Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2014, 11:34 PM   #1

Question Any leaking/moisture problems?

Hello all. I'm considering buying an Eagle HT 23.5. I was wondering what your experiences have been like with the Eagle HT models with the roof leaking and/or any condensation/mold problems. We live full time in a casita-type fiberglass FW currently, and while we haven't had any leaks after almost 2 years, in the winter down in San Antonio, we do fight condensation problems frequently.

Anyone have problems with theirs? Most interested in what you folks have encountered.

Thanks!
btrippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:42 AM   #2

I don't know about the condensation issue, but I can speak of my experiences with the HT line.
We've had more that what I feel are the normal amount of problems with our 5th wheel. (this is my second Jayco) I feel the overall quality/fit and finish is below average. Some of the problems: Have had/have issues with the living area slide working correctly. Gel coat cracks on the front cap. Screws coming up through the vinyl flooring. Floor squeaking. Pan draw slide mech. falling apart. Faucets breaking. Padding is gone in the recliner chairs already. There are more but this gives you an idea.
The dealer has be working with us, but that 150 mile round trip on my dime each trip.
If you go purchase an HT may sure the dealer demo's everything to your satisfaction before you give them a dime.
Good Luck
Bill
Old 04-21-2014, 09:18 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to JOF

Here are a couple JOF threads that may address controlling condensation:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...t=dehumidifier

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...idifier&page=3

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:33 PM   #4

Any leaking/moisture problems?

We have the Eagle HT 23.5 and have camped at cold temperature, used the furnace plenty. The only time we experienced condensation (just on the window panes) was during a heavy, very humid spring trip, torrential rains, the 3 dogs and us would come in wet and yuck! other than that, no problem with condensation. The bedroom gets too hot, being just behind the furnace, I plan on getting some heat re-routed to the back bathroom as it is cold, too far from the furnace. Lots of little problems at first, but the dealer fixed them all. This is going to be our 3rd summer with it and we use it really well. We tow with a Dodge Ram1500 and it tows very nicely. This unit is well insulated, (for an RV, it's not a house) and keeps the outside noises out compared to the previous TT we had.
https://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
condensation, eagle ht, leak, moisture, mold