Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-04-2020, 04:29 PM   #1

377RLBH Nose Compartment Latches

Reaching out to the forum because my rig is at the storage lot. Would like to swap the center latch on my nose compartment to a latch with a lock. Anyone know the dimensions of that latch? Rig is a 2020 North Point 377RLBH.
poneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 05:38 PM   #2

I switched all my small locks on our rig. I really didn't like EVERYONE having a key to my storage compartments. The locks are readily available at any RV store.
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 08:58 PM   #3

I switched all my locks to RV Locks. Keyless on the door, and replacement slam matches on most other hatches. The front and two propane door I used cam locks. I reversed what you want, I put a lock on each side and a twist lock in the center. This way when I’m around I leave the locks unlocked and just twist the center to keep it shut. When I leave I lock the two sides.

Tow Rig: 2015 Ford F-450 Platinum, airbags, B&W Companion hitch for factory puck system.
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:40 PM   #4

If your trailer has Bauer locks go to their website. It tells you how to measure for replacements but, better yet, you can order the cam locks direct from them and get them keyed to match all your other compartment locks. Just specify the key number (stamped on the shank of the key's metal part) and save yourself carrying an additional key. If you're like me you've got plenty of keys to carry and track without adding another. I added 2 of these locks to the front compartment door (both of the outside locks) and feel better about the security situation already. I would never add them to the propane compartment doors as those hold hazardous and flammable materials and quick access could possibly be required (hopefully not but one never knows).

weezer (retired - yippeeee - engineer)
Wife (Lisa) and 3 great dogs!!!
2018 Ford F350 Lariat diesel 4X4 DRW CC LB with all options and air overloads
2018 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS - loaded with options
Ford (Reese) puck mounted 18k hitch
weezer is offline   Reply With Quote