Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-28-2019, 11:01 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1carguy View Post
I have the same FW and tow with a 2500 Duramax using the AUH. I've never had mine move at all. You are probably doing it the right way but it's important that you loosen the 2 side bolts before you torque the upper bolt, then tighten the 2 side bolts.

Does your rig "chuck" forward and back over rough roads? Mine does this so I installed a MorRyde pin box that reduces the jerking motion. When it chucks it's pretty severe and I feel like it could easily move the hitch around but it apparently doesn't.
Yes I tighten it properly. If "chucking" is a violent jarring when you hit big bumps, potholes or the deteriorated asphalt that seems to meet up at the edge of a concrete bridge on the Interstates, then yes it is. Was wondering about changing to the MorRyde box... Thanks for the input.....
FlaFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaFF View Post
Yes I tighten it properly. If "chucking" is a violent jarring when you hit big bumps, potholes or the deteriorated asphalt that seems to meet up at the edge of a concrete bridge on the Interstates, then yes it is. Was wondering about changing to the MorRyde box... Thanks for the input.....
The MorRyde pinbox really helped the chucking motion. It doesn't correct the problem but dampens it enough that I can live it. California highways are so bad that I was really stressed out every time we hit the road with the new trailer. I won't own another FW without having a MorRyde pinbox. Other than towing issues and a few warranty problems, we really like our 30.5 MBOK.
1carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:19 AM   #23

That's the first I've read of chucking with the AUH. At one point I nearly went with this setup to stop chucking I had with a previous setup. I'm still tempted to try it one day.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:40 AM   #24

I have about 8,000 miles on the AUH. With all due respect IMHO the reported chucking is not chucking in the traditional since as there is virtually no play in the hitch system but it is the same type of bucking between the TV and trailer but caused by road conditions. I can see where a system that absorbs some of this would be ideal but for me it simply hasn’t been that big a deal. For my money the AUH is a sweet setup.
Old 03-06-2020, 02:35 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFDon View Post
We've been using the PullRite for two years now. Love it, you do need to keep it well lubed with a dry lube, the ball is very tight and will hang as you hitch/unhitch until its broken in. Never had any other problems with it.

Don

What kind of dry lube do you use?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:40 AM   #26

Thank you guys for your input and comments, I sold my B&W hitch today after I had it up for sale for about 3 days.

I went with the PullRite Superlite #2600 and I should get in by this weekend and like someone said if it doesn't work I will sell it but I'm not to.l
Old 03-06-2020, 08:06 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
What kind of dry lube do you use?

We've been using PB Blaster dry lube. Its graphite based, sprays on wet but drys almost instantly. Found it at big box HD store.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:20 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Thank you guys for your input and comments, I sold my B&W hitch today after I had it up for sale for about 3 days.

I went with the PullRite Superlite #2600 and I should get in by this weekend and like someone said if it doesn't work I will sell it but I'm not to.l
Post an update once you get it and let us know how you like it. Really happy with ours all the way around.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 06:57 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
Thanks for the responses so far. I'm still leaning towards the Pullrite 2600 Superlite. Takes up less room in the bed and no chains. Has its own surface rails to sit down on. And still only 55 lbs or so.
I also use the AUH steel version, no complaints whatsoever. Keep things in perspective regarding the use of chains, it’s 2 quick hooks. It doesn’t make hookup any harder or longer. Use what you want but don’t make a mountain out of a molehill...
Old 03-06-2020, 07:18 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
I also use the AUH steel version, no complaints whatsoever. Keep things in perspective regarding the use of chains, it’s 2 quick hooks. It doesn’t make hookup any harder or longer. Use what you want but don’t make a mountain out of a molehill...
I wrote that over a year ago. There's no mountain being made. Just a comment about the Andersen requiring safety chains.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 08:31 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
Post an update once you get it and let us know how you like it. Really happy with ours all the way around.

I will do that, I email CS and they told me again that the 2600 will work with the short bed, they have tow offset so that should put me where I want to be. I will get it tomorrow but I want be able to do nothing with it until next week.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:12 PM   #32

Anyone having the Pullrite Superlite, I plan on hooking up safety chains.
Is there a connection point at the ball to pin adapter for chains?
thanks in advance
Ldirbysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 01:48 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldirbysr View Post
Anyone having the Pullrite Superlite, I plan on hooking up safety chains.
Is there a connection point at the ball to pin adapter for chains?
thanks in advance
I just bought one and yes it does have a hole on where you can install chain, let see if I can find my pics I bought some eye bolt in the holes they are on the front and back.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN3377.JPG   DSCN3376.JPG   DSCN3387.JPG   DSCN3388.JPG  
Old 04-10-2020, 01:51 AM   #34

A couple more.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN3378.JPG   DSCN3381.JPG  
Old 04-10-2020, 10:32 AM   #35

I just bought one and yes it does have a hole on where you can install chain, let see if I can find my pics I bought some eye bolt in the holes they are on the front and back.

we've had ours a few years. They were not drilling those holes then, would you be so kind as to let me know the diameter of them. I'll drill and have those chains on in no time, altho we've towed about 4ooo miles and never had one incident. Love the hitch!! Had a trucker tell me one time in Alabama that we needed them, this was when we were towing with a regular 5th wheel hitch! I just asked him, where's yours? Same type of locking system.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:06 AM   #36

I use an Andersen ultimate aluminum, and decided to use chains also event though I'm not required to by law in WA. I put clevis hooks on both ends, and wrapped the chains in a nylon sheath to prevent from chafing the aluminum structure of the AUH, and also to cut down on noise.

I did not like the design on the Pullright with the inverted ball, as I was concerned about debris getting into the ball socket given it's cradle design. With the Andersen.
Old 04-10-2020, 03:11 PM   #37

Quote:

we've had ours a few years. They were not drilling those holes then, would you be so kind as to let me know the diameter of them. I'll drill and have those chains on in no time, altho we've towed about 4ooo miles and never had one incident. Love the hitch!! Had a trucker tell me one time in Alabama that we needed them, this was when we were towing with a regular 5th wheel hitch! I just asked him, where's yours? Same type of locking system.
They give you a reference of load and size needed, I wouldn’t go less than 5/8…
https://www.e-rigging.com/shoulder-eyebolts
Old 04-10-2020, 03:54 PM   #38

Thanks, it helps a lot.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:31 PM   #39

Quote:

5/8 holes but the eye bolt that you see in the pics is 1/2 because I couldn't find any 5/8 around here but I will be to ordering 5/8 eye bolt soon though with the virus going around so I got the next size I could find, I guess that I could have went to Amazon but right now it's not the big of a issue.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:37 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciollika View Post
I use an Andersen ultimate aluminum, and decided to use chains also event though I'm not required to by law in WA. I put clevis hooks on both ends, and wrapped the chains in a nylon sheath to prevent from chafing the aluminum structure of the AUH, and also to cut down on noise.

I did not like the design on the Pullright with the inverted ball, as I was concerned about debris getting into the ball socket given it's cradle design. With the Andersen.

Yeah, I wanted to get the Andersen hitch first but after I was searching MorRyde and Andersen Co. recommends me getting the upgraded reinforcement plate, which would have cost another $215 plus install so I went with the Pullrite. As far as debris getting inside of the funnel I have a hard cover on my bed, so no worry there I'm also is in WA but I choice to use them, it's no big deal to use them. Be safe.