Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-16-2014, 10:50 PM   #1

Adding a second TV to Satelite

Hello All
I have a Jayco Eagle and have a satelite connections that I use with the Tailgater I have (That's a whole post for another time!). We would like to use a television in the bedroom but do not know how to go about getting the satelite there. We have Dish at home, and have their Hopper and Joey to watch TV in different rooms.

Has anyone done this set up in their RV? I don't know if we can use the Hopper and Joey in an RV, or have to get another receiver for the bedroom etc.

I have a place for a cable wire in the bedroom, but dont know if its cable or satelite.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Jim K.
Jimkuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:47 AM   #2

I think if you are using the tailgater, you will need two receivers in your trailer, one for each room you plan to watch tv. I use Directv and use two receivers if I want to watch in two rooms, at least watch different programming at the same time. I'm more familiar with the Direct tv since I have no experience with dish.
Trial and error is a good teacher.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:00 AM   #3
Lost in the Woods

The Tailgater only supports one receiver. The Winegard Pathway X2 supports two. Some receivers output on the HDMI and a coaxial output (if it has one) at the same time so it may be possible to put your main tv on the HDMI and then patch through the coaxial output to the bedroom. Both tvs will watch the same channel at the same time. The bedroom tv will not be high definition however just SD. As far as a Hopper that is another can of worms. Maybe someone can chime in on that one.
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:32 AM   #4

The 211k receiver has both outputs. The 211z receiver does not.
etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:15 AM   #5

tailgater supports only one receiver. You can connect multi tvs any number of ways but all tvs will be watching the same channel. Get a tripod and you can feed a signal to 2 or more receivers. That's how I did it. Installed a sat coax input connector thru the wall into the bedroom and bought a second 211z on line for $85. All it takes is a call to dish to activate the new receiver.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:03 PM   #6

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I think I have a direction to go!

Jim K
Jimkuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satelite, tailgater