Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Where we Park It"
Posts: 1,070
We are still looking to install the 4 Poiint Reico Titan Leveling System and leave the current rear stablizers in place

We had a few unexpected expensis that will delay buying the Reico Titan System until after the first of the year.
__________________

__________________
Robert & Bale the "Traveling Dog"
SOB
2012 GMC 3500HD DRW
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:12 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
drfife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Fla View Post
We are still looking to install the 4 Poiint Reico Titan Leveling System and leave the current rear stablizers in place

We had a few unexpected expensis that will delay buying the Reico Titan System until after the first of the year.
If you can $wing it, look at the Bigfoot automatic leveling system.
__________________

__________________
Russell
'13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
'12 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS; '01 Sunnybrook Lite 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah
Previous TV's: '02 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1 4.10; '99 Chevy Express 1500 5.7
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
MikeNChelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 607
I took our fiver to the dealer for repairs and asked about the leveling systems and he told me I would void my warranty as it's not made to have things added to the frame. If jayco doesn't do it at the factory, it's not covered... I guess I'll wait for 1.5 years then do it.
__________________

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2014 Ford F-350 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Larry G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Reno (home base) Winter Eloy, AZ
Posts: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNChelle View Post
I took our fiver to the dealer for repairs and asked about the leveling systems and he told me I would void my warranty as it's not made to have things added to the frame. If jayco doesn't do it at the factory, it's not covered... I guess I'll wait for 1.5 years then do it.
Maybe contact Jayco and possibly take it there if they will install.

You aren't that far away.
__________________

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:47 PM   #25
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seward
Posts: 4
Congrats Dan350! We just ordered the same camper. We live in Lincoln...hope we can run into you camping sometime.
__________________
Bernie, Jodi and Nika the "Rescue German Shepard" :Beerchug:
2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351MKTS
Mor Ryde Pin Box / Husky 16K W Hitch
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CC DMAX 4x4
kupper24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Papillion, Ne
Posts: 17
Thanks kupper24, we're sure you'll like yours as much as we do ours! We'll be around this summer, Mahoney, Lake of the Ozarks, Yankton SD planned so far & checking into others! Can't wait for Spring.
__________________
2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351MKTS
2012 Ford F-350 SRW 4WD CC Diesel SB
Papillion,NE.
Dan350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #27
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: southwest pa.
Posts: 50
the electric jack specs I see from reico titan is a max of 5,000 lbs. each ,with one of theese just behind the rear axle that possibly could weigh 7,000 lbs. I wonder what there response to this is . I know some of the weight may remain on the springs when leveling on fairly level sites but if you attempted to lift one side off the ground to change a tire or on fairly unlevel site that jack would be lifting the axle weight on one side which would exceed 5,000 lbs. unless there are heavier jacks available I didn't see and I think the atwood system is similar.
i would like to install one of theese systems but last time I weighed my 2010 designer the axles were around 13,000 lbs. loaded for a cross crountry trip.
Haul n it all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Where we Park It"
Posts: 1,070
I just ordered the Lippert Ground Control System (Formally Reico Titan Ground Control) for our Pinnacle.

Our axle weight is about 12,000 lbs also, only difference is the axle weight was measured when our Pinnacle was connected to our truck.
Moving the front support weight back to the front Landing Gear instead of the pin will lower the axle weight some, I have never weighed the axles when the front is sitting on the landing gear.

Guess I will see how much power those 5,000 lb Ground Control jacks really have.
__________________
Robert & Bale the "Traveling Dog"
SOB
2012 GMC 3500HD DRW
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Burson, CA In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mts.
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haul n it all View Post
the electric jack specs I see from reico titan is a max of 5,000 lbs. each ,with one of theese just behind the rear axle that possibly could weigh 7,000 lbs. I wonder what there response to this is . I know some of the weight may remain on the springs when leveling on fairly level sites but if you attempted to lift one side off the ground to change a tire or on fairly unlevel site that jack would be lifting the axle weight on one side which would exceed 5,000 lbs. unless there are heavier jacks available I didn't see and I think the atwood system is similar.
i would like to install one of theese systems but last time I weighed my 2010 designer the axles were around 13,000 lbs. loaded for a cross crountry trip.
The jacks are good for 5000 EACH. you would have to have 10,000 on your axles before you have to worry. With 4 jacks your trailer would have to be over 20,000lbs. We have the Reico Titan system on our 31.5RLTS and it holds the trailer just fine. Our trailers GVWR just a shade under 12,000 . BTW, we love the Reico Titan Ground Control system.

Steve
__________________

__________________

Steve, Berne and Rascal
2012 Jayco 31.5 RLTS
2007 F250 Powerstroke
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.