Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-17-2017, 06:48 PM   #1

377 Still a good option?

I’ve been looking at the NP 377 since mid 2016. I was very very close to signing on one then. My family and I live almost completely full time in our RV. Right now it is a 324BHTS. With a 10, 5, and 1 yo it’s getting tight. I love the floor plan of the 377. It really is almost perfect for us. With some of the problems some are having, wall crack under slide, brake issues, slide out braces and others do you guys that own them still fill it’s a good choice or in hind sight would you look elsewhere? Btw, we love our jayco, and haven’t found a comparable unit to the 377 in the same price range that has the same fit and finish.
Pipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 07:09 PM   #2

We LOVE our 377! Are there problems...sure! But for us it's been great! I just took mine in for probably the last warranty item (gasket on dinning slide came undone). I tried to fix myself...but the dealership and Jayco wouldn't let me. The only problems we've had in the almost 2 yrs of ownership for warranty repair are: motors on heavy kitchen slide have been replaced; drain for kitchen sink came lose in underbelly and was leaking before going into gray tank; slide motor on bunk room went out; shower door shattered; motor on central vac went out; various USB ports not working. On the PDI we had them replace 1 USB port, move the kitchen island due to dent in fridge & replace fridge door. There was probably more, but in hind site, they weren't anything that I couldn't fix pretty quickly. A bunch of the problems that "we" had with the earlier models have been addressed and fixed (support's for kitchen slide; bigger frame, etc..) I have NO regrets!
Old 12-17-2017, 07:10 PM   #3

Great choice. I’d buy again. While some of us have had some of those issues, most of us have gotten them corrected by our dealer or Jayco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 07:46 PM   #4

Ok, that gives me a little piece of mind. So along with my first question I have 2 more. ‘17 or ‘18 model? I’ve found a few new 17s still floating around. And any recommended dealers? I live in Alabama,but my 324 hasn’t been there but maybe 6 months in the almost 3 years I’ve owned it. My work takes me from ks and west Tx to ga to la. I’m not afraid to travel for great service. I’m just north of Lafayette right now. Dixie in breaux bridge left a bad taste in my mouth, don’t think I will ever darken their door again, and they were giving me great numbers at the time.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:56 PM   #5

My recommendation is to purchase from a dealer that has excellent customer service and is the closest to where you will take it for service , so as to be easiest on you. I would go with a '17 1/2 or later. They have the bigger frame. Plan on taking it to the dealer that you purchased from 2/3 times within the 1st year just for some odd & ends that will need repair. If your handy, most everything after that you will do...(if your like me) because you enjoy a project.

Best of Luck!
Old 12-17-2017, 08:11 PM   #6

I do understand that, and normally that would be the logical thing to do. With the amount I stay in mine and the amount of travel we do, anything short of a major malfunction will probably be handled by me. The dealer I purchased my 324 from had awesome service from the time I walked on the lot until I pulled out with it. Anytime I’ve called needing work done since, they’ve told me they were 6-8 weeks out. And I’d have to drop it off to get it in line. I ended up hauling it over 3 hours from my house to the next closest jayco warranty shop to get a new shower pan, outside light, and respay finish on nose cap
Old 12-17-2017, 08:30 PM   #7

I have a 377 due to come off the line tomorrow, probably will see it by mid Jan with the plant shutdown over the holidays.

I have to admit, I was really, really close to aborting the mission with all the rather major issues I've read about here on this forum.

But, in the end, there wasn't another make or model I could steer myself towards, the positives of the 377 outweighed the (potential) negatives. As I've referred to them before, some OG 377 owners here still give the thumbs up, even though it's been their problems I've been reading about all these months!

Regarding 2018 or earlier, as I'm sure you know, there were a TON of redesigns for 2018, a lot of them aesthetic, but some functional, too. If you're ok with the older decor and exterior graphics, 2017.5 is the oldest to look at...

Good luck.
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:35 PM   #8

And brake issues I think were solved when they started using the Dexter axles, so look for them. Verdict is still out if the under slide cracking has been eliminated. 2017.5 models still have the issue, even after the factory approved repair process, so there's not a lot of reasons why a 2018 wouldn't be exposed to same issue. Jayco confirmed to me that they have not significantly changed the bedroom framing in any way to combat this as they feel the failure rate is insignificant (but well known to a bunch of us, hmmm).

I was surprised to see they're still using the Schwintek mechanisms on all the slides, even on the kitchen super slide, as the rep at the Hershey show said they went to cable for 2018. Nope. And a known issue, too.
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:26 PM   #9

I do understand that, and normally that would be the logical thing to do. With the amount I stay in mine and the amount of travel we do, anything short of a major malfunction will probably be handled by me. The dealer I purchased my 324 from had awesome service from the time I walked on the lot until I pulled out with it. Anytime I’ve called needing work done since, they’ve told me they were 6-8 weeks out. And I’d have to drop it off to get it in line. I ended up hauling it over 3 hours from my house to the next closest jayco warranty shop to get a new shower pan, outside light, and respay finish on nose cap