Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-30-2019, 11:56 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOJoe View Post
Hi all. New to the Forum. Thanks for having me. Looking at getting back into a 5th wheel and really like the 317RLOK layout. Can those that own one share your likes, dislikes and other comments. I'm retired, in my 60's and it would just be the wife and I. No full timing, but 3 or 4 trips a year, and to be used as an escape module when we get evacuated from the house. (It's in the OBX and just behind the dunes.) Previously owned a 33 ft Carriage Cameo (SB32) and towed that with a 2004 Duramax Crew 2500HD reg bed. Current truck is a 2017 Duramax Crew 4 x 4 2500HD with a reg bed (6'6"). Truck has a slight lift kit, mostly to level the front end and keep the bumper out of the sand at the beach. Stock 20/265 E rated tires.

The other layout I like is the 30.5MLOK. Little smaller, lighter, but no W/D prep and 2 slides. Never owned a Jayco, had a Sunline Travel Trailer but it was just too small.

Really appreciate any input.

Joe
We have had our RLOK for about a year now. Had some minor water leaks initially but replaced clamps and everything was good. We love ours.
Freeriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 01:51 PM   #22
DGW

Eagle 317RLOK

Had ours for 18 months and it's wonderful for a couple. We even put 6 in it once a year for a beach trip. A few caveats and suggestions below:

* Sanicon - not necessary, but I like it.
* Mine came with the old style fold out steps, I replaced with Mor-Ryde Step Above.
* Interior Steps are painful on bare feet, and too shallow for anyone over size 10. I added the stair caps used on the Northpoint and Pinnacle.
* Standard outdoor fridge was inadequate so I bought one from Lowes for $110.

Biggest issue was wiring at the factory
* Inverter was wired backwards, which caused a cascade of problems. Eventually all solved under warranty.
* Both residential fridge and outdoor fridge are on the same 15amp circuit, along with a few other kitchen outlets. If you try and run a coffee pot in the kitchen you'll trip the circuit. The idea was so that you could run both fridges off the inverter, but it's simply too much draw. To solve, I plugged the outdoor fridge into one of the other (non-inverter) outlets and all is good.
DGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 08:03 PM   #23

We have a 2018 model. We are both in our early sixties,retired and very much enjoy ours. We were shopping for two years before we ( actually my wife) decided on it. This past June after 14 months of owning we had to have the front cap repainted due to heavy oxidation and stress cracks. Local dealer repaired. If I remember correctly they use a clear coat on the paint. Other that that we’ve had very minor issues. Which I have corrected on my own. Trailer comes off the scales at just under 12K when it’s ready for traveling. We tow with ‘19 F-350 drw LBCC. I don’t even know it’s back there at times. Longest trip was a 2 month trip this past May/June from AZ. Along gulf coast up to SC and back. Trailer is more than enough for the wife and I. Good Luck on your choice.
Afrnd2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 06:43 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGW View Post
Had ours for 18 months and it's wonderful for a couple. We even put 6 in it once a year for a beach trip. A few caveats and suggestions below:

* Sanicon - not necessary, but I like it.
* Mine came with the old style fold out steps, I replaced with Mor-Ryde Step Above.
* Interior Steps are painful on bare feet, and too shallow for anyone over size 10. I added the stair caps used on the Northpoint and Pinnacle.
* Standard outdoor fridge was inadequate so I bought one from Lowes for $110.

Biggest issue was wiring at the factory
* Inverter was wired backwards, which caused a cascade of problems. Eventually all solved under warranty.
* Both residential fridge and outdoor fridge are on the same 15amp circuit, along with a few other kitchen outlets. If you try and run a coffee pot in the kitchen you'll trip the circuit. The idea was so that you could run both fridges off the inverter, but it's simply too much draw. To solve, I plugged the outdoor fridge into one of the other (non-inverter) outlets and all is good.
I had the same inverter issue, thankfully I am a master electrician and fixed it myself.

As for wiring, I can tell you for a fact that mine is wired differently. The residential refrigerator and the plug to the left of the stove is the only thing on the inverter circuit in my unit. All the other receptacles in the main area are on the same circuit.

I would like to see the pictures of the install of the Mor-Ryde Step that you installed.

Also I agree the steps leading to the master bedroom are narrow. Can you share pics of that too?

Sanicon - yep, I have never used it, hell I cant even remember what they told me to do in order to operate it.
Chris Wendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:21 AM   #25
IFF

We recently picked up our new 2020 317RLOK and absolutely love it. It was ordered from the factory and born on a Friday. We have owned numerous RV's over the years and are extremely pleased with the initial quality of this Jayco. One minor issue with the door flap not closing on the dual door refrigerator. I easily fixed this by turning the adjustment bolt on the door hinge to raise the left hand door which was dragging slightly. Put a memory foam pad on the bed and sleep better than at home. We pull the coach with a 2018 Ram 3500 CC long bed DRW. With the B&W Companion hitch 3" forward of the axle I have 5200 lbs on the front axle, 6300 lbs on the rear axle and 9600 lbs on the trailer axles.

IFF
IFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:51 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFF View Post
We recently picked up our new 2020 317RLOK and absolutely love it. It was ordered from the factory and born on a Friday. We have owned numerous RV's over the years and are extremely pleased with the initial quality of this Jayco. One minor issue with the door flap not closing on the dual door refrigerator. I easily fixed this by turning the adjustment bolt on the door hinge to raise the left hand door which was dragging slightly. Put a memory foam pad on the bed and sleep better than at home. We pull the coach with a 2018 Ram 3500 CC long bed DRW. With the B&W Companion hitch 3" forward of the axle I have 5200 lbs on the front axle, 6300 lbs on the rear axle and 9600 lbs on the trailer axles. IFF
Sounds like you're all set!! Also you have the perfect tow vehicle. You wont know the 5er is behind you............enjoy!!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 12:23 PM   #27

We bought a new 2018 317RLOK in January 2019 as our first RV ever. We didn't want to go thru the "progression" of getting something too small and working up. We love the layout and it pulls like a dream behind our 2017 Cummins RAM 2500 (with factory airbags). I also opted to get the Ultimate Andersen hitch because of the weight savings and the fact that the truck is my every day driver. It's a breeze taking the 40lb hitch in and out as needed. We've also had the cap fading issue and we're awaiting factory approval to repaint. Other than that, only minor issues thus far. Needless to say, there is a huge learning curve for these houses on wheels, but we are lovin' it so far.
dcdutton is offline   Reply With Quote