Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2021, 08:27 AM   #1

38 FLWS Pinnacle where do I connect the cable for the cable tv?

I know this may seem simple to some but the answer is elusive to me. I just purchased 100ft of coax cable and I want to hook my 38FLWS Pinnacle to the cable tv offered by the campground here in Boothbay ME. Where do you hook the cable to on my camper? Is there an outside connection or do I have to run it through a window and hook to a junction box or direct to the TV?
CraigBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 08:30 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigBU View Post
I know this may seem simple to some but the answer is elusive to me. I just purchased 100ft of coax cable and I want to hook my 38FLWS Pinnacle to the cable tv offered by the campground here in Boothbay ME. Where do you hook the cable to on my camper? Is there an outside connection or do I have to run it through a window and hook to a junction box or direct to the TV?
Should be in the Utility Center.. Be sure to turn the Ant Amp off.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:39 AM   #3

Grumpy, Many thanks for your quick reply. I am new to this therefore I am not sure what the utility center is. Are you refering to one of the exterior compartments? If so which compartment is the utility center. Thanks again for the reminder about shutting off the antenna booster. I would have forgotten to do that.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigBU View Post
Grumpy, Many thanks for your quick reply. I am new to this therefore I am not sure what the utility center is. Are you refering to one of the exterior compartments? If so which compartment is the utility center. Thanks again for the reminder about shutting off the antenna booster. I would have forgotten to do that.
Where you connect the water hose and where the water manifold is. Should be in that general area.
Old 09-29-2021, 09:21 AM   #5

grumpy, as always your answer was quick and accurate. Just as you said the connection is in the compartment with the water hookup and prominently located under the "cable/TV Satellite" placard. Now to find the antenna booster switch. It is not located on the antenna directional control and the manual does not show the location. On a secondary note, is the reception over campground cable generally grainy and not very clear?
Old 09-29-2021, 09:48 AM   #6

Probably in the cabinet to the right/left of the TV. If the amp is on that makes for a bad pic A loose connection will too.
Old 09-29-2021, 10:13 AM   #7

Grumpy, you are the man! It was exactly like you said. In the compartment to the left of the tv, I noticed a coaxial cable that could be plugged into a Aux or TV/cable jack and an illuminated green light next to the jacks. I left the cable plugged into TV/cable jack and pushed the button to turn off the light and the picture immediately cleared up. Thank you for not pointing and laughing and replying quickly.