Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-25-2016, 06:49 PM   #1

355MBQS Question?

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of ordering a new coach and we are looking at three models in the Jayco Eagle line.

We really like the 325BHQS, the 345BHTS but both have limited seating in the living area for the kids.

A nice trade off that has extra seating is the 355MBQS. When I go online to build it and add the freestanding table it deletes the Theater seating rather than the Dinette? Is this accurate. I want to keep the Recliner seats and replace the Dinette with a table and chairs.

For those of you who have this coach is this correct or an error?

Thanks for your help

RS
Rustysocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:40 AM   #2

Our 355MBQS came off the line 04\21.
We should pick it up soon!!

The table and chairs replaces the dinette. The website must have an error.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:43 AM   #3

I figured that was likely the case. How did you order your configured?

Really having lots of back and forth's trying to decide which model is right for us. Our current layout is a rear living room and when our daughter was young it didn't really matter and worked well. But now that she's older folding out the hide a bed completely blocks everything.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:22 AM   #4

Sounds like an error. We have the dinette. We are looking forward to hearing from other owners of the 355MBQS. Ours is four months old and only minor issues. Congratulations on your new purchase.
hunter1393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
I figured that was likely the case. How did you order your configured?

Really having lots of back and forth's trying to decide which model is right for us. Our current layout is a rear living room and when our daughter was young it didn't really matter and worked well. But now that she's older folding out the hide a bed completely blocks everything.
We went with the table and chairs. Don't really need the storage under the dinette, and the chairs give extra seats that we can move wherever we need.

We love the layout of the camper. Our kids are 6 & 9 and we had a travel trailer with a rear bunk room. We quickly found out the kids spend very little time in the bunk room unless they are sleeping, and that became wasted space for 2/3s of the day.

We have camped with a families with older kids, and they say the same thing; the kids don't spend too much time in the bunk room.

We got most of the options available....12' refrigerator, Double Pane windows, MAXXIS tires, Extra awning, 2nd Air. We will likely have this 5th for quite awhile, so we got it loaded with the features we really wanted. We had our prior TT for 11 years.

We are close enough to retirement to think about that. Will we have this camper then? Who knows, but the bunk room would make a great large closet if the kids are not along on a trip. Other Mid Bunk layouts are 43'-44' long. We like that this one keeps us just under 40'
Old 04-26-2016, 02:35 PM   #6

PS, Jayco will do the slideout awnings from the factory. Not in the options, but they will do them. You just have to have your dealer ask. Was like $700 for all 4.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsday75 View Post
We went with the table and chairs. Don't really need the storage under the dinette, and the chairs give extra seats that we can move wherever we need.

We love the layout of the camper. Our kids are 6 & 9 and we had a travel trailer with a rear bunk room. We quickly found out the kids spend very little time in the bunk room unless they are sleeping, and that became wasted space for 2/3s of the day.

We have camped with a families with older kids, and they say the same thing; the kids don't spend too much time in the bunk room.

We got most of the options available....12' refrigerator, Double Pane windows, MAXXIS tires, Extra awning, 2nd Air. We will likely have this 5th for quite awhile, so we got it loaded with the features we really wanted. We had our prior TT for 11 years.

We are close enough to retirement to think about that. Will we have this camper then? Who knows, but the bunk room would make a great large closet if the kids are not along on a trip. Other Mid Bunk layouts are 43'-44' long. We like that this one keeps us just under 40'
We are kind of in the same situation. Our daughter is 11 and always wants to bring a friend along.

Our current trailer has a freestanding table and chairs so I like that option. I built one online with just about every option except for the dual pane glass and the revolution (I have a long bed)

One concern I have that maybe you can answer is does the door to the bunk block access to the hallway.. meaning does it always have to be closed? It would be ideal if they designed it with a pocket door?
Or is it a non-issue.

I'm really probably overanalyzing this but like you I will probably keep this coach for 7-10 years. There is no perfect layout it seems. everything has trade offs.

My dealer advised that whatever we order will be a 2017 model and will likely have the silver sides. I've done a lot of business with this dealer over the years and I don't have to negotiate much to get a fair price but he did say that it will take until mid july to get it once we order.

I'll likely pull the trigger in the next day or so...

Did you put a W/D in yours?

Thanks for answering all my questions. I appreciate it.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:44 PM   #8

no W/D in ours. I will add later if we start traveling more than the 40 or so nights a year we get to now.

Bunk room door blocks some, but not fully. You could leave ajar and be ok. Bathroom door blocks most of the small hall......

That leads me to the 2017 thing....There are....changes in the 355MBQS......
The bunk room is redesigned....
Check http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f4...nts-34791.html for details.

Seems to be a folding bunk and J Cubes or a hide a bed. Loft above. Not sure how all that might work. I like the sound of the redesigned storage, but hard to visualize with just the description.

Bath does get a pocket door, which I like the sound of.
48' TV and some other nice upgrades with the 2017 at 2016 prices, but the bunk room changes.....I just don't know.....
Old 04-26-2016, 08:06 PM   #9

Quote:
no W/D in ours. I will add later if we start traveling more than the 40 or so nights a year we get to now.

Bunk room door blocks some, but not fully. You could leave ajar and be ok. Bathroom door blocks most of the small hall......

That leads me to the 2017 thing....There are....changes in the 355MBQS......
The bunk room is redesigned....
Check http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f4...nts-34791.html for details.

Seems to be a folding bunk and J Cubes or a hide a bed. Loft above. Not sure how all that might work. I like the sound of the redesigned storage, but hard to visualize with just the description.

Bath does get a pocket door, which I like the sound of.
48' TV and some other nice upgrades with the 2017 at 2016 prices, but the bunk room changes.....I just don't know.....
Thanks for the heads up on that. I will be meeting with my dealer tomorrow and will clarify everything prior to making the deal. I absolutely do not want J Cubes. A couch with Hide a bed would work. The loft sounds interesting. I'm sure that the dealers will be able to get with a rep and sort things out for me... I have a purchase order in hand...

I'm one the fence regarding the W/D it's one of those things that I know my wife would like to have and that it may make the unit more desireable down the road. I was quoted 1K to add it.. so in the big picture not a lot.

Will have to do some more research....

What is the outside kitchen like?
Old 04-26-2016, 08:47 PM   #10

All are W/D preped, so adding later would not be too hard.
Outside kitchen is small. 2 burner range and a small dorm refer.
Wish it had a sink, but it doesn't.
2017 lists a new outside kitchen, but I'm not sure what changed.

Let me know what the dealer says on the changes. Just wondering.

Can't wait to get ours. I'm told that since it is such a late 2016, I may get some 2017 options. A hybrid if you will.
rsday75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:56 PM   #11

Quote:
All are W/D preped, so adding later would not be too hard.
Outside kitchen is small. 2 burner range and a small dorm refer.
Wish it had a sink, but it doesn't.
2017 lists a new outside kitchen, but I'm not sure what changed.

Let me know what the dealer says on the changes. Just wondering.

Can't wait to get ours. I'm told that since it is such a late 2016, I may get some 2017 options. A hybrid if you will.
Well that link you sent regarding the 2017 changes was rather enlightening. I printed out the new floorplan which I found on a Tampa dealers site showing the revised den and also a copy of the order sheet and 2017 options document from that other thread. I'll meet with my dealer in the morning to go over the options.

I see that autoleveling is now an option. I definitely want that.

Not sure about the Sani-Con Turbo and the Tankless water heater options.

Ahh the fun....
Old 04-27-2016, 11:44 AM   #12

Quote:
Not sure about the Sani-Con Turbo and the Tankless water heater options.
I am not sold on the tankless water heater. Some love them, some hate them. We boondock some, and I hear they don't do as well with a very low flow of water.....With hookups where water use isn't a concern, I hear they are great.

I have no experience with the Sani-Con.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:45 PM   #13

I sat down with my dealer last week and talked about the changes to the 355MBQS for 2017. He showed me some photos of a North Point 377RLBH that gave me an idea how the loft will integrate. Not exact but enough for me to get the idea.

He was also able to verify that Jayco does do the slide toppers at the factory and your price was right on the money. That's actually a great price for four installed toppers with the added benefit of the 2 year warranty.

I went ahead an placed the the order and we are looking at a mid-late july delivery.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:30 PM   #14

Quote:
I went ahead an placed the the order and we are looking at a mid-late july delivery.
Cool.

Hope the new bunkroom layout is good. We liked the 377RLBH, but 4 feet longer and 2500 more lbs made the decision for us.

This one will be hard enough to get into a couple of the sites we like at state parks.

We get our 2016 on 05/14. Can't wait.

During the time you will be getting your new rig, we will be spending 10 days in Destin, FL.

Happy Camping!
Old 06-11-2016, 09:23 AM   #15

I have a 2017 Eagle 355MBQS on order and just got word will be built by the end of next week! So guessing we will all see pics soon of the new layout. Can't wait. I got some conflicting info regarding the slide toppers however. I tried ordering from factory and my rep (and Jayco... I inquired directly as well) both said not available from the factory directly on the 2017 model.
rachburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:09 AM   #16

Rachburger, when did you place your order.

I was in the dealers office when he spoke to the rep about adding the toppers. As far as I know mine is being built with them as it's listed on the order.

Excited to get this.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:44 AM   #17

May 9th I placed order. What dealer did you order from? I would love to have mine done at the factory, as I was quoted over $500 each. I used rvone.com/rvdirect.com and my pickup is in Albany, NY.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:32 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachburger View Post
May 9th I placed order. What dealer did you order from? I would love to have mine done at the factory, as I was quoted over $500 each. I used rvone.com/rvdirect.com and my pickup is in Albany, NY.
i ordered from RVOne, picked up in Orlando on 05/14.

Mine was a 2016, but the sales person had no issue getting them from the factory. $700 for all 4. Wouldn't have a camper that had slideouts without them.

And, since they are from Jayco, they have a 2 year warranty, not one year like if the dealer had installed them.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:39 PM   #19

Yup, can order directly from factory on 2016, but not 2017. New design. Bunk slide a different size as well. That explains it. That's a great price though. Had I ordered the north point 377rlbh it would have been $720 for all 4, so spending $500 each doesn't seem reasonable. I'm waiting on the toppers for this reason.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:10 PM   #20

My 2017 Jayco Eagle 355MBQS is completed and has been released to the shipping company. One step closer to having it! Guessing I'm getting one of the first ones, as I don't hear anyone else saying theirs is built.