Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2022, 06:42 PM   #1

Advice on best method to sell fifth wheel

My wife and I just returned from a cross country camping trip in our 2018 Jayco HT 24.5 CKTS fifth wheel. It was the smallest camper Jayco made that year and fit in almost every National or state park we camped in on our trip.

However, we will be moving in a year or two to a condo and need to sell the camper. We love it and have added a lot of improvements to it for dry camping (solar, AGM batteries and other upgrades) but don't want to pay storage fees on top of condo fees.

My question is for anyone who has experience with or opinions about the best way to sell a 5th wheel. I am considering three options:
  • Direct private sale by listing it on RV Trader and Facebook Marketplace etc.
  • Working with a third party marketing and listing service "National Vehicle" that claims to have a nationwide reach than can get a lot of eyes on our camper and to be able to sell it within a matter of weeks as a result without a commission. They do charge a not insignificant fee upfront for what they describe as EBay charges and they don't guarantee they will find a buyer. They also sent me a link to their BBB site which has a fair number of very positive reviews but also a few that are concerning.
  • Consignment sale at a dealership like Campers World where I would have to pay a commission on the order of 10%.
Does anyone have any experience/opinions of National Vehicle? Positive or negative? What about the pro/cons of private sales or consignment sales?

As for a private sale, there are only two listings on RV Trader right now -- in the country --for my particular model 5th wheel which was described by Jayco and others as "the perfect couples camper" and that it is (see photo).

I will also be selling my 2019 Ford F250 with 26,000 miles that we bought to tow the fiver. But I received some advice to list each separately.

Thanks for any and all advice/opinions. Much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
camper.jpg  
Monheganlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 04:44 AM   #2

My experience is with #3 - consignment. We have a local dealer who specializes in 2nd hand RV's and they were thrilled to have our camper and sold it quick. We told them how much we wanted out of the deal and whatever they sold it for (we didn't ask), they kept the difference.
They handled the legal paperwork, advertising, offered financing and warranty. It was painless for us.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 06:37 AM   #3

I have sold 3 Campers on RV trader. Would do it again when I am ready to sell.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote