Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-30-2019, 09:52 AM   #41

Well I can say it keeps the stuff in my storage pretty cool! lol Feels good to pull out a cold zero gravity chair on a hot summer day. lol
Chris Wendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:07 AM   #42

Maybe I am losing a lot after all. Next summer, I’ll have to look into this. Good point about the cool basement. Now that I read that I do recall the few times I used the trailer, that’s it oddly cool down there.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 05:00 PM   #43

Tee-Bone, Thanks for the suggestion and pictures. I have had similar concerns with the 2 AC's air flow through the registers of my Pinnacle. This past weekend, I removed the black cones on the register and using aluminum HVAC tape, sealed the holes as you showed in the pictures. I also removed the grill over the front AC and taped up the baffle between the suction and discharge. The baffle is only held in place with a foam weather strip around the outside edge. The baffle had shifted allowing about a 1 inch opening between the inlet and discharge ducts.
bgelyhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 06:58 PM   #44

We did this repair/mod to our duct work as well as insulating the air box up on the roof before going to the beach. We were in 110 degree heat and inside was a cool 72 degrees. Could have made it cooler but wanted both A/C's to cycle to avoid any freeze up. Definitely worth the couple hours of work to get this done.
Festor is offline   Reply With Quote