Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2017, 05:29 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
Schwintek slides are notorious for issues, yet Jayco keeps specifying and installing. We have had nothing but issues and the damn thing completely failed in the shop a year ago. every time we took it in, "No problem found" and then this happened. The motors were replaced with 500:1 motors vs the wimpy 300:1 units. The outriggers were bent and the rollers were only 3 were 6 was required. After 14 weeks we got it back.
We're did u get the work done?

I am having a slide problem and I haven't even used the 5th wheel yet. They have had the dealer try and work on it but they did not fix it, have worked out an appt with lazy days threw Jayco to try there hand at it, I think lazydays is better equipped to try the second time, if they can not fix it, it's going back to The factory for a 3rd try......
Puddle Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:53 PM   #22

Have 2016 321RSTS with slide issues from new. Required trip to Jayco factory service center last summer for 10 days. They had lippert weld new outboard supports and 4-6 new rollers to correct floor droop. They had to also correct slide roof low spot. This has corrected slide issues so far after another year of full timing. Check outboard supports under slide to for any bend and latest design. You should be able to find pics on supports from my previous posts or search on 377 models. They have same issue because of large slide and scheintek slides. Invest in intex air mattress for queen sleep couch. We have used one with family and friends with good success.
Rsoccfan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 02:38 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdawg View Post
My other complaint besides the high failure rate (at least for me), is that no one seems to be able to work on them. We only have two Jayco dealers in the state and both of them seem to be baffled by the Schwinteks. Given all the problems, one would think they would be more up to date on them.

Jim

Mine had 5, they put 2 more in total of 7, problem still there.
Puddle Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote