Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-18-2016, 07:56 PM   #1

5th wheel pin issues.

So the dealer destroyed my plastic disk I use for my 5th wheel pin. Ended up coming home with out one. But the real issue is hook up took 15+ min normally 2 min and the drive home was the worst experience ever. I also noticed the the pin is resting on the jaws and I have light between the plates wtf? No wonder I had issues hooking I needed a good 3/8 to hey the jaws to close. Never have had this sort of issue.

Hitch is a B&W 5th wheel is Mor/ryde RPB Pin Box

Does anyone else experience this?
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustdave View Post
So the dealer destroyed my plastic disk I use for my 5th wheel pin. Ended up coming home with out one. But the real issue is hook up took 15+ min normally 2 min and the drive home was the worst experience ever. I also noticed the the pin is resting on the jaws and I have light between the plates wtf? No wonder I had issues hooking I needed a good 3/8 to hey the jaws to close. Never have had this sort of issue.

Does anyone else experience this? Attachment 26314Attachment 26315Attachment 26316

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1471571944503.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	26317Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1471571952617.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	26318Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1471571958782.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	26319

Photos

Old 08-19-2016, 10:21 PM   #3

I too have the companion Hitch with the MorRyde Pin. you could just raise the fifth wheel a little to make sure the jaws are closing around the skinnier section. Secure it, and then take up the front jacks to put the weight on the hitch.

But more than anything, I'd replace the plastic disk ASAP.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

This is what I've used all season. Cheap, Quick shipping. Works.
jnamadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 05:00 AM   #4
Site Team

I think you can get those disks in several thicknesses. I have one that has been on 3 different fifth wheels and still is in great shape. What did they do? Chop it up with an ax?

Every now an then, I lay mine on concrete and whack it with a hammer to flatten the splines around the hole and that keeps it nice and tight.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:04 AM   #5

Well they somehow destroyed the center hole out.
But the thing that didn't seem right is without the disk the weight of the trailer is on the jaws, there is light between the 5th wheel plates. Which to me is wrong.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:54 AM   #6
Site Team

Why is the dealer not replacing it? I'll bet he has a display inside full of them.

One should never wear out if treated properly. Most are damaged from hanging down and being crushed during the hook up process.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 01:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Why is the dealer not replacing it? I'll bet he has a display inside full of them.

One should never wear out if treated properly. Most are damaged from hanging down and being crushed during the hook up process.
They didn't have any, I called, and I didn't know it was missing until I got home. My biggest issue is that by the looks of things I can't haul the trailer without one.

I assume they didn't see it because it's black, and they use a john deer to move trailers.

David

Old 08-20-2016, 09:36 PM   #8
Lost in the Woods

My garage

Have not used bw hitch yet any Suggestions unit has been at factory forever never call back were to send check for tire replacement did not receive used in az one time screws coming thru floor sewer gas list goes on furniture by lippert is garbage lock no work ice maker no water cannot get inside cool 86 outside 85 inside local dealer said only work on our units Mesa az no help at all people in resort could not believe it second bath door glass shattered unit just sitting called factory at least 50 times finally called my dealer in Wisconsin to get thru by calling their rep factory makes about 12 per day then goes home ought to make them look at what they do hope factory does what they say very upset owners
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustdave View Post

Does anyone else experience this?
Something doesn't look right. I have a B&W hitch and did not initially use a disk. I do now, but still have plenty of room without the pin resting on the jaws without one.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by My garage View Post
Have not used bw hitch yet any Suggestions unit has been at factory forever never call back were to send check for tire replacement did not receive used in az one time screws coming thru floor sewer gas list goes on furniture by lippert is garbage lock no work ice maker no water cannot get inside cool 86 outside 85 inside local dealer said only work on our units Mesa az no help at all people in resort could not believe it second bath door glass shattered unit just sitting called factory at least 50 times finally called my dealer in Wisconsin to get thru by calling their rep factory makes about 12 per day then goes home ought to make them look at what they do hope factory does what they say very upset owners
....breathe....
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 04:47 AM   #11
Lost in the Woods

Sorry I was reading your post about hitch learning to use somehow I rattled my flustrations with Jayco nev used this site just learning
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:19 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by My garage View Post
Sorry I was reading your post about hitch learning to use somehow I rattled my flustrations with Jayco nev used this site just learning
No worry. .. sometimes knowing your not the only sole with something wrong makes you feel better, not that we should have issues but they do happen.