Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Fla View Post
Jayco' response is below.....
While I respect Jayco's expert advise, I suspect their lack of AC outlet ducts contributes to the problem you are experiencing.

Hopefully, they will realize their design flaw and add additional outlets to aid in rectifing the issue in future models.
Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS; '01 Sunnybrook Lite 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah
Previous TV's: '02 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1 4.10; '99 Chevy Express 1500 5.7
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
While I respect Jayco's expert advise, I suspect their lack of AC outlet ducts contributes to the problem you are experiencing.

Hopefully, they will realize their design flaw and add additional outlets to aid in rectifing the issue in future models.
I would agree, the answer sounded like "It is yours now, do not bother us, we will not change it!"
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #23
Site Team

Knock wood but we have not had any problems like this yet. I hope to give it a good workout this month to see if we have any freeze up problems.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Fla View Post
I would agree, the answer sounded like "It is yours now, do not bother us, we will not change it!"
We have a 15K AC. We've been to Florida and many other hot, humid places. We run the AC on high, all day, every day in these areas. The only time it is on low fan is at night while we sleep.

The only times the AC freezes up is when the filter is very dirty. When I change the filter (which improves air movement and flow) the problem goes away.
Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS; '01 Sunnybrook Lite 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah
Previous TV's: '02 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1 4.10; '99 Chevy Express 1500 5.7
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:36 AM   #25

I spent last summer in Florida on the gulf coast where I am right now and my 15K unit runs on high all the time. It has never frozen up and the smaller bedroom unit hasn't either. No problems here at all.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
I spent last summer in Florida on the gulf coast where I am right now and my 15K unit runs on high all the time. It has never frozen up and the smaller bedroom unit hasn't either. No problems here at all.
Ed,

Does you Deisgners Front A/C only have one duct line or does it have two (One on both sides like the rear one)?

Our Front A/C is a 13.5k and only has one duct line on the bed side of the room and only had one ceiling vent in the bedroom area.
I added a second ceiling vent in the bedroom area.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #27

Rob,
have you tried removing the grill and making sure the bolts holding the unit in are tight. I had the exact same problem in a TT I used to own..It froze up and I called my dealer who instructed me to tighten the 4 bolts in a criss-cross pattern but not too tight..Appears the bolts had gotten loose and was letting outside air in.

Tightened bolts and it never froze up again..

Tommy
tmb4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #28

I only have one vent in my bedroom and one in the bath. Both of my a/c's are hooked to the same duct line. If only one is running I get a little air on the other end of the duct. Some days, like today, the front a/c was running on and off and was enough to cool the rear as well. I am facing south.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
Old 05-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmb4971 View Post
Rob,
have you tried removing the grill and making sure the bolts holding the unit in are tight. I had the exact same problem in a TT I used to own..It froze up and I called my dealer who instructed me to tighten the 4 bolts in a criss-cross pattern but not too tight..Appears the bolts had gotten loose and was letting outside air in.

Tightened bolts and it never froze up again..

Tommy
Tommy,

I tightened up the A/C bolts a few months back shortly after we bought our Pinnacle, they were quite loose. I have rechecked them again recently and they are still tight.

Thanks for the response and info.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #30

Rob, After about a year I started having a small water drip from my rear a/c onto the carpet. I took the grill off and tightened the 4 corner screws down a bit. The gasket the a/c sits on is approx 1 inch thick initially. The weight of the a/c had compressed it down enough that the screws weren't holding it at all. Be careful to not tighten then too much. You want plenty of cushion left. When the gasket fully compresses after a few years it has to be replaced.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
Rob, After about a year I started having a small water drip from my rear a/c onto the carpet. I took the grill off and tightened the 4 corner screws down a bit. The gasket the a/c sits on is approx 1 inch thick initially. The weight of the a/c had compressed it down enough that the screws weren't holding it at all. Be careful to not tighten then too much. You want plenty of cushion left. When the gasket fully compresses after a few years it has to be replaced.
Thanks Ed,
I tightened them down by hand with a Nut Driver.
I do not think I tightened they down too much, guess I will find out in a few years!!