Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-24-2017, 07:17 PM   #1

Anti-Mouse Mod

I just completed my Anti-Mouse Mod on our 377. Put in about 4 layers of construction netting down and then aluminum window screen to prevent the expanding foam from dripping through. Gorilla glued the edges and sprayed 1/2 can of expanding foam on each leg. The construction netting is 1/4" wide and not sure what gauge wire but hoping it will deter the maddening rodents. Was somewhat easy to access for just had to remove our LP tanks on each side.

Last trip out I found that they had started eating the backing to my wheel covers while stored in the front basement so this is where I assume they were gaining access.
Attached Thumbnails
20170924_195427.jpg   20170924_195434.jpg  
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:45 PM   #2

When I found a pine cone in the basement of our 5th right behind the power panel I tried to come up with a similar solution but the front jacks were up to high in the aluminum trim to reach the point were the inner lower bottom leg might have been restricted by any wire and foam solution. So to deal with it quickly I took 2 plumbing vent stack aprons, about 16" or 18" square and cut one side to fit around the leg on the outside of the aluminum skirt, upside down, punched lace holes in it and laced it around the leg using any of the existing trim screws underneath and at the front to hold in place. On the top of the sides I used painters tape to hold it in place. Worked well, not leaving tape residue or removing paint in the spring when removed. As I was laying underneath I saw paw prints indicating a cat or raccoon was trying to look for an entry point from under the lp tanks. There was no apparent damage so I've kept an eye on that as well. I will revisit the solution after seeing your pictures for a more permanent fix. Thanks for the pictures.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote