Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-23-2019, 01:01 PM   #1

add a battery

My 2007 jayco featherlite 5th wheel has a battery compartment the holds only 1 battery. Is there any way to open this up to add a second battery to keep them both close to the inverter.
Picinisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:51 PM   #2
CAG

I read where on owner used the compartment next to the battery compartment to increase the number of batteries. I would like to add more also but not sure I want to make holes in things or loose the storage space, of which there is not much anyway.
CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 03:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I read where on owner used the compartment next to the battery compartment to increase the number of batteries. I would like to add more also but not sure I want to make holes in things or loose the storage space, of which there is not much anyway.

The problem with that is the compartment needs to be isolated and vented. So some building required. But expanding thevexisting location would require building anyway so may go that route. Just wondering if anyone has expanded the current location.
Old 11-23-2019, 03:32 PM   #4
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picinisco View Post
The problem with that is the compartment needs to be isolated and vented. So some building required. But expanding thevexisting location would require building anyway so may go that route. Just wondering if anyone has expanded the current location.
Not if you use AGM batteries which is what I have used in my previous rigs. I used 3 12V AGM which gives you about as much as 2 6 volt wetcell, without the venting issue, and the danger of losing one battery and having no 12 volt in the unit.

There is no room to "expand" in mine. One slot sliding tray just wider than the battery itself.
CAG is offline   Reply With Quote