Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-07-2018, 09:20 PM   #1

377rlbh Sanicon

Does the factory sanicon empty all three tanks (two grays and the black) on the 2018/2019 377rlbh?
Jace817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:22 PM   #2

I have 3 grays and 1 black on my Eagle HT and it empties all with the exception of the rear tank for my outdoor kitchen sink.
2014 Feather Ultra Lite X23B (sold)
IceOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace817 View Post
Does the factory sanicon empty all three tanks (two grays and the black) on the 2018/2019 377rlbh?
The 2018 377RLBH only has one outlet and all 3 tanks empty from that outlet. Each tank has a valve 2 in the utility hook up cabinet 1 which is the black and 1 gray water from the bath. The other valve is under the mid bunk slide for the kitchen gray water. Long story short the Sani-con is on this 1 outlet so yes all 3 tanks can be emptied with the Sani-con or use the normal drain. You can empty it manually as normal or use the Sani-con.

I hearing the 2019 the Sani-con is not available I'm hearing it wasn't a big seller. Maybe others can offer some insight on the 2019.
Mont Belvieu, TX
T&M_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:48 AM   #4

Thanks for the info. Great news.

For what it is worth, they were saying that if I order now, it’ll be a 2019 and the sanicon was on the order sheet as an option.
Jace817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:29 AM   #5

Follow up question...

Hi,

Just joined forum and appreciate this post. We just picked up our 2018 Northpoint 375BHFS and in the demo they said the sanicon was only going to work on the front two tanks (gray and black) despite the unit having 5 tanks total (3 gray 2 black) with 2 grays and a black in the back that won’t work with the sanicon. Does anyone know if they are wrong at the demo and if they are plummed at the factory this way or if they are somehow plummed to all work with sanicon?

It doesn’t make sense to have a permanent sanicon with 5 tanks to just drain 2 and we assumed that all tanks would work with the sanicon from the factory as an expensive option.

Michael - Omajine RV
OmajineRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:03 PM   #6

I'm sure the 2018 375 is going to be the same as my 2017 375, but, yes, the Sanicon only works with the front 2 tanks which are the black tank for the front bathroom toilet and the Grey tank for the front bathroom shower and vanity. The kitchen sink, rear bath vanity areally in one grey tank on the rear outlet, the outdoor kitchen is on its own 10 gal grey tank that also dumps out of the rear outlet and the rear bath toilet is on its own grey tank that dumps out the rear outlet.
I've never used my Sanicon. I don't really know why one would want one installed other than if you had the washer/dryer combo installed, the wash water would drain into the front grey tank. When that gets full, if you had to drain it into a "honey wagon" that is higher than ground level, say in the back bed of your truck, then the Sanicon would act like a pump to pump the waste water up above the level of the Grey tanks. That's the only thing I can think of.
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
I'm sure the 2018 375 is going to be the same as my 2017 375, but, yes, the Sanicon only works with the front 2 tanks which are the black tank for the front bathroom toilet and the Grey tank for the front bathroom shower and vanity. The kitchen sink, rear bath vanity areally in one grey tank on the rear outlet, the outdoor kitchen is on its own 10 gal grey tank that also dumps out of the rear outlet and the rear bath toilet is on its own grey tank that dumps out the rear outlet.
I've never used my Sanicon. I don't really know why one would want one installed other than if you had the washer/dryer combo installed, the wash water would drain into the front grey tank. When that gets full, if you had to drain it into a "honey wagon" that is higher than ground level, say in the back bed of your truck, then the Sanicon would act like a pump to pump the waste water up above the level of the Grey tanks. That's the only thing I can think of.
I have not had much use for a macerator but it was nice to have it when I needed it. One campground, each site had an above ground tank to "drain" into. Then the campground pumped out the tanks. We all know that S@*t flows downhill. I didn't have the pump on this trip. It wasn't fun. Three or four other occasions the drain was too high. K also use it at home to pump out. This was my old trailer. The Sanicon is on my North Point currently being built.
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
I agree.. will mostly gravity drain too but is there a way to connect with slinky hose to the front and pump with the front drains closed or would the vacuum collapse the hose? Just think it isn’t smart to only be able to use it on some of the tanks and to say yup... the rv has sanicon just to say it has something that is partially useful when you need to pump up hill.
OmajineRV is offline   Reply With Quote