Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-20-2019, 02:28 PM   #1

321 RSTS Entertainment Sound System

I've got a 2018 321 RSTS and haven't figured out the entertainment sound systems in regards to TV Sound. How in the world do you switch TV sound to the Sound Bar below the TV? I've tracked the wire system TV Sound out is plugged into AUX sound in on the Furrion Receiver. Sound bar is plugged into Zone 1 on the Receiver. Selecting AUX and Zone 1 produces no sound from Sound Bar. The only time i get sound from Sound Bar is via a DVD or AM/FM Music. As many here have complained, the Fusion TV sound is terrible and would love to hear sound coming directly from the Sound Bar. Hope you all have some magic, i certainly can't figure this system out.

thanks - Capt. Kirk
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:49 PM   #2

1) Turn on your stereo
2) Select aux. You may need to press AUX twice to show Rear Aux, which is the sound from the TV
3) Make sure Zone 2 is selected. Zone 2 is the sound bar.
4) Turn volume up

2018 Jayco Eagle 336FBOK
2017 Ram 3500 CC SRW 6.4 Hemi 4.10 Curt Q20
RobPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 03:08 PM   #3

Rob,, thanks for reply. Tried your instruction and not working. I'm pretty sure something is wrong with the entertainment receiver. One more thing to add to the warranty list for visit dealer visit next month.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:32 PM   #4

We were told by the dealer the sound bar only works with the DVD player. Why? Who knows. Kind of dumb but I have tried several configurations and can’t get it to work except with the DVD.
Good luck.
Dryheat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:21 AM   #5

Sorry my suggestion did not help/work. I know with my Furrion tuner, there is an Aux input on the front and one on the rear. I needed to make sure that I selected the Rear Aux to get TV sound. I get TV sound through the tuner in all 3 zones including the sound bar.

Not sure if you have the same tuner as I do though. Here is a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
0120191156.jpg  

2018 Jayco Eagle 336FBOK
Old 01-21-2019, 07:32 PM   #6

Took me about two hours to figure this out in my 2018 Eagle camper. On the radio I had to select ARC for the TV to play through the camper speakers. Not sure the year of your camper. Seems the process is different for other years or different model campers. Most of the posts I read selected AUX but it did not work for mine. I was about to give up and read something that said to select ARC. It works in my camper, maybe it will work for you.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0521.jpg  
Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:03 PM   #7

Bama, you make a good point.

It appears that you need to remove the radio and find out where the audio cables are connected on the back. I think the original poster did that and they were connected to the Aux port in the back of the radio. I also think the OP was getting sound out of his sound bar via radio and cd so I think it is a "selection" setting on the radio of it is defective.

Glad yours is working.

2018 Jayco Eagle 336FBOK
Old 01-21-2019, 08:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobPotter View Post
Sorry my suggestion did not help/work. I know with my Furrion tuner, there is an Aux input on the front and one on the rear. I needed to make sure that I selected the Rear Aux to get TV sound. I get TV sound through the tuner in all 3 zones including the sound bar.

Not sure if you have the same tuner as I do though. Here is a picture.
Turns out your directions does work but for some reason i have no volume level coming out of speakers until volume is at 24 level. When i turn below 24 the volume is gone.. It only does this with the TV input on the AUX R. Playing dvd or listening to radio the volume level work fine below 24.. Anyone having similiar problem follow these instructions and crank up the volume on the Fusion tuner. I would like to find out if anyone else is experiencing this same thing.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
Turns out your directions does work but for some reason i have no volume level coming out of speakers until volume is at 24 level. When i turn below 24 the volume is gone.. It only does this with the TV input on the AUX R. Playing dvd or listening to radio the volume level work fine below 24.. Anyone having similiar problem follow these instructions and crank up the volume on the Fusion tuner. I would like to find out if anyone else is experiencing this same thing.
Welcome to the Furrion world! Terrible products.........IMHO!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Welcome to the Furrion world! Terrible products.........IMHO!
i had that unit out and i'm thinking i should switch it out with a Pioneer AVIC 8400 that i have sitting in my Garage storage. The Furrion unit is no different in size, it's a Double DEN same size as my Pioneer. The Pioneer would pretty much do everything else, even DVD.. Probably sound better too.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:00 PM   #11

***** I've edited my original post to to eliminate confusion. *****

I Just purchased a 2019 355mbqs. I had high hopes that the Furrion electronics may be a step up in the RV world but I was sadly mistaken.

My TV is a 50" Furrion FEFS50K9A
My Stereo is a Furrion DV1220BL

I pulled my Furrion Stereo to see how everything was wired and immediately determined that there was no audio connection between the two. They had RCA and HDMI cables both ran but were terminated wrong. The RCA connection they ran was actually going input to input and the HDMI that ran to the HDMI 3 IN which will work but not necessarily correct.

What they should have done and what you should do with yours is terminate your RCA Cables to the "Audio Out L-R" which is located on the back left of the TV. The HDMI will work on HDMI 3 IN but really should be on HDMI 2 IN (ARC) which is also on the back left of the TV. Jayco ran all the cables on mine to the connections on the back right of the TV when they should have utilized the connections on the back left of the TV.

With your cables terminated this way, your TV audio should now play through the stereo and through any zone you would like. The HDMI connection will be so you can watch DVD's. The audio for the DVD will just automatically play through the stereo to whichever zone you have chosen.

Another option is to run a 6 foot optical cable from the "Optical Out" connection on the back right of the TV to the "Optical In" on the back of the Stereo.

If you run the new optical cable, there is a small Panel behind the TV that they route the cables through. Do yourself a favor and remove this Panel to run the new optical cable.

Here is a link to the Optical cable I used and works great.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...ical+cable+6ft
Attached Thumbnails
furrion_tv_backleft.png   furrion_tv_backright.png  
mghill77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
i had that unit out and i'm thinking i should switch it out with a Pioneer AVIC 8400 that i have sitting in my Garage storage. The Furrion unit is no different in size, it's a Double DEN same size as my Pioneer. The Pioneer would pretty much do everything else, even DVD.. Probably sound better too.
I would definitely recommend doing this and it will definitely sound better even with the cruddy Furrion speakers.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mghill77 View Post
***** I've edited my original post to to eliminate confusion. *****

I Just purchased a 2019 355mbqs. I had high hopes that the Furrion electronics may be a step up in the RV world but I was sadly mistaken.

My TV is a 50" Furrion FEFS50K9A
My Stereo is a Furrion DV1220BL

I pulled my Furrion Stereo to see how everything was wired and immediately determined that there was no audio connection between the two. They had RCA and HDMI cables both ran but were terminated wrong. The RCA connection they ran was actually going input to input and the HDMI that ran to the HDMI 3 IN which will work but not necessarily correct.

What they should have done and what you should do with yours is terminate your RCA Cables to the "Audio Out L-R" which is located on the back left of the TV. The HDMI will work on HDMI 3 IN but really should be on HDMI 2 IN (ARC) which is also on the back left of the TV. Jayco ran all the cables on mine to the connections on the back right of the TV when they should have utilized the connections on the back left of the TV.

With your cables terminated this way, your TV audio should now play through the stereo and through any zone you would like. The HDMI connection will be so you can watch DVD's. The audio for the DVD will just automatically play through the stereo to whichever zone you have chosen.

Another option is to run a 6 foot optical cable from the "Optical Out" connection on the back right of the TV to the "Optical In" on the back of the Stereo.

If you run the new optical cable, there is a small Panel behind the TV that they route the cables through. Do yourself a favor and remove this Panel to run the new optical cable.

Here is a link to the Optical cable I used and works great.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...ical+cable+6ft

Once I got home I looked at mine a little closer. First off, the connections that I was referring to on the back left of the TV are actually located on the bottom of the TV.

You should only need to use the one HDMI Cable if it is connected to the HDMI 2 (ARC) input on the TV. ARC just means "Audio Return Channel" and is typically used for exactly this. You can also use the Optical or RCA inputs but they aren't really necessary as long as the "ARC" input does it's job which isn't always the case with electronics as they aren't always compatible. Any of the 3 options should work for you, but if you find the HDMI cable on the ARC channel works then that is the route I would go and will have fewer cables to worry about. You may find variance in audio quality and loudness as well between the 3 options so you may choose one over the other based on that.

Whoever is wiring this up at the factory obviously has no idea what they are doing and the Quality Control is obviously not checking to make sure any of this works properly. I'm not surprised by this though.