Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2018, 08:37 AM   #1

30.5 CKTS - Questions & Thoughts

My wife and I are looking closely at this model Jayco. Anyone out there own one. What do you like or dislike about it. Can you open the fridge with slides in? Any problem with large slide swintec slide opener? Thank you for any imput.
Sk734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:36 AM   #2

This model is at the top of my wish list at the moment. Accessing the fridge with the slide in is a priority for me as well. Youtube videos show being able to open the right side of the fridge with the larger double door fridge option, and because there isn't a wall in the middle of the fridge you can reach around inside to the other side. I don't know about with the single doored fridge shown in the floorplan.
Jacqui583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:33 PM   #3

I have one with the 13 cu ft fridge and I can confirm that you can get in with the slides in. You can't with the smaller fridge.
jdhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:05 PM   #4

We have one and just came back from a 1400 mi trip only a few lose screws on shades nothing bad. ALL RV's will have some problems but this one has been pretty good, two recalls that should be taken care of by now if are buying new. Best floor plan for a under 35ft 5th wheel lots of room inside people are very surprised when you tell them the size. It pulls nice and I got it in some tight spots and pulled through very small campground roads. Get the bigger tires! and if you want to open fridge with slides in you will need the four door one. The mattress is bad but a memory/gel foam topper fixes that. Also put a small clamp on the bottom of bathroom door when travel. Over all its great and if its over 90 outside you might want 2nd ac. We are going to add a small one the single 15000 btu is only ok.
michael5572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael5572 View Post
We have one and just came back from a 1400 mi trip only a few lose screws on shades nothing bad. ALL RV's will have some problems but this one has been pretty good, two recalls that should be taken care of by now if are buying new. Best floor plan for a under 35ft 5th wheel lots of room inside people are very surprised when you tell them the size. It pulls nice and I got it in some tight spots and pulled through very small campground roads. Get the bigger tires! and if you want to open fridge with slides in you will need the four door one. The mattress is bad but a memory/gel foam topper fixes that. Also put a small clamp on the bottom of bathroom door when travel. Over all its great and if its over 90 outside you might want 2nd ac. We are going to add a small one the single 15000 btu is only ok.
Thanks for the info. What truck are you using to pull it?
Sk734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:51 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael5572 View Post
There must be something about this particular model. We took delivery and hit the road for a 1000 mile road trip.

What are the recalls you mentioned?
Old 07-19-2018, 08:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk734 View Post
Thanks for the info. What truck are you using to pull it?
If this helps, I am driving a 2017 Nissan Titan XD with the diesel and it is a dream to tow.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:17 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhale View Post
There must be something about this particular model. We took delivery and hit the road for a 1000 mile road trip.

What are the recalls you mentioned?
The furnace and if you have an orbital pin box.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:21 AM   #9

2017 Ford F-250 diesel. I would recomend a diesel way better towing and you can fill up in the truck lanes when trailer is attached.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhale View Post
I have one with the 13 cu ft fridge and I can confirm that you can get in with the slides in. You can't with the smaller fridge.
I just watched a youtube video with Josh the RV Nerd (Haylett RV in Michigan) and he said you CAN open the fridge with the slides in with the smaller 8 cubic foot standard fridge.
Jacqui583 is offline   Reply With Quote