Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-24-2018, 01:29 PM   #1

377rlbh and State Parks

We are considering moving up from a 28bhbe to a 377rlbh. About half of our camping is at music festivals and resorts where the size will be of no issue. The other half of the time we are at Texas state parks where I am concerned that we will be very limited. I have been paying attention to site length at some of our favorite parks, and most will take the length if I park the truck somewhere else.

The part I am unsure about is the levelness. I’ve never had an auto leveling 5th wheel. Will it take up a decent amount of grade change over 40’? I know with my 33’ travel trailer, I’ve had to put the tongue nearly on the ground or up on several large blocks before. Also, is the door close enough to the middle to not cause any problems?

Would love to hear from others who have this or a similar rig and venture beyond the resort campgrounds.
Jace817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:35 PM   #2

We've camped at many TX SP without issue in our 377. I love the self leveling and have only had a problem when I let it go out of stroke. You'll be fine. I started with the BHBE and moved up to the 377 as well. No regrets!
Old 03-24-2018, 03:35 PM   #3

We camp in state parks mostly. Some parks are easier than others but we’ve always been able to find a spot with ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:54 PM   #4

For out of level spaces you will need some blocks. Type is up to you but you will need blocks for the wheels on the low side and then blocks for the jacks on the low side.

The jacks themselves can handle a bit of it, but, not something like a foot or so. Sometimes you just have to pass on a site due to various issues and being level enough is one of them.

One CG we went into years ago was on a slope. A larger MH was in there and had almost 2 FEET of blocks under his front jacks. It looked scary to me. I did not ask him how he got it up that high

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote