Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2015, 07:45 PM   #51

Yea Grumpy, I noticed that spec changed too. Initially Jayco added it as an (customer paid) option. Now it has become mandatory... good cal Jayco! Curious what they will do with the 2016s sitting on the lot?

Grawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:57 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grawe View Post
Yea Grumpy, I noticed that spec changed too. Initially Jayco added it as an (customer paid) option. Now it has become mandatory... good cal Jayco! Curious what they will do with the 2016s sitting on the lot?
What I don't understand with many of their units and with other manuf. as well, why the "Mandatory option"? Just put it in the base specs and price.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:44 PM   #53

Graw we could use some info as to the rep that you used on getting the 3rd ac installed. We have the early 2016 fsla and even tho now they have changed the specs for the third ac we are still having trouble getting them to do it. Any help you can give will be appreciated. It's a shame you buy a 90thousand msrp unit and gotta have these kind of issues. Thanks
pgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 04:11 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgraves View Post
Graw we could use some info as to the rep that you used on getting the 3rd ac installed. We have the early 2016 fsla and even tho now they have changed the specs for the third ac we are still having trouble getting them to do it. Any help you can give will be appreciated. It's a shame you buy a 90thousand msrp unit and gotta have these kind of issues. Thanks
Part of the problem is two fold. It wasn't figured in the cost when you bought the unit and it is now(the mandatory option). Secondly the roof is not framed or wired for the 3rd unit so it could cause issues down the road after the warranty runs out.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:56 PM   #55

Pgraves, get what help you can from your dealer first but then you will lilkley have to contact Jayco directly. Call the customer service line and expect 3-5 days for someone to finally call you. When they do, ensure the rep you are talking to has the authority to authorize the install (parts and labor). Push hard on te Jayco advertisenent bragging about temp control and the fact they are selling a floorppan that they cannot regulate. Grumpy also brings up some good issues. While I believe the roof construction on the Pinnacle is strong enough for the third AC, there is no wiring plan so ensure you take it to someone that you trust can do a custom install. Mine is direct wired to an independent fuse box and dropped to a separate 30 Amp plug. I have received several private messages about this post. Feel free to share your progress and ask additional questions on this feed. GRAWE
Old 09-22-2015, 06:09 PM   #56

Grawe, can you post a pic or two of the new ac?
Old 09-22-2015, 08:51 PM   #57

Sure, it's dark and raining here in Colorado but I will take some tomorrow. The third unit is mounted in the kitchen fan opening, just in front of the kitchen light fixture. It is not wired to the thermostat or plumbed into the duct work. It is remove control with built in temp controls/speeds and dumps in between the living room and kitchen.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:42 AM   #58

We would like to see the pics also. I understand about the money situation on the msrp and such but with the advertising that they have pushed with the temp was one of the reasons we went ahead with the new pinnacle. Getting anything out of our dealer other than screwed around some more is out of the ?. They didn't even get the pree inspection done with us. Just checking stuff off and out the door. I have talked to Randy I believe it was there in service at Jerry's rvs about how your ac was installed and they have said they would do ours upon approval. My wife talks to Larry at jayco about all our issues and they have always been good about doing our work while we are on the road. Larry is going to call Richard tomorrow and we will see where we are at then. They also put the wrong awning on our rv so you can't open the main door with the awning out. We appreciate all the advice as to helping us along the way. Patrick
Old 09-30-2015, 11:08 PM   #59

In my opinion, I think these Coleman low profile AC units are just crap. 4 months ago my fan broke off from its hinges on the front unit. It was replaced free of charge. Just recently the whole front AC unit was replaced because the lines kept freezing up. Something was wrong with the sensor supposedly. So the unit was replaced. And yesterday, the back unit fan broke off. The repair man said they have been having this issue lately with the Coleman AC units. Im a bit disappointed. But, the problem is easily fixed, just takes a bit of time and patience.
Christo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:35 AM   #60

Update on our fsla failed cooling.

My first is a compliment to Randy and his staff at Jerry's campers in Abilene TX. We just dropped our fsla pinnacle off to them and they will have our third ac installed this week. Jayco is only wanting to pay a partial bill on this but Randy has said he is going to push getting full amount. Jayco is trying to say we fell into a slot period where it is not covered. Anything they can say to try and not pay. Our 2016 was o e of the first to come off the lot and we got all the bugs lol. Our awning was mounted wrong and Randy has pushed Larry at jayco to fix it so it will be mounted in correct spot and the body shop will have the side fixed. We are full time in ours and Randy has went above and beyond to get us fixed up in less than a week. Also did I mention we bad a tire bubble up on the way down from Illinois. God bless me with finding it before the blow out. So we will be replacing our tires with the marathon. We wanted the 14 ply but of course got the wheels that aren't rated for the tire pressure. Yes this is long but if you do have anyone looking for a new camper send them to Jerry campers in Abilene. You will not regret it. Tell them Patrick sent you. And grawe they said hello. Thanks Patrick