Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2019, 06:59 PM   #1

A/C not working

Sorry if this has been asked before. I am on my cell phone and it's extremely hard for me to search. We have a new 2018 Jayco eagle. It came with one ac installed and we had the dealer add one in the front. One in the front is great. Cools off my room no problem. The main ac isn't working correctly. I can feel air moving but it isn't cool. I checked the ac in case the foam was blocking the diverter and it's fine too. Local repair guy can't get us in the next 2 days we are in New Mexico.

We did buy a portable ac to help for now.
Any suggestions?

We
Wackadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 08:46 PM   #2

If the air is coming out of the vents and it's just not cold it could be You just have the fan on and not the AC. That has happened to the DW once on ours. If the AC is actually turned on then the compressor is not running or it's low in Freon. Turn the unit off for about 5 minutes, with everything quite in the camper turn it back on. You should hear the fan come on immediately and a second later you should hear the compressor come on. If it comes on and it's not cold you have problem for and AC tech. If the compressor comes on and kind of hums and then goes off it's probably the start capacitor on the compressor and this you can change yourself. A capacitor cost between $10-18 dollars. Good luck.
1998 HitchHiker II 31 RLBG (Sold 2012)
2002 Ford F350 7.3L Turbo, Crew Cab, DRW, 4:10 (Mint, Garage Queen)
TnHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:30 AM   #3

I had a similar problem on my 2020 Eagle FBOK. Bedroom AC working and the main one would not run. Turns out there was no power going to the unit. Bad breaker. Replaced the main AC breaker and all good now.
Kkjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:52 PM   #4

I had the same issue on my 2019 Eagle. Thought it was a bad breaker and when I went to change it out I found the factory did not tighten the screw that holds the wire in the breaker. The wire was just sitting in the breaker. Very lucky we did nit have a fire.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote