Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-09-2016, 05:23 PM   #21

The only CW dealer near me does not stock small units. Before we were allowed to browse the lot or speak to a salesman/woman we had to register with the receptionist. To me that is too much personal information that they require to be divulged.

And when we pointed out on the lot that our specs topped out at 3500 lbs they said they could not help us. They were not a Jayco dealer. After giving them all that personal information they said they would let us know if a suitable trade came in.

That was about a year ago. Never heard from them. I can't comment on all Camping Worlds but that experience makes me still want to throw up. I will special order a part at the Jayco dealer we bought from locally even if its a little more more .We have gotten excellent service from them.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:10 PM   #22
Site Team

The one near us only has the franchise for Jayco MH's. Travel trailers and all other models are franchised by a small family owned dealership that has been in business for many years.

In the last 5-6 years, CW has been buying dealerships everywhere, some towns have multiple CW's.

My opinion is influenced by the reports of my friends and my first hand experience at only a few CW dealers.

It is not all inclusive and good to hear that many have different experiences.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:39 PM   #23

Jayco may be partly responsible for the distribution of their products. Recently one of the smaller independent dealers in our area lost the Jayco franchise though they did what they could keep it. Jayco now requires that the dealership be located on a major highway preferably an interstate for visibility. That will make it hard for many independent dealers to compete for a franchise.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500 CC SB 4x4 Duramax
skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:51 PM   #24

OK so I'll be specific - CW Anthony, TX. Contact service to repair blown tire damage. Est $1400 and I specifically asked if they wanted $$ to order parts knowing I have a $500 deductible insurance. No not necessary we talked to your insurance. OK order parts and call when they are in. Six weeks later I call, parts in? Nope we need $$ before we order. REALLY I got the stuff myself $200 for parts & $200 shipping.

OK another try. I need (want) a new couch that reclines and there is one in the catalogue that looks good. None in stock we are a small CW. OK I get it order one for me I'll confident it is what I'm looking for by the description. Computer check, no one has one I can get it in 4-6 weeks but it has to be paid up front. I pay cash and wait. 4 weeks 6, 8, hey where is it? Has to be built. 10 weeks, 12, 15 it's here. I drive to get it and "you owe us XXX more. BS it was paid for when ordered. Finally get a manager that plays with pricing and let's it go for the original price, but he did help me load it. I now mail order Jayco parts from an out of state (none CW) dealer that goes out of their way to get what I need.

2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:57 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by skijlw View Post
Jayco may be partly responsible for the distribution of their products. Recently one of the smaller independent dealers in our area lost the Jayco franchise though they did what they could keep it. Jayco now requires that the dealership be located on a major highway preferably an interstate for visibility. That will make it hard for many independent dealers to compete for a franchise.
What? We have one interstate in the whole state! And its for commerce not tourist activity.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:34 PM   #26

It's not just CW that's buying up family/ independent dealers. Campers Inn RV is buying dealers right and left. They just bought PECO Campers in Atlanta. I used to get all my service and parts there but not anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:03 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by skijlw View Post
It worked for Harley Davidson. I suspect it can work for RV dealers, although most RV buyers aren't egomaniacs......and the saga continues.
Mule: 2016 RAM Mega Cab Dually, 4X4, Demco HiJacker 21K Autoslide on RAM Puck, Laramie, 6.7, Aisin, 4:10's, 51 Gallon Titan fuel tank, Superhitch 30K lb receiver, Jack Rabbit bed cover.
Wagon: 2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA, Sailun G's, Center Point Air Suspension, 572 Watts Solar w/4 T-145s, Solid Step, 1 ton mini split HVAC, Back up cam.
Tote: Custom built swivel wheel tote (one torsion axle w/dual tires) with a Rampage lift.
Drifter1959 is offline   Reply With Quote