Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-23-2019, 03:24 PM   #21

Davolson - According to Lippert, the system draws only off the batteries. being plugged in only helps keep the batteries charged. I have discovered the charge is not equal to the draw when leveling.
ccsest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 07:38 PM   #22

Correct. The lippert is connected to the batteries however the Converter does more than just charge the batteries but provides 30-55 amps of on demand 12vdc current (depending on model) when plugged in. Battery could be almost dead with no reserve yet all 12v circuits should operate normally when plugged in to shore power. Been there.
davolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 09:44 PM   #23

I had a similar problem and took it in 4 times before it was fixed. They tried replacing the motherboard but the same issue.

I had just about given up and was about to drive it to the factory until the level sensors were checked (had to cut part of the belly pan to look. The rear sensor was reversed and this was the root cause of all the problems.

It was installed at jayco improperly. Once this sensor was simply turned around....all my leveling issues (out of stroke fault) were resolved!

I hope this is your problem too.....such an easy fix

Richard
rchilibeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 10:23 PM   #24

Ground Control 3.0

We have a 2016 Pinnacle 38FLSA with the Lippert system. If it is where the ground isn't flat enough, I have to use 8X8 blocks to get it level. Without them, I get an "out of stroke" message. When that happens, I just put the blocks on whichever jacks give the error and all is well. I have had to go through the Lippert "homing procedure" to set the stroke and home positions but it seems to work pretty well. My 2014 Pinnacle had the Atwood levelers (4-Point) and these are definitely much better.
2018 GMC Sierra Denalli 4WD 1T CC Dually Duramax/Allison Nav Sys,-Sun Roof-On Star-XM Radio
serfas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:30 PM   #25

My 2019 FBTS, which was delivered in Aug 2018, would always go out of stroke when leveling. Now I use leveling blocks to prevent that.
RichW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:44 PM   #26

I do the same on the rear of my 2019 321RSTS
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:28 AM   #27

When I picked up my north point from camping world, the dealer guys couldn't get the lippert 6 point electric leveling system to work. It was late in the day so I just took it home. Found out that it needed a 2nd battery to work well. If your slides work well with your current battery setup, with or without shore power, then your jacks should also work well. Assuming that you have a lippert system, each electric jack motor needs lots of current to operate so checking all connections, plugs are suspect, and the large wire connections to the lippert unit needs to be checked. Check that each jack has the same problem of under power and if so, the lippert system may be bad. With two batteries working in parallel, your jacks should be able to lift the coach wheels off the ground. Also use leveling blocks of some sort to keep the jacks from going out of range.

ARMYG is offline   Reply With Quote