Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-21-2016, 08:55 PM   #1

31.5 RLTS gas lines pinched

With 70 degree weather (and camping next weekend) we did a dry run last night. I turned on the gas for the furnace to test it and began smelling gas. Turns out the raccoons have paid a visit again and chewed through a line (second time this has happened). While under the rig I found that that gas lines for the fridge and stove were pinched flat up against the outside side of the slide (say fast three times). It appears that every since I have gotten the rig, the lines get smashed each time the slide is pulled in. This would explain why it takes awhile to get stove lit and fridge to go on gas when I get ready to go for the weekend.

Anyone else have this issue? I guess I'll have my gas line repair service reroute the lines to keep this from happening. At this point no need to take to the dealer since out of warranty but I am certainly going to bring to their attention.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:44 AM   #2

Sorry for your problem. However, you might consider going to customer service at Jayco and let them know. No expectation about Jayco doing anything since it's out of warranty, but I doubt the dealer will do anything with your information as far as Jayco is concerned, but a call to customer service might alert them to a potential problem on the assembly line. I would assume a VIN being handy would help as well.
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:29 PM   #3

chas111,

That is exactly what I would do! Take pictures and attach them to an email to customer service. Make sure the VIN is on the subject line. If this has been repaired before under warranty, it should be recorded on file for your unit.

Since this has to do with LP and if I was a customer service rep, I would want to study this case very hard. I retired from thls type of thing 4 years ago with that other big rv manufacturer. It needs to be brought to their attention. Especially if, you are the original owner of this unit and you have NOT made any alterations to the lines on your own since you purchased it!

Give them time to study and investigate and reply back to you. Be cordial and explain your concerns.

Just sayin'.
dalengail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:27 AM   #4

Thanks for the feedback. After exhausting ideas of how to repair myself...I contacted the general manager at the dealer I purchased my 31.5 RLTS. They were very concerned about the issue and agree that it was a manufacturer error in placement of the hoses above the slide arm - that allowed the hoses to be smashed flat each time the slide came in. They requested I bring my unit in and they are going to replace both lines at no charge. I am very pleased.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:54 AM   #5

That sounds like a really good deal! You may want to request that, if it hasn't been done yet, pictures be taken and sent to Jayco to be filed in the history of your unit.

Again, just sayin'.....
dalengail is offline   Reply With Quote