Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-07-2021, 08:35 AM   #1

Anderson Buckets

Does anyone use the Anderson Buckets for there 5th wheel leveling jacks ?

Do they help with leveling the 5th wheel so you don't get an out of stroke message before it is level ?
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 09:37 AM   #2

I use six of them. I've had them for approx. two years. For me, they make a nice difference. The legs do not need to extend as far and I almost never need to extend any legs with the drop/pins. On occasion (very few) I've had trouble with clearance on the rear legs and the buckets. We are full timers and travel quite a bit. They do take a little room up for storage, but I'm glad I purchased them.
2018 North Point 377RLBH, Roadmaster Comfort Ride, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Flexair 21k Pinbox, Victron MultiPlus II 2x120v 12v, power distribution, solar controller, smart shunt, 1000w of solar panels, 4 Lifepo4 200ah batteries
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC DRW LB 6.7, Air Lift 7500XL with Air Lift dual channel wireless
bill3kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 11:08 AM   #3

I use them on the front legs. I created some shorter supports, using pressure treated 4X4's, for the rear. I think it's important to have something like this because: a) your rig is more stable when the legs don't need to extend so far b) the surface area your rig uses on the ground is larger. I put a square of wood below them when on asphalt though.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 11:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill3kirk View Post
I use six of them. I've had them for approx. two years. For me, they make a nice difference. The legs do not need to extend as far and I almost never need to extend any legs with the drop/pins. On occasion (very few) I've had trouble with clearance on the rear legs and the buckets. We are full timers and travel quite a bit. They do take a little room up for storage, but I'm glad I purchased them.
Thanks. I just got them yesterday via UPS. I am going out tomorrow for a 12 day trip and going to use them. I just don't know if with the buckets on the front legs I will be able to extend them enough so that the pin locks in ?
Old 10-07-2021, 02:21 PM   #5

In many cases I never need to extend the front legs (using the pin) at all. In others, I attach the bucket, and extend the leg to where it locks. Never been an issue.
2018 North Point 377RLBH, Roadmaster Comfort Ride, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Flexair 21k Pinbox, Victron MultiPlus II 2x120v 12v, power distribution, solar controller, smart shunt, 1000w of solar panels, 4 Lifepo4 200ah batteries
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC DRW LB 6.7, Air Lift 7500XL with Air Lift dual channel wireless
bill3kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 02:28 PM   #6

I use snap pads. I've seen the buckets though. A couple next to us had them not long ago. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but, his buckets were "burrowing" for lack of a better word, into the gravel site. He had to re-level at least once. He also told me that he set his rig up in their driveway and the buckets left round marks in the asphalt. I make it a point not to use cribbing of any kind. I've never had a problem with my levelers going out of stroke. Would have to be one heck of an unlevel site.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 06:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill3kirk View Post
In many cases I never need to extend the front legs (using the pin) at all. In others, I attach the bucket, and extend the leg to where it locks. Never been an issue.
Are you saying that I don't need to pull the pin to let the front legs down and they will still go down when I hit auto level ? For some reason I was thinking that the top pin hole locked them in the up position ? I am still a newbie to 5th wheels. I guess the top pin hole's are no different then the other one's ?

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
Old 10-07-2021, 06:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
I use snap pads. I've seen the buckets though. A couple next to us had them not long ago. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but, his buckets were "burrowing" for lack of a better word, into the gravel site. He had to re-level at least once. He also told me that he set his rig up in their driveway and the buckets left round marks in the asphalt. I make it a point not to use cribbing of any kind. I've never had a problem with my levelers going out of stroke. Would have to be one heck of an unlevel site.
Mine go out of stroke a lot on my Pinnicle. Unless the sight is very level already. and my driveway is gravel and not to off level but it is a little and I always get out of stroke. Hoping the Anderson Buckets help this with a hard pad under them.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
Old 10-07-2021, 09:06 PM   #9

I had a set of those last year. The first and only time I used them they were great. However, I left them sitting on a picnic table as we were cleaning up camp near Mammoth. Just plain forgot them…. Honestly, I’ve been waiting for a post from someone bragging they scored on a set of $225 Anderson jack blocks. I haven’t gotten another set yet, but I’m always thinking of it.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 09:18 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
I had a set of those last year. The first and only time I used them they were great. However, I left them sitting on a picnic table as we were cleaning up camp near Mammoth. Just plain forgot them…. Honestly, I’ve been waiting for a post from someone bragging they scored on a set of $225 Anderson jack blocks. I haven’t gotten another set yet, but I’m always thinking of it.
Wow that hurts. They must have gone up in price. I paid $314.89 with shipping directly from Anderson.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
Old 10-07-2021, 09:59 PM   #11

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawags45 View Post
Wow that hurts. They must have gone up in price. I paid $314.89 with shipping directly from Anderson.
Mine was a set of four that included tire blocks, front door grate and a tote bag. And tonight, I’m almost ready to pull the trigger for another set. Amazon still has this kit for 229. I’m gonna do it.
Old 10-08-2021, 05:24 AM   #12

My Opinion- use some 2x6 scraps. I occasionally get out of stroke with my 5er, I carry 8 for my 6 point leveling. Probably never wear out and no big deal if left behind.
Here's a thread from "another" forum on them-

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...n-Jack-Buckets
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 07:18 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawags45 View Post
Mine go out of stroke a lot on my Pinnicle. Unless the sight is very level already. and my driveway is gravel and not to off level but it is a little and I always get out of stroke. Hoping the Anderson Buckets help this with a hard pad under them.
Yeah..I guess it all depends on where you're camping. Everyone's situation is different so they may be just what you need. Keep us updated on your thoughts!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 07:26 AM   #14

I order 6 for mine as I thought they were a good idea. When they arrived I discovered my jack feet were bigger around than the buckets. I called them and they said they would not work for my particular jacks and to send them back. Been getting by so far so good with nothing.
Randyman69357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 08:26 AM   #15

I've never used them. Have the snap pads. I never drop the inner leg on my landing gear and very seldom need to use the yellow "leggo" blocks. Probably been to at least 40 different campgrounds over the last two years. Being full time, we carry enough stuff without a bunch of buckets and 2X8's
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 11:07 AM   #16

Same here. I carry at least a dozen 2 x 6 x 16 boards as well as 4 4 x 6 x 8 for the back levelers. These are always in the back of my truck. I have been on some pretty uneven sites. Get close to level with boards under tires and as long as you have enough under the leveling jacks I have no problems. My dealer told me up front, always have enough blocking under the levelers to avoid the over stroke issues.
Dbunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 11:11 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbunke View Post
Same here. I carry at least a dozen 2 x 6 x 16 boards as well as 4 4 x 6 x 8 for the back levelers. These are always in the back of my truck. I have been on some pretty uneven sites. Get close to level with boards under tires and as long as you have enough under the leveling jacks I have no problems. My dealer told me up front, always have enough blocking under the levelers to avoid the over stroke issues.
I eliminated 99.9% of all out-of-stroke errors by dropping the inner legs on my middle and rear jacks by two notches. Give it a try, works great!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 11:14 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
My Opinion- use some 2x6 scraps. I occasionally get out of stroke with my 5er, I carry 8 for my 6 point leveling. Probably never wear out and no big deal if left behind.
Here's a thread from "another" forum on them-

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...n-Jack-Buckets
2x6 and 2x8's work great, but with quality of wood today, they dont last.. I even coat them with enamel paint and they still crack in short time.. With today's cost of wood, the cost adds up quick. And here in Calif, we get to pay an added wood tax when we purchase any type of wood and now they are getting ready to add a disposal tax to wood... Crazy as hell when you consider plastics are far worse for environment over wood.
Old 10-08-2021, 06:02 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
I eliminated 99.9% of all out-of-stroke errors by dropping the inner legs on my middle and rear jacks by two notches. Give it a try, works great!
Yes, I too always drop the inner legs. I suspect that is why I don't have issues as well. Levels never travel much more than a couple inches.
Dbunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 12:10 PM   #20

I just bought 6 direct from Andersen and my fifth wheel is sitting on them now. The wind has been hitting 15-20 mph with very little movement from the trailer. I was getting out of stroke parking in front of my house due to road crown. My rig is about 14k loaded. The buckets were side loaded just a bit due to angle and they were slightly less round after 4 days like that but they straightened themselves back out within an hour. Anderson makes pads for underneath the blocks if the ground is unstable. I also have snap pads so the magnets don't work but the pads are only a couple inches from the blocks so it's not hard to line them up visually.