Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-03-2019, 09:24 PM   #1

377rlbh mysteries

Hello everyone! My wife and and are the proud new owners of a lightly used 2019 377RLBH. I’ve been lurking for sometime and now it’s time to take the plunge! A few questions:
Firstly, what is this gray valve

http://https://www.dropbox.com/s/cy2kh4j2maguao7/IMG_0402.jpg?dl=0

Secondly, I can’t turn the inverter off. Both at the remote panel and on the inverter itself. I wanted to turn the inverter off to remove power from the refrigerator during storage and during those times when I got to check on the coach. I don’t need to have it on during those times. Yes, I found the the process to turn the fridge off. Now it just bugs me.

https://https://www.dropbox.com/s/4va5hswj0aq29ee/IMG_0403.MOV?dl=0

And last but not least, my WiFi. It worked and I saw the lights in the router blink and do their router things the other day. I was able to logon to the WiFi and link OneControl but subsequent to that- nada

https://https://www.dropbox.com/s/6pk1fnn586hnv7v/IMG_0404.MOV?dl=0

Any ideas or answers would be great!!
Thanks in advance!
Paul.
Pchansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 10:16 PM   #2

One gray valve for bath and one for kitchen. I've never turned my inverter off, but I leave mine plugged in year round.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:00 AM   #3

Thanks for the quick reply. I’m sorry but I’m still confused about the gray gate valve. I have the gray and black valves at the docking station, I also have the Sanicon valve adjacent to the 3” sewer connection. Is the smaller lone gray valve there to open up the second gray water tank into the sewer line? - from the bath or kitchen as you say?
Old 11-04-2019, 09:15 AM   #4

The valves in the control panel are black (toilet) and gray (shower/bathroom sink/washer)

The gray you are pointing to is the kitchen sink basically. (separate gray tank)

The valve at the sanicon connection is to allow flow to it if you are going to use it. Otherwise it would stay closed. If you use the sanicon make sure you close the valve where you would normally connect your standard dump hose.
2018 North Point 377RLBH, Roadmaster Comfort Ride, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Flexair 21k Pinbox, Victron MultiPlus II 2x120v 12v, power distribution, solar controller, smart shunt, 1000w of solar panels, 4 Lifepo4 200ah batteries
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC DRW LB 6.7, Air Lift 7500XL with Air Lift dual channel wireless
bill3kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 01:04 PM   #5

Perfect! That’s what I thought. Thanks again for the help! Any idea on the WiFi?
Old 11-04-2019, 01:09 PM   #6

On the Wifi if you are on a local network (campground or something else) usually that will connect first. You may need to change your phone to connect to the RV WiFi. Other than that, not sure. I've never had any issue connecting and staying connected to the MyRV...... once on it.
2018 North Point 377RLBH, Roadmaster Comfort Ride, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Flexair 21k Pinbox, Victron MultiPlus II 2x120v 12v, power distribution, solar controller, smart shunt, 1000w of solar panels, 4 Lifepo4 200ah batteries
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC DRW LB 6.7, Air Lift 7500XL with Air Lift dual channel wireless
Old 11-04-2019, 01:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill3kirk View Post
On the Wifi if you are on a local network (campground or something else) usually that will connect first. You may need to change your phone to connect to the RV WiFi. Other than that, not sure. I've never had any issue connecting and staying connected to the MyRV...... once on it.
My issue seems to be a lack of power to the router. I got it to work once while provisioning the coach and was able to link the app and control all of the amenities. Now, the router is dark. No lights, nothing to connect to. So I’m wondering if it’s 110v only. The last couple of times I’ve been out to visit it, we haven’t had shore power available. I was hoping it was on the inverter circuit.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:19 PM   #8

Sorry, I'm in the dark on that one. No inverter. Have a Norcold frig. Didn't want the residential.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:32 PM   #9

377rlbh mysteries

Different trailer, but some similar components.

Inverter. If plugged into shore power it’ll be on. You can’t turn it off. If on batts only, you can turn it off at the main controller if the remote controller is off(button out). If the remote controller has the button depressed, you’ve told the system you want to control it from that controller and you won’t be able to shut it off at the main. So, on batteries only, button out on the remote controller, and then you should be able to turn it off at the main controller. As soon as you plug into shore powers it’ll come on automatically.

The valve. On my unit, I have the two grey and one black in the utility center. Additionally, I have a gate valve at the end of the sewer line and also a valve near my poo grinder. That one opens and closes to allow grey water into the grinder. Maybe that’s what the odd grey handle is.

The router should work on 12v. I know this because I use my phone to check battery voltage in the app while driving. Works when I’ve had the inverter off.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 03:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
The router should work on 12v. I know this because I use my phone to check battery voltage in the app while driving. Works when I’ve had the inverter off.
Cool idea, never thought of using it that way.

However, it begs the question, what do you do if you see the voltage has dropped too low? Rush to the nearest 50amp outlet? Or maybe you have a genset.

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 03:40 PM   #11

Hmm. More investigation is required. Hopefully it’s something simple.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmiler View Post
Cool idea, never thought of using it that way.

However, it begs the question, what do you do if you see the voltage has dropped too low? Rush to the nearest 50amp outlet? Or maybe you have a genset.

I don’t have an onboard genset. At the time I had questionable batteries, and with the res fridge I’d keep an eye on it. More of just a curiosity thing. That’s obviously with the inverter on. I’d also used it without the inverter running from my storage area to the house just be sure the truck was charging the batteries.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:55 PM   #13

Another question: the manual says not to store the coach with the jacks down and the leveled. I was hoping to park our coach out on our property and “set it and forget it” until it’s time to move. What’s the logic behind thi?. If it’s just a worm drive the. I can’t see the harm. Per the other threads, these units typically fail during raising and lowering the jacks due to wear and tear. The only issue I can see is if one froze in place. But I would think that would be highly unlikely.
Old 11-05-2019, 01:01 PM   #14

We camp host in Colorado every summer. The unit is stationary and level from May thru mid September. Never an issue. Other times of the year we go places and stay a month or two. When its home, I don't typically level it.
Old 11-05-2019, 01:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill3kirk View Post
We camp host in Colorado every summer. The unit is stationary and level from May thru mid September. Never an issue. Other times of the year we go places and stay a month or two. When its home, I don't typically level it.
Yeah, it didn’t make any sense to be constantly leveling and retracting the jacks every weekend. I think they will stay down for the summer and retracted for the winter.
Old 11-05-2019, 02:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pchansen View Post
Another question: the manual says not to store the coach with the jacks down and the leveled. I was hoping to park our coach out on our property and “set it and forget it” until it’s time to move. What’s the logic behind thi?. If it’s just a worm drive the. I can’t see the harm. Per the other threads, these units typically fail during raising and lowering the jacks due to wear and tear. The only issue I can see is if one froze in place. But I would think that would be highly unlikely.
I store mine at my house and level it every time I get home and unhook from the truck. Been doing that ever since I brought it home Dec of 2016.

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:27 PM   #17

Update on the WiFi. I found that the jumper (power cable) from the box that has the password printed on it to the router has a break in the continuity on the negative wire. I can get continuity on the positive pole but not the negative. I order a new male to male power cable from Amazon. We’ll see what happens.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:17 PM   #18

You can also connect to tow unit, that’ll charge batteries as well...
jnpj6279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:06 AM   #19

I’ve never heard of not leaving your unit leveled for the winter. What would be the disadvantage in that?
K Holbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:42 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Holbrook View Post
I’ve never heard of not leaving your unit leveled for the winter. What would be the disadvantage in that?
I agree except that the owners manual specifically states that you are not supposed to store the coach with the auto level system engaged (6 point jack system down). No explanation as to why this is a supposedly not a good idea.

Edit: I reread the section in the owners manual in the storage section and it states the coach is not to be stored with the stabilizers down. Could this be referring to scissor jacks and not the auto level system since the manual is very general and covers systems and features that may not be included in your specific coach?