Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-30-2021, 11:33 AM   #1

32 rlts leak

Hi all,
Happened to glance under our 5th wheel yesterday and noticed water dripping from the drain plumbing under where the kitchen sink in the island is located.
Without ripping off all the skin from under the unit…does anyone have an idea where or what the problem could be?
I call a RV repair person and they mentioned the plumbing connector to the sink under the belly…I looked in the garage and you can’t see far back enough.
Beachbum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 02:25 PM   #2

Unfortunately, you may have no other option but to drop the cover. If it's a connector, it's an easy fix.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 02:39 PM   #3

Leak

Found the problem this morning…the tank is cracked along one side about a foot long where it sits on the frame.
Old 11-30-2021, 03:06 PM   #4
Site Team

If you can get to the crack, this is good stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BRQ0TW...aa_scomp_srsr2

By the sound of where it is, some type of tank protection is in order, so it doesn't reoccur right there. Just a thought.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 05:01 PM   #5

I'd take that back to the dealer for warranty repair. The insulation needs removed and the underside needs dried out.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 05:38 PM   #6

Leak

News update

What the service guy said was a cracked tank turned out to be the tank slipping off the angle bracket on one side and gave the appearance of being cracked.
Once the tank slipped off…the pipe came out of the flange going into the tank and that is where the water came from.
Now how the hell the tank could slip off is beyond me and should never be able to happen if built proper….which always seems to lead back to the poor quality that is getting cranked out these days.
Old 11-30-2021, 05:40 PM   #7

When the tanks fills the weights going to pull down on the holding flanges and make them tilt upward. Adding a 2"x2"x1/4" angle iron from side to side fastened to the frame flange will cure the problem.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 11:21 AM   #8

Leaks

I have Jayco looking into it trying to schedule a repair. I’m thinking something was either welded or bolted in the wrong place that would let the tank slip out the way it did. Good thing we never drove with the tanks full or I’m a 100% sure the tank would have fallen out on the road as we travelled. Jayco should probably have better inspection on the assembly line before something like this causes an accident on an interstate.