Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2018, 06:54 PM   #1

375bhfs

Brand new here and am about to jump into the world of camping with my family. We have spend a lot of time looking at different makes/models and have narrowed it down to the North Point 375BHFS. Does anyone know the difference in this unit with the queen mattress vs. king? Specifically, is the slide out the same width where we could replace a queen with a king down the road or will modifications need to be made.

Thanks for the input.
3835019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3835019 View Post
Brand new here and am about to jump into the world of camping with my family. We have spend a lot of time looking at different makes/models and have narrowed it down to the North Point 375BHFS. Does anyone know the difference in this unit with the queen mattress vs. king? Specifically, is the slide out the same width where we could replace a queen with a king down the road or will modifications need to be made.

Thanks for the input.
On the 377 North Point they remove the nightstand shelves and use a camper king which is 72x80. I think the queen is 60" so I guess the plywood under mattress would need to be wider. I'm sure it can be done. It is a factory option.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:04 AM   #3

I'm not sure about what it would take to convert queen to king, but we decided on queen-sized bed and nightstands. We have a king at home, but we seem to have plenty of room in the 375 with the queen.

I'm sure the base plywood would have to be bigger so that a king mattress wouldn't flop at the edges.

BTW, we love our 375 bhfs. Welcome!
2016 Ford F350 Platinum DRW with 5th wheel prep package, Diesel, 4 x 4
glitelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 03:14 PM   #4

Quote:

Thanks for the input.
We ordered our North Point mainly because every unit on the dealers lot had a king size bed which just about eliminates the night stand on each side, not to say how much space in the bedroom a king takes up. Another reason we ordered is because we wanted the residential fridge, on demand water heater, Sanicon system on and on and on. We were able to get the exact same discount off the MSRP as if we bought a lot model. So much happier that we ordered exactly what we wanted.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:32 PM   #5

We ordered a NP 379 DBFS with a king mattress. The newer 2019 (rumor) may have the nightstands where the 2018 does not. A tape measure is very useful for determining what will fit. Once we get the new RV, we will change out the plywood in the new 379 to allow us to put in a CA king sleep number bed (non-RV).

We modified our 29' jay flight bed base to allow us to put in a standard queen bed instead of the double bed. I only had to change out one piece of plywood (two pieces in the 379).

Keep in mind, this can change the ability to access under bed storage due to weight changes. In our jay flight, one person has to hold up the bed while the other person adds/removes items.
darkcanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:36 PM   #6

Quote:

Thanks for the input.
Happy trailer shopping and welcome to the forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:00 PM   #7

Weight of mattresses can be an issue. I know the Tempurpedic that one of my family members has is way too heavy to put in the RV.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote