Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2020, 01:03 PM   #101
Site Team

Finally got my Ultimate after 6 weeks backorder. I got it installed yesterday and just went thru the hook up and disconnect to get it down pat. I pulled out of my shed and into the yard. Made a few measurements to confirm the original figures and it's gonna clear the bed just fine. I have the pin set in the middle hole and plan to take it out for a drive Monday. Backed it under the shed and unhitched. It's different than my old Reese hitch on the old truck.

I have a few questions for Andersen but their customer service line is not answered on weekends.
Attached Thumbnails
DEAF624A-531B-424E-8724-9827E9FAAFDD.jpeg  
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 01:57 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Finally got my Ultimate after 6 weeks backorder. I got it installed yesterday and just went thru the hook up and disconnect to get it down pat. I pulled out of my shed and into the yard. Made a few measurements to confirm the original figures and it's gonna clear the bed just fine. I have the pin set in the middle hole and plan to take it out for a drive Monday. Backed it under the shed and unhitched. It's different than my old Reese hitch on the old truck.

I have a few questions for Andersen but their customer service line is not answered on weekends.
Congrats. I have had one for a few years and love it. I recently went to their bed shaft to replace the B&W ball kit. Being rounded the ball always seemed vague when torquing the hitch down to 65 lbs. The bed shaft has a grooved slot the pin goes in and is much easier to tell when it is torqued properly. The ball worked fine, but the shaft just made more sense.
Andersen Ultimate w/Andersen Bed Shaft
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 09:37 PM   #103

Great, keep us posted I look back and wish that I would have got one but all in all I'm please on what I have.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 06:24 PM   #104
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mac View Post
Another question for Anderson owners.

Do any of you have covers for your bed ( such as a tri fold) which does not interfere with tight turns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought a Gator trifold soft cover. I really like it but I have to remove it when towing because the edge is to close to the front of the hitch pin. It only takes 3 minutes to remove it.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 01-21-2021, 07:24 PM   #105

Quote:
I bought a Gator trifold soft cover. I really like it but I have to remove it when towing because the edge is to close to the front of the hitch pin. It only takes 3 minutes to remove it.
That is weird. My Undercover Flex tri-fold can be up or 1/3 closed when I am towing. I would imagine they have to be the same length (of folds).
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 01:18 PM   #106

TWADD10, you may want to call your frame maker, Lippert in my case, and ask is they recommend this Andersen hitch for their frame. I called and they said they did not recommend this type of ball mount hitch and it would most likely void any warranty issues. Just my .02. I do recommend you call and check for yourself.
Old 01-23-2021, 02:06 PM   #107
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
That is weird. My Undercover Flex tri-fold can be up or 1/3 closed when I am towing. I would imagine they have to be the same length (of folds).
Is you bed short or long?

BTW, I contacted Gator and they are gonna swap it out for a roll up version.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 01-23-2021, 02:20 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie79 View Post
TWADD10, you may want to call your frame maker, Lippert in my case, and ask is they recommend this Andersen hitch for their frame. I called and they said they did not recommend this type of ball mount hitch and it would most likely void any warranty issues. Just my .02. I do recommend you call and check for yourself.

Like all manufacturers, they look for reasons to void a warranty. Its been a while, but last I checked there have been no frame issues related to having an Anderson adapter. I talked to Andersen about it and they said they have heard of no issues. Again, this was a couple years ago.
Andersen Ultimate w/Andersen Bed Shaft
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 04:55 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie79 View Post
That is fair. I would also recommend calling Andersen. The provide a frame warranty, if the manufacturer has an issue with it. The manufacturer cannot deny warranty claims without proof a modification caused damages. You can read the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act yourself. It has been a law in the USA, since 1975. The Internet can be as helpful as it is harmful, in decisions like these.
Old 01-23-2021, 04:57 PM   #110

Quote:
is you bed short or long?

Btw, i contacted gator and they are gonna swap it out for a roll up version.
6.75'