Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-19-2015, 03:39 PM   #1

323lkts water pump location

Dealer doesn't know where it is. Called Jayco and they were going to send me a schematic vie email. Haven't gotten it yet. In the basement there's a removable panel next to the compartment that houses the drains and plumbing valves. Removed it and found lots of piping and wires but no water pump that I could see. Help! Thanks, rick
Old 12-21-2015, 04:48 PM   #2

Mine water pump is located behind the panel. It is mounted on the floor directly behind the fresh water panel.
kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:52 PM   #3

I forgot to add. Check the fitting that goes into the pump when you locate it. The fitting was not tightened at the factory or had worked loose and flooded my basement on my last trip. It's at the dealer now being replaced.
Old 12-21-2015, 04:52 PM   #4
Site Team

Seems like you could hear it running?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 05:49 PM   #5

It was such a slow leak the pump did not kick on. It was on the inlet side. I had been set up about 2 hours when I discovered the leak.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:55 PM   #6

Thanks for the replays guys. Got the schematic and it shows it next to the furnace which would put it under bathroom sink. Can't go out to look at it as its stored ten miles away. Tha Jayco service rep says it should be behind a false wall under the sink? I removed a panel in the basement drivers side adjacent to the valve and fresh water hookups to see a lot of wires and piping but no pump? Turning it on to hear it is a smart suggestion. I've no water hooked up. Can I run the pump dry for a few seconds w/o damaging it. Gotta get this squared away before next week when the maiden voyage to Florida sets sail
Old 12-21-2015, 06:40 PM   #7
Site Team

I would just long enough to hear it run.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 12-21-2015, 08:21 PM   #8

This is interesting. When I ordered our new 323LKTS a couple weeks ago the dealer told me the pump was in the basement behind the water connection panel. But you looked there. So I will be listening to hear WHERE you find it.
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgrigutis View Post
Can I run the pump dry for a few seconds w/o damaging it. .
Won't hurt a thing.

Right from their website.

SHURFLO® reliability, these fresh water demand pumps are super quiet, thermally protected and can run dry without damage.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:29 PM   #10

Thanks for that grumpy!

I found the water pump behind the control panel. The first time I looked I didn't see it under all the wiring and plumbing. My mistake, in a hurry. There was no water filter w/the pump tho. Couldn't get to look for a access panel under the kitchen sink as the slide is in and the batteries are out. Thursday I'll put the batteries in and see what's what
Old 12-23-2015, 05:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgrigutis View Post
Thanks for that grumpy!

I found the water pump behind the control panel. The first time I looked I didn't see it under all the wiring and plumbing. My mistake, in a hurry. There was no water filter w/the pump tho. Couldn't get to look for a access panel under the kitchen sink as the slide is in and the batteries are out. Thursday I'll put the batteries in and see what's what
Could be a typo, but if the pump is behind the utility panel, you're going to want to look for the access panel under the bathroom, not kitchen sink. Haven't had a chance to go out to our unit to look yet, but should get out there today.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:31 AM   #12

Thanks rob. I was able to access the bathroom but couldn't see a panel there. It's the logical place for it tho. Appreciate your looking for it.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:23 PM   #13

Had to crawl into the basement, but found it. The wall panel behind the utility center is also an access panel, and the pump is screwed to the floor behind it. There's also a maze of houses and wires back there...

Glad I went looking though as I found an issue with one of the plumbing lines - factory cut it too short, but rather than cut a new piece or simply add a 90' elbow, they kinked the original piece and forced it to fit. Water would have flowed, but with a significant restriction. Glad I found it now and was able to repair when I had easy access to parts...
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:22 PM   #14
Site Team

Mine is back there also. When my rig was new and before I loaded the storage area up, I removed those panels and looked around. Also found access to the tank sensors on a couple of tanks and was able to reroute a couple of flex ducts that were almost kinked.

I must have vacuumed up a pile of shavings and construction debris.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 12-23-2015, 08:08 PM   #15

Yeah I found mine back there too but no water filter canister. That's what I'm looking for now. It's a real quagmire back there behind the utility panel. The tank valves on mine don't completely seat to the panel. Hope that's not an indication of them not sealing. I'll find out in a week I guess. They seem to bottom out but I just hope they seal. If you guys find your water filter I'd sure appreciate hearing about where it's at. Thanks Rick