Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-19-2017, 11:25 AM   #1

317RLOK roof issue

We are five days away from our maiden voyage in our brand new 317rlok.A massive rainstorm hit socal two nights ago and we found water seeping down the side wall of the bedroom closet on the street side apparently directly under the area where the front cap is attached to the rest of the body. Rushed it over to Richardsons in Menifee and they said that that there was a gap in the seal on the cap that they fixed and that i am good to go...My question since the coach left the factory with this flaw and god knows how much water it has taken on before i bought it,am i a candidate for delamination and mold and roof issues??..I am worried
packardfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:45 AM   #2

Make sure it's well documented by the dealer and you have copies for any future related things that may surface. That sealer should of be checked by the dealer PDI and may by your PDI. Best check all the sealer areas top to bottom. This isn't the first I've heard of Jayco not putting down enough Dicor on the seams.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:11 PM   #3

Thank You Earl! I hope that i am not in trouble down the road..by the way im assming that PDI means pre delivery inspection?
Old 02-19-2017, 01:12 PM   #4

assuming is what i meant....
Old 02-19-2017, 01:19 PM   #5

Yes, that's correct. Pre delivery inspection.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:57 AM   #6

I had a similar issue with my 2017 317RLOK. Took delivery last August and was camping in October when it was raining pretty good and I noticed water dripping down from the rear window (left side) behind the couch. The next day I got up on the roof and noticed a small gap where caulk was missing between the roof and where the rear wall meets it. Applied a silicone bead over it and anywhere where it looked questionable (Front and Back) just to be sure that was not going to happen again. No leaks since. Everything appears fine. I will keep an eye on it for sure.
GasolineDean is offline   Reply With Quote