Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-29-2022, 01:20 PM   #21

we had our sail switch repaired once....it broke a second time. We now use portable heaters. Much easier and just as efficient
ltnunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 10:16 AM   #22

I have a similar setup to your trailer. When my furnace was acting up I had to remove the entire furnace to get after the sail switch. It ended up being a bad control board, the sail switch was fine.
Cujonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 04:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
X2

My TT furnace is located under my jackknife sofa which provides ample access getting to the furnace (after removing the wood box cover & sofa), but the critical components (sail switch, high temp sensor, circuit board, etc.) were sandwiched against the outer wall like the OP's without an outside access panel.

My TT furnace R&R was a "lot" easier than what the OP's will be..., but it still added considerable time to what would have been a 3 minute sail switch R&R with an outside access panel.

All RV furnaces should have an outside access panel, especially the FW's.

Bob
Not on the 28.5 rsts HT. The furnace is located under the pantry and you have to pull it out till you can swing it to get at the sail switch. All that was wrong with mine was it was stuck with fluff/lint/. All that was necessary was a cleaning.
Teroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 05:28 PM   #24

I don’t know if you have the problem repaired yet but it looks like we have the same set up and it was easier to disconnect them unhook the furnace and pull it to where you can access everything. I am still fighting with mine. Haven’t been able to get any power to make it work. Good luck.
Tburke is offline   Reply With Quote