Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-30-2015, 01:31 PM   #1

36 fbts tvs

good news and bad news. Our trailer was delivered to the dealer on Friday. We went to look at it saturday morning and the TVs had been stolen. does anybody know what name brand they should be. I think it is a 50 inch in the living room and a 32 inch in the bedroom we know they were there on Friday because the dealer sent me pictures of them. I just can't see what brand they are. And have not checked with the dealer to see what the owners manual say
R&TB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:34 PM   #2

I want to say the 50 inch is a Jansen. The 32 inch in the bedroom is Sanyo.
jayfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:47 PM   #3

Sorry for the bad luck. I'm a bit confused, was it at the dealers lot when they were stolen? If so why isn't the dealer replacing them since the unit was on his property and was it locked?

On another note, did you do your PDI and how did things look?
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:51 PM   #4

Thanks for the response. It upsets me that a trailer that had been on the dealers lot for less than 24 hrs was broken into. I will need to verify with Jayco what was supposed to have been in the trailer. Perhaps checking the " owners manual packet" will give some insight. I dont want the dealer installing whatever they can find. On a sidenote to jayfowler... we arent that far away, near champaighn Il . Might be nice to meet sometime.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:01 PM   #5

R&TB / Jayfowler
We are waitng for our 36fbts (end of April), do either of you mind to give us your impressions of your new units. Any major issues you've seen (other than missing tv's) or does everything look good. The one we looked at in the dealers stock looked awesome as far as quality, fit and finish. Thanks in advance
Old 03-30-2015, 07:01 PM   #6

Ok so if it wasn't even delivered yet it shouldn't be your responsibility to put new tvs in it ..... Second it sounds sort of fishy to me ... They take pictures of the tvs then they disapear .... Maybe someone at the dealership liked them a little too much ....was there damage to the door lock or something else that showed forced entry? A lot of questions that make you wonder.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:04 PM   #7

Yes it was on the dealers lot and they are installing new tvs (and mounting brackets) . I just want to make sure I dont get the tv that was supposed to be there. I understand there are tvs that would be more expensive, just dont to get less than what I am paying for. We didnt relly do the the PDI. We did however do what I think was a pretty thorough access ,because the window does not open but about 4 inches and the screen was still in place. The dealer assures us it will all be taken care of. We hope to take possession on Thursday.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:14 PM   #8

Hi TexasRT. Other than the missing tvs our preliminary inspection just found a couple of scratches and dings on the inside. Nothing major and we dont know if it came that way or if it happened during the robbery. Putting these things aside we are IN LOVE with the trailer. Unfortunately due to a health problem we will not be able to take our first trip until next weekend. I think all will go well. I'll let you know. I dont know who is more anxious me or momma.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:23 PM   #9

R&TB
Thanks for taking the time to respond and I'm sure the dealer will make it right for you. Hope everything gets better soon and works out for you. Good luck on your maiden voyage.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&TB View Post
Thanks for the response. It upsets me that a trailer that had been on the dealers lot for less than 24 hrs was broken into. I will need to verify with Jayco what was supposed to have been in the trailer. Perhaps checking the " owners manual packet" will give some insight. I dont want the dealer installing whatever they can find. On a sidenote to jayfowler... we arent that far away, near champaighn Il . Might be nice to meet sometime.
R&TB - Sounds good. We are out at Carlyle Lake quite a bit. So if you are ever in the neighborhood let me know. Hopefully you get the TVs straightened out. Where did you buy your trailer from?
Old 03-30-2015, 07:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRT View Post
R&TB / Jayfowler
We are waitng for our 36fbts (end of April), do either of you mind to give us your impressions of your new units. Any major issues you've seen (other than missing tv's) or does everything look good. The one we looked at in the dealers stock looked awesome as far as quality, fit and finish. Thanks in advance
TexasRT - We have been out twice and so far no major issues. Tows great. Way better than towing my travel trailer. I had a problem with one of the LED lights on the front cap that came loose during the trip home from the dealer. Also have one night shade that isn't retracting right. Contacted our dealer and both will be taken care of. Other than that we really love it. Having the full bath in the front is awesome. Lots of room for changing clothes. My wife loves all the windows in the kitchen and rear living area.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:11 PM   #12

Jayfowler, sorry I am new to the forum and dont know how to contact you directly. Love Carlyle lake. Been to Eldon Hazlet, dam west. We used to live in Nashville il. My family is from Coffeen il. We are buying from campingworld in Indianapolis. Best price and best salesman. Time will tell the rest.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:22 PM   #13

Jayfowler, Thanks for the info, glad your enjoying the new TT.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:43 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&TB View Post
Jayfowler, sorry I am new to the forum and dont know how to contact you directly. Love Carlyle lake. Been to Eldon Hazlet, dam west. We used to live in Nashville il. My family is from Coffeen il. We are buying from campingworld in Indianapolis. Best price and best salesman. Time will tell the rest.
If you click on my user name you can then select the option to send me a private message. We will be camping next at Hazlet the weekend of 17 April. We will be on site 8.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:06 AM   #15

All of the Manuals for every appliance including the tvs should be in the packet with all the owners manual stuff ... I am not positive but they should have at least brand and size range on the front of the tv manuals
Old 03-31-2015, 05:14 AM   #16

Ours has some off brand in it like infinity or something but it has a great picture and seems to work well. Did they tear the wall mount area up when they took them .... Surprised they didn't just remove them from the wall mounts. Thieves frustrate me, my old camper was broken into once behind where I work and it made me mad. Luckily they didn't damage stuff that was too hard to fix but it did damage to my trust. It's even more ashamed that it happened to you before you even got to take delivery, but hey if the dealer is good it will be fixed and like new again in no time and you can enjoy it for a long time to come ..... Good luck
Old 03-31-2015, 01:59 PM   #17

At least the thieves were considerate enough to remove the screws from the wall mount. As an extra plus they left the screws on the counter. Sounds like everything will come out ok.