Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-22-2017, 10:30 AM   #1

377RLBH Options Comments

Searched and didn't find any recent thread on this topic, concerning 2018 model.

Thoughts and feedback from owners of the following options:

Tankless water heater. We're a family of three, and I like a nice long shower, but don't like surprise "cold shots" when someone turns on another faucet and the pressure drops. How is it performing on the 377? I assume it can also work fine off the fresh water tank when not connected to city water?

Slide out toppers. Most of our use will be in a wooded seasonal spot. Was thinking toppers would be good idea to keep debris off the slides, but I hear annual slide seal maintenance becomes a huge headache with slide toppers?

Sani-con waste system. What is it?

Exterior grill. Is this the swing arm, too, or just the grill itself (which I am sure I can buy cheaper online)?

Second 11' awning. I see this option on a lot of listed models for sale. Assuming worth the money as no such thing as too much shade?

Factory Furrion back up camera. How does it display in the TV cab? I have an aftermarket Pioneer headunit in my TV with AV input, would it connect to that?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Todd
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:49 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmiler View Post
Searched and didn't find any recent thread on this topic, concerning 2018 model.

Thoughts and feedback from owners of the following options:

Tankless water heater. We're a family of three, and I like a nice long shower, but don't like surprise "cold shots" when someone turns on another faucet and the pressure drops. How is it performing on the 377? I assume it can also work fine off the fresh water tank when not connected to city water?

Slide out toppers. Most of our use will be in a wooded seasonal spot. Was thinking toppers would be good idea to keep debris off the slides, but I hear annual slide seal maintenance becomes a huge headache with slide toppers?

Exterior grill. Is this the swing arm, too, or just the grill itself (which I am sure I can buy cheaper online)?

Second 11' awning. I see this option on a lot of listed models for sale. Assuming worth the money as no such thing as too much shade?

Factory Furrion back up camera. How does it display in the TV cab? I have an aftermarket Pioneer headunit in my TV with AV input, would it connect to that?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Todd
We have an '18 377RLBH

- we didn't at the recommendation of our dealer, since it would increase water usage over a standard and we wanted to be water conserve as we had limited capacity and tend to wash a lot of bottles / cups for our young daughter. Retrospect probably should have.

- get them... we have a lot of trees near our seasonal site and they are already proofing their value

- this is more for non-seasonal sites, but we bought it since I had carrying a sewer hose. It's a macerator system used to empty your grey/black tanks good videos on YouTube of how to use this.

-besides the regular onboard cooktop the exterior grill is a swing arm bumper mount.

- another yes, we love the extra shade space for our daughter to play.

- it's a wireless transmitting camera to a monitor mounted in the cab. There is a 12v plug in the bedroom where you can bring the monitor indoors if you want to. Personally I did GM's wireless camera on my truck and it works great on my factory screen.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
enmity02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:34 PM   #3

I can help with two of your questions.
We LOVE our tankless water heater. We do not boondock and so love the ability to take a shower without having to turn off the water so you don't run out. Our heater cost us $350 extra but well worth it. We have had it for 2 years now and have gone thru 30lbs of LP each year and that includes our grilling (nightly) and oven use.

The optional awning really helps with shade and rain. you'll only have about 2 feet of gap between the 2 awnings. Go for that for sure!
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:54 PM   #4

The only 2 options I can help out on is the extra awning...get it! Comes in handy for extra shade.

The slide toppers I do not have...and wish every time that we have gone camping that I did!
Old 09-22-2017, 05:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoneys View Post
I can help with two of your questions.
We LOVE our tankless water heater. We do not boondock and so love the ability to take a shower without having to turn off the water so you don't run out. Our heater cost us $350 extra but well worth it. We have had it for 2 years now and have gone thru 30lbs of LP each year and that includes our grilling (nightly) and oven use.

The optional awning really helps with shade and rain. you'll only have about 2 feet of gap between the 2 awnings. Go for that for sure!
So the tankless on yours has been great, awesome. I didn't realize it used propane to heat but I guess that makes sense. Electric wouldn't have the power to heat up fast enough. Good to know propane lasts either way.

Can you use it off the fresh water tank?
Old 09-22-2017, 05:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by enmity02 View Post
We have an '18 377RLBH

- we didn't at the recommendation of our dealer, since it would increase water usage over a standard and we wanted to be water conserve as we had limited capacity and tend to wash a lot of bottles / cups for our young daughter. Retrospect probably should have.

- get them... we have a lot of trees near our seasonal site and they are already proofing their value

- this is more for non-seasonal sites, but we bought it since I had carrying a sewer hose. It's a macerator system used to empty your grey/black tanks good videos on YouTube of how to use this.

-besides the regular onboard cooktop the exterior grill is a swing arm bumper mount.

- another yes, we love the extra shade space for our daughter to play.

- it's a wireless transmitting camera to a monitor mounted in the cab. There is a 12v plug in the bedroom where you can bring the monitor indoors if you want to. Personally I did GM's wireless camera on my truck and it works great on my factory screen.

Ok, so I should look into if I can broadcast to my existing in dash monitor, otherwise it sounds like I have to set up a separate monitor each time I want to back up.

I looked up sani-con on YouTube. Yeah, I don't need that. Thanks for the tip.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:22 PM   #7

Besides king bed, what other options should I look at that I did not list? Luxury package will most likely be bundled in, never seen one without it. I like the cashmere upholstery package.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:12 PM   #8

We have king bed but we bought the one the dealer found us and it came that way but I'd rather have queen cause you have more room to get around bed and it has small nitestands
Pappyt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:26 PM   #9

Quote:
So the tankless on yours has been great, awesome. I didn't realize it used propane to heat but I guess that makes sense. Electric wouldn't have the power to heat up fast enough. Good to know propane lasts either way.

Can you use it off the fresh water tank?
Yes it works off the fresh tank or city hook up. You don't have the option of electric with the tankless.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:57 PM   #10

An FYI if you choose a king, it's an RV king we did find that we did have enough room to fit a residential king but just barely. There will be very little room to walk around the bed but for us it was worth it to have the extra space much better night sleep than on a queen.

enmity02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:19 PM   #11

We have this and I really like it. Only problem is that the antenna was too far away from truck when running down the road to get a good picture so I had to move the antenna to the front of the RV.
Attached Thumbnails
20160417_134104.jpg  
Old 09-24-2017, 03:41 AM   #12

The camera system comes with a separate monitor that you use in the cab. The picture is good, but I have had some times when it does lose signal to the camera, mostly because how long the trailer is. The cool thing is you can also plug the monitor in on the bedroom dresser as there is a 12v plug that states it is for use with the camera system. I also have tankless water and slide toppers and we are very happy with them. I passed on the sani-con system, once I found out it had a motor and some mechanism to chew up the waster, I did not want to deal with something getting jammed up in the system that I would have to clean. I just stuck with the tried and proven way for the waste tanks.

2017 NorthPoint 377RLBH
2017 F350 FX4 DRW 6.7 PSD
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGW...jCx2yKWbNHxFpQ
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:13 AM   #13

Here is a picture of our monitor.
Attached Thumbnails
188.jpg  
Old 09-24-2017, 07:35 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoneys View Post
Here is a picture of our monitor.
Thanks for showing that. Is that a suction cup mount?

Why is there an option to mount it in the bedroom? As a security camera or something?
Old 09-24-2017, 01:48 PM   #15

Yes it is a suction cup but I have a heck of a time getting it to stay for the cord is a tight coil and pulls it off the window. I also severely dislike anything up on the dash obstructing my view of the road. I have both my GPS and the backup camera down on the council.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Thanks for showing that. Is that a suction cup mount?

Why is there an option to mount it in the bedroom? As a security camera or something?
That's the old camera. They switched to the Furrion one.

https://www.furrion.com/store/camera...tem-p-915.html

I have it with my 33' TT and Long Bed Quad Cab pickup. Works pretty well.
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:39 AM   #17
CTP

We full time, We use a 10 gal water heater with a fam of 5. Works great on electric and I turn gas on for high volume use.

We deleted the slide awnings. In my eyes it's one more thing to break or maintain. We get heavy rain and winds here in S. Miss.
Id rather climb up and clean the slides off if needed, then you can keep tabs on condition of slide top and seals.

I passed on the tailgate grill. I have my own charcoal.

I passed on tailgate TV, we don't watch that much, we already have 4 inside and it's extra $$.

We have the sanicon, totally with it. Easy, clean and fast.
We have a queen and it's perfect.

We deleted our mid bunk pull out.

2 AC's at least.

2nd awning as well. Worth it

No back up camera. I'd rather have eyes on it.

Our '18 is great, we very happy with it and full timing in it is awesome, to say the least.

Hope that helps.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:14 AM   #18

Wow, you full time with a family of 5 in the 377? That's awesome. Are you home schooling the kids? What are some of the highlights from your time on the road?

Sanicon system doesn't seem like it would work well with seasonal, where we just hard plumb our black and gray tanks to the sewer.

At 6'5", I want as much bed as possible!

I agree about the outside TV, it's camping time, enjoy the outdoors.

What do you mean about deleting the mid bunk pull out? Where do kids sleep? What's there instead?
Old 10-01-2017, 12:47 PM   #19
CTP

We full time permanently here in Southern Miss.

Not on the road yet.

We removed the fold out loveseat and put a teddy mattress from the loft down in its place.
It's a little long but works for our 5 year old.
I'm playing with the idea to lower the top bunk so it's less dangerous ( high ) and we'll put 2 kids ( 5 & 2 )in the bunk room. Our 7 y.o sleeps in the loft.