Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-10-2018, 03:03 PM   #21

I was getting these 550’s
https://www.dommelvalley.ca/catalog/...e934gs1aj7tqn6
I was going to do it last season but never got around to it...now the price has gone up.
For me, in Canada, they were the best price and close to me.

The set up I have now is next to impossible to see the water level in the back battery. With the new 550’s it would be impossible.
I have an auto water filling jug that I think works...it’s suppose to stop filling when the cell is full.

I also want to get a small inverter genny for the just in case.

The front 12v battery is on a separate bank (BlueSea battery bank switch) I keep it charged so I can close the slides and get the rig back on the truck.

I have a sheet of ABS plastic on the bottom with 3 holes drilled for air and covered the holes with screen to keep out the wasps.
The batteries WILL NOT sit on those dumb slats that jayco engineered for that battery box. It is a horrible design...no wonder they redesigned it the next year.

The shelf is held in with punch dimples. Grind them off on the inside...I put some screws in part way to sit the shelf on after.
I also got rid of that silly auto breaker and put in a BlueSea breaker that I can manually reset and turn off if need be
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:31 PM   #22

Flo-Rite also has a battery watering system called the Pro-Fill RV2000 which waters two 6v batteries. You would need two kits for four GC2 batteries. No need to make room to check the batteries when you can top them off with a fool proof system.
https://www.amazon.com/Flow-Rite-RV2.../dp/B001FCAXT0 The pump needs to be ordered separately.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:51 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
I was going to do it last season but never got around to it...now the price has gone up.

The set up I have now is next to impossible to see the water level in the back battery. With the new 550’s it would be impossible.
I have an auto water filling jug that I think works...it’s suppose to stop filling when the cell is full.

The front 12v battery is on a separate bank (BlueSea battery bank switch) I keep it charged so I can close the slides and get the rig back on the truck.

I have a sheet of ABS plastic on the bottom with 3 holes drilled for air and covered the holes with screen to keep out the wasps.
The batteries WILL NOT sit on those dumb slats that jayco engineered for that battery box. It is a horrible design...no wonder they redesigned it the next year.

The shelf is held in with punch dimples. Grind them off on the inside...I put some screws in part way to sit the shelf on after.
I also got rid of that silly auto breaker and put in a BlueSea breaker that I can manually reset and turn off if need be
My OE battery location is in a side door on the curb side of the trailer and holds 2x 12v. My 4x 6v AGM's are sitting where you have stuff piled.

I went with the AGM's to avoid venting & level checks. Got the 4 from TotalBattery in Barrie. Think it was ~1000$CDN for the 4 with trade batteries (3x car batt=2x AGM).

I took the shelf out you're referring to which was at the top of the genny fuel tank location. Mine has gen-prep so maybe that's why the batteries are elsewhere from factory.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:20 PM   #24

Quote:

Thanks Klassic. Yea, in my opinion the battery compartment was done very poorly. Grinding the punch dimples is a great idea. I thought I might have to drill them out.

Sounds like you have a nice setup. Not sure where I am going to end up yet.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:59 PM   #25

4 Trojan T-105 Install in Pinnacle (2016)

Quote:
Like George Costanza’s wallet...I need everything in there.
Klassic

That’s some funny stuff. I don’t care who you are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:01 PM   #26

Ya..I don’t know where I am going to end up at yet either. PlayersZ28 has me re thinking AGMs now.
And Jasum would love to see me clean out my front storage. Lol.

Players, which AGM’s did you get?
Funny all those solar places are in Barrie.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
Old 02-10-2018, 09:15 PM   #27

Lol Tom. I’m an administrator in a Facebook Seinfeld group. I wasn’t expecting anyone to get it here. Haha.
I’m posting a screen shot of your comment.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
Old 02-11-2018, 05:00 AM   #28

Quote:
like george costanza’s wallet...i need everything in there.
lol
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 10:01 AM   #29

Quote:
Ya..I don’t know where I am going to end up at yet either. PlayersZ28 has me re thinking AGMs now.

Klassic bring that thing down here..........I will clean that front compartment out for you and you'll be able to put 20 batteries in there. LOL
Old 02-11-2018, 11:15 AM   #30

Quote:

I used FullRiver 224AH 6v AGM's. I picked up my panels from a warehouse in Barrie after ordering from a place in BC.

This is a pic of my install in the gen bay.
Attached Thumbnails
trlr11.jpg  
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post
I used FullRiver 224AH 6v AGM's. I picked up my panels from a warehouse in Barrie after ordering from a place in BC.

This is a pic of my install in the gen bay.

Very nice Players.........

See klassic what your front storage area COULD look like??
Old 02-26-2018, 03:06 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivusCraig View Post
Has anyone installed 4 Trojan T-105 6v batteries in a Pinnacle. I currently have two 12 volt batteries that came with our 36FBTS Pinnacle.

There are two battery bays that seem very tight in our pinnacle.. I would like to install a couple of battery trays to hold the Trojan batteries to make checking them more convenient. Has anyone every done this in a pinnacle? If so, what recommendations would you make? What name brand tray worked. Were you able to fit 4 Trojans in the available space?

It seems quite tight but likely doable. Looking for some advice here.

I am interested in solar and want to make sure that I have the battery capacity that I may need to do boon docking.

Appreciate anyone sharing their experiences.

Have you decided on anything yet as far as the 4 T-105 batteries??

I am thinking about getting them also. If I do they will be in storage compartment to the left of where 2 12volts are now..........
Old 02-26-2018, 06:56 PM   #33

I am pretty sure I am going to go with the T-105 batteries. I have to do some mods in my battery compartment and haven't got to that yet. Never enough hours in the day.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:00 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivusCraig View Post
I am pretty sure I am going to go with the T-105 batteries. I have to do some mods in my battery compartment and haven't got to that yet. Never enough hours in the day.
Awesome............don't forget to take pics

Tags
battery, pinnacle 36 fbts