Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-08-2017, 10:29 PM   #1

5ver HAS ARRIVED

Well we received a phone call from our dealer this past Monday that our trailer had arrived Saturday4/1/2017. Ordered it on 2/20/2017. Will be there till they get all the add-ons installed before we can pick it up. Now just waiting on the TV to come in.

2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Dually 6.7L HO Turbo Diesel with Aisin Tranny
50 Gal. Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
2014 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins (Sold)
2017 Pinnacle 36KPTS
Wampuscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:51 PM   #2

Congrats. This is an exciting time for you for sure. I know you're chomping at the bit to get it in your driveway and begin to get familiar with it. I was in your shoes almost a year ago. I get mine back from winter storage in a week and a half and can't wait. Been plotting mods & upgrades all winter and want to get to them.
Tail_gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 03:53 PM   #3
CTP

Congratulations!
I'm in a similar boat. Working with dealers to order a NP 377 and then I plan on ordering a ram 3500/aisin/4x4/6.7.
What dealers did you order your Jayco and Ram from?
CTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 04:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail_gunner View Post
Congrats. This is an exciting time for you for sure. I know you're chomping at the bit to get it in your driveway and begin to get familiar with it. I was in your shoes almost a year ago. I get mine back from winter storage in a week and a half and can't wait. Been plotting mods & upgrades all winter and want to get to them.
Thanks Tail_Gunner. I will have to get familiar with it while on the go. We are in the process of selling the house and can't keep it here. Have a buddy with 65 acres and a rv spot on his property he said that I can use as long as I need to. May have to take him up on.it. Yes your right. Can't wait to get going. Happy Camping!

2017 Pinnacle 36KPTS
Old 04-09-2017, 04:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTP View Post
Congratulations!
I'm in a similar boat. Working with dealers to order a NP 377 and then I plan on ordering a ram 3500/aisin/4x4/6.7.
What dealers did you order your Jayco and Ram from?
CTP, we ordered the Jayco from Steve's Rv in Lacombe, La. Great folks to work with. Family owned, very knowledgeable and no pressure sales. They also offer good advice which is not always in their favor. They shoot straight with you. If you happen to pay them a visit the person to see is David.

The truck was ordered from Community Motors in Hammond, La. Also great people to work with. If you want the Ram 3500 with the Aisin Tranny you will probably have to order it. When they checked for me there was not one within 1000 miles. It was better that I ordered it anyway because I got just what I wanted. Delivery time they told me was 8 to 10 weeks. Hopefully mine will be here this coming week. Good luck and congrats on your new adventures. Happy Camping!

2017 Pinnacle 36KPTS
Old 04-10-2017, 01:58 AM   #6

Congrats! Wow it look like that you're living the dream, so excited.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:12 AM   #7
CTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wampuscat View Post
CTP, we ordered the Jayco from Steve's Rv in Lacombe, La. Great folks to work with. Family owned, very knowledgeable and no pressure sales. They also offer good advice which is not always in their favor. They shoot straight with you. If you happen to pay them a visit the person to see is David.
Thank you Wampuscat. I'm going to give David a call. They have a 377 on their lot and it's the closest one so far.
CTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:38 AM   #8

So, you think you did a complete PDI. Ordered a 17 Pinnacle 37MDQS Aug 16 and picked it up 6 APR 17. Thought I did a complete PDI. Got it home and started to familiarize myself with the new unit. All was going well until I noticed a slight sound difference coming from the stereo unit in the main cabin. Speakers set on series "A" for main cabin listening I noticed when I adjusted the balance for Left and Right speakers that I did not have Left speakers. No issue with Series "B" bedroom or "C" outside speakers, those worked well. But, series "A" speakers, I only have Right side speakers. Second issue: Hot water. During the PDI I first started with using electric to heat the water as it takes a bit longer. Once the heating element brought the water up to just above luke warm, I transferred over to gas and brought it up to nice hot water. All is well RIGHT !!! Well once I got it home I did the normal thing and got water to it's hottest setting and was continuing to check things out when I noticed that the hot water in the shower was only spurting luke warm water. Now I have great hot water at the island sink and in the bathroom lav but only luke warm water coming out of the shower head. Pulled the inspection plate for lack of a better word and looked at the pex going up to the shower head. Due to it being pex, I cannot see how it is kinked or could be kinked in any way as it is a simple straight run up. Sent an e-mail to Jayco and am awaited to see what they say. 178 miles from my dealer so hoping Jayco gives me something easy to check. Morale of the story: Nothing is perfect so don't expect your PDI to be. My dealership is GREAT so I do not expect any issues with fixing the problems. Another day in the life.
Skidawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidawg View Post
So, you think you did a complete PDI. Ordered a 17 Pinnacle 37MDQS Aug 16 and picked it up 6 APR 17. Thought I did a complete PDI. Got it home and started to familiarize myself with the new unit. All was going well until I noticed a slight sound difference coming from the stereo unit in the main cabin. Speakers set on series "A" for main cabin listening I noticed when I adjusted the balance for Left and Right speakers that I did not have Left speakers. No issue with Series "B" bedroom or "C" outside speakers, those worked well. But, series "A" speakers, I only have Right side speakers. Second issue: Hot water. During the PDI I first started with using electric to heat the water as it takes a bit longer. Once the heating element brought the water up to just above luke warm, I transferred over to gas and brought it up to nice hot water. All is well RIGHT !!! Well once I got it home I did the normal thing and got water to it's hottest setting and was continuing to check things out when I noticed that the hot water in the shower was only spurting luke warm water. Now I have great hot water at the island sink and in the bathroom lav but only luke warm water coming out of the shower head. Pulled the inspection plate for lack of a better word and looked at the pex going up to the shower head. Due to it being pex, I cannot see how it is kinked or could be kinked in any way as it is a simple straight run up. Sent an e-mail to Jayco and am awaited to see what they say. 178 miles from my dealer so hoping Jayco gives me something easy to check. Morale of the story: Nothing is perfect so don't expect your PDI to be. My dealership is GREAT so I do not expect any issues with fixing the problems. Another day in the life.
Quite so Skidawg, I am a lot wiser in my old age and don't expect everything to be perfect like I use to think when I was younger. LOL. Happy Camping!

2017 Pinnacle 36KPTS
Old 04-10-2017, 01:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTP View Post
Thank you Wampuscat. I'm going to give David a call. They have a 377 on their lot and it's the closest one so far.
Great CTP, They will treat you well. Tell them David sent you.

2017 Pinnacle 36KPTS
Old 04-10-2017, 01:30 PM   #11

Nice! Congrats!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:06 PM   #12

Wampuscat just wanted to let you know that we've had our RV a little over a year and that Steve and his family have done everything possible to help correct the issues that did show up after the PDI. They are a great dealership.
Honsinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:26 PM   #13

Congratulations! I wanted a Laramie with bench seats in the front and the Aisin. Couldn't find any in the country so it was ordered. The wait was worth it and it's nice getting the exact truck you want!
Old 04-10-2017, 10:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honsinja View Post
Wampuscat just wanted to let you know that we've had our RV a little over a year and that Steve and his family have done everything possible to help correct the issues that did show up after the PDI. They are a great dealership.
Honsinja, Yes they are and very helpful with helping to choose the right up-grades and add-ons. Were glad we found them through another's advice. Would highly recommend them. Happy Camping!

2017 Pinnacle 36KPTS
Old 04-10-2017, 10:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by milw156 View Post
Congratulations! I wanted a Laramie with bench seats in the front and the Aisin. Couldn't find any in the country so it was ordered. The wait was worth it and it's nice getting the exact truck you want!
Thanks Milw156, and Ditto on ordering and waiting. Well worth it.

2017 Pinnacle 36KPTS