Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-19-2014, 10:15 PM   #1

31.5 rlts

We are thinking of purchasing a new Jayco 31.5 RLTS. Sure would appreciate any comments about how anyone feels about this unit. We really like the looks, and the way it is built. Thanks for any comments!!
J&CTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:25 PM   #2

We bought a 31.5 RLTS in Dec of 2011. We really like the floor plan. There have been some repair issues. But the dealership and Jayco have stepped up to the plate each time. As we speak, our unit is scheduled to be taken back to Jayco for a crack in the side near the bed slide. We would definitely buy the same unit again except we would get thermal pane windows on the next one. There is a lot of square footage to heat and cool and the windows are clearly the biggest conduit. We tend to use our unit in very hot and cold conditions and the AC and furnace are working hard to maintain temperatures. We have the sliding carrier on the rear of our unit. It's a must for us. We boondock quite a bit and carry a generator back there as well as a short ladder. It tows magnificently!!! If you browse thru this blog, you'll see that some don't like the kitchen sink and cabinets. We think they are fine.. All in all, it's a good unit.
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:31 PM   #3

I have a 2011 31.5 RLTS, I also had the crack and had to go back to factory for repair. I would think by now they would have that problem fixed. We go south for the winter and spend several months in it and we are very happy with ours. That being said, get the thermal pane windows and the second air conditioner.
Traindriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:53 PM   #4

Very helpfull tips, the one we are looking at does not have the thermal pane windows or the 2nd air cond but has the 15,000 btu air. At this time the way we would be using it I think we would get along quite well. The cracking does concern me but I also believe that by now Jayco has hopefully corrected this problem. We sure do like the floor plan and other features of the 31.5 RLTS. Thanks for all of the good ideas and info.
J&CTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:01 PM   #5

We have the 2013 31.5 rlts and love it. The electric fireplace helps the furnace from running a lot. We have not camped in very hot weather yet.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:18 PM   #6

One reason for the 2nd air. Once you get the trailer cooled, you can shut down the living room a/c and use the bedroom one and it is a lot quieter. At night, run the living room a/c while you sleep. I really wish I had the better windows, you will really see the difference when it is colder.
Traindriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #7

This is our third fw and we love it, especially the second ac. We also had Steve's Rv install another manual awning on the right side slid out, it works great, the whole right side is shady. The second FW was a 30ft Laredo with one ac. could not keep the bedroom cool, .
Have fun camping
2012 Dodge 3500
US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population
rthibodaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:49 PM   #8

Can we see picture of your 2nd awning on right side? I would like a 2nd awning because when it rains, you get wet because the auto awning doesn't cover enough due to slide.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:19 PM   #9

We have this same unit, which we are taking on a 2 year trip throughout the US. To date, we have no issues. We are a family of 3 adults and find this unit provides much space and produces a cozy/home atmosphere. We did remove the dining table and had Jayco install another couch. We also had Jayco ship us a kitchen island that matched our counter-tops. We have a Dodge Ram 2500 and it has no trouble towing this unit, sometimes I forgot its attached. In fact, we just arrived at Yosemite, and the truck / trailer did a great job climbing the hill! Good luck and keep us updated.

Traveling the US full-time
The Happy Campers is offline   Reply With Quote