Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-14-2018, 09:37 PM   #1

And I hit the Roof!!

Literally; don't ask; it involved a horizontal bar and clipped a corner and two small tears. Wood splintered on the corner and gutter bent. (don't have pics but patched and dry til we got home). Dealer wants to replace so warranty is still good on this 2018 HT. Insurance company, I'm told, wants it repaired. Haven't called IC and thinking I should call Jayco for recommendation. Any advise or experience from similiar boo boos? TIA!
jonesykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:36 AM   #2

Personally if it were me, I would ask our local independent service for their opinion and then deal with either the insurance company or dealer. Why the independent? Because once the warranty is over & something happens they would be fixing it for me.

We had a minor accident with ours - chipped out the gelcoat to avoid a deer & the truck/trailer went off the side of the road. We didn't even bother with dealer - the insurance covered it and the independent fixed it. They did an awesome job.

And for the record, thank goodness for a dually truck. It kept us from tipping over the unit as we continued on to get fully back on the road.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote