Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2019, 09:05 PM   #21

kinky

it is normally a slack pressure valve that causes this issue - if you turn on the gas valve sometimes the pressure lock kicks in -it is also possible they overfilled the tank so the pressure was a little higher than it should have been- close the tank valves remove the lines from the tank open your stove line on the stove close the stove line - reconnect the lines to the tank and slowly open the valves on the tank- open the stove line and try to light it, - also check the gas line, mine is fed through the frame of the trailer it sometimes gets kinked around the spare time mount ( i have a hybrid).
CamperStu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:18 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pope View Post
Angelo, any suggestions on where to stay in Yellowstone? We are headed there in July 2020. Thanks!
Bob- We stayed at Fishing Bridge Campground in Yellowstone last August for a week. Full hookups and centrally located in the park. Beautiful setting and not a very roomy campground but we didn't spend much time in the fiver as we were always out touring the park. You won't be disappointed. Make your reservations as soon as possible as it fills up many months in advance. We made ours about 10 months before the trip.

Happy RVing,
Jeff

PS- You are also very close (just south)to Teton National Park at Jackson Hole and west of Mount Rushmore and Custer State Park. Lots to see.
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:49 AM   #23

I second that on Fishing bridge. We made reservations a year in advance and all the larger sights booked already. Only problem is the sites are small and backing into them is a challenge. Get up early am and head out to see the sites as the roads get very crowded by noon. We would leave the camp ground around 6:30 am and head to our park destination. Numerous animals roaming around in the early am.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:34 AM   #24

We were just out there. Against my better judgment, we stayed at the Cody KOA for one night because we needed to shop, do laundry, and the kiddo loves a pool. The next couple nights we went to the West Yellowstone KOA mountainside. Surprisingly, I actually liked that place. Maybe 20 mins from the park entrance, and a little out of town so quiet. Lastly was dry camping at Gross Ventre. Loved that. Closer to Tetons though. Kind of a hike to Yellowstone. I Booked all of these the day of or day before except Gross Ventre which was on first come basis.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:04 AM   #25

Its been explained to me by the Dealer that newer RVs are required to have a safety cut off valve in the gas system between the tanks and the appliances. The purpose is fire prevention. In case of an onrush of gas, due to a substantial leak or wreck, it shuts down the flow of gas. These valves are a little overzealous in their purpose. Hence the need to open the tank(s) slowly. Then bleed any air in the system, also slowly. I prefer to use a mechanical match and barely open a stove burner to accomplish this. If the safety valve is open your flame should flicker. Once lit and stays lit, you're done.
Moving Along is offline   Reply With Quote