Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-25-2018, 06:48 AM   #1

30.5 mbok

So, our 3rd new Jayco camper this year has brought us to the 30.5 MBOK. I think we have found the camper for us finally. We are out on a Christmas shake down camp currently. Overall we are very happy with our new camper, after removing the bunks in the bunk room we have the perfect spot for our one year old and her crib. I am struggling with stability though, I feel like I am living on a boat at see when sitting in the back recliner or in the front bed when someone is moving around the camper. This is our first fifth wheel, so I am looking for tips to stabilize this beast. We do not have the auto level option, just front landing gear and rear manual stabilization jacks. On our previous tow behind I used the BAL X chocks and they worked great, but with the 16” tire option on the 5’er I didn’t think they would fit between the wheels so I left them home. I have shortened the extension of the rear stabilizers which helped some, should I do the same for the front landing gear? Do those king pin tri-pod stabilizers work? Does anyone know of x-chocks like devices that will fit between these 16” wheels? The gap is less than 4” I would guess. Merry Christmas to all and thanks in advance for any advice
nabcracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 08:19 AM   #2

JT Strongarms would definitely help. I installed them on my fiver and they made a world of difference.

djalbrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 09:15 AM   #3

I have the same FW as you do, and notice movement also. I have set of tire wedges (mine are 16") and they might help a little but not much. I've owned 3 different trailers and this one is really no worse than any of the others. I have a friend that uses stabilizer stands under his slide outs, and uses large pads under his stabilizers to shortened the expansion of the stands. He claims it helps.
1carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 10:07 AM   #4

the shorter the landing gear, the more stable they will be. I just bought two andersen trailer jack blocks for the landing gear. they're cool, check em out.
smoakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 10:08 PM   #5

I have same unit. After awhile you don’t notice the movement. This is my second Eagle 5th wheel. My 2013 had about the same movement.
Old 12-30-2018, 05:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoakin View Post
the shorter the landing gear, the more stable they will be. I just bought two andersen trailer jack blocks for the landing gear. they're cool, check em out.
Just ordered a set, thanks for the tip
Old 12-30-2018, 05:11 AM   #7

Thanks for everyones input.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:22 AM   #8

I bought the tripod for under the kingpin, and it reduced about 40% of the the movement I felt in the bedroom, but did nothing for the back half. I added a small tripod jack under the rear trailer hitch, and it helped a little more. Still for the money, they really didn't do much.
Been thinking of trying some of the other options myself to keep the wheels from moving.
waterwalkers is offline   Reply With Quote