Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-11-2017, 09:36 PM   #21

Has anyone had to manually close their slim rack slide. The rear motor is apprently not working the front of the slide went out about a foot and the rear went no where. Now the front motor wont bring the front of the slide back in. Fortunately the trailer is in the storage facility.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:35 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsacco View Post
Has anyone had to manually close their slim rack slide. The rear motor is apprently not working the front of the slide went out about a foot and the rear went no where. Now the front motor wont bring the front of the slide back in. Fortunately the trailer is in the storage facility.
Had a problem with the master Lippert walked me through the re timing process 574-537-8900.2017 are you still under warranty?
Attached Thumbnails
100_0357.1584.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 01:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Had a problem with the master Lippert walked me through the re timing process 574-537-8900.2017 are you still under warranty?

Went back over to the trailer this morning expecting to have to manually close the slide. Decided I would try to bring it in from the lcd panel again it came in a little and stopped, tried it again and it came in a little and quit. I was able to walk it all the way in this way. Then I tried putting it out again and the entire slide went out and came back in. I was able to extend it and retract it several times with no trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2017, 04:55 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsacco View Post
Went back over to the trailer this morning expecting to have to manually close the slide. Decided I would try to bring it in from the lcd panel again it came in a little and stopped, tried it again and it came in a little and quit. I was able to walk it all the way in this way. Then I tried putting it out again and the entire slide went out and came back in. I was able to extend it and retract it several times with no trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have full solar set up don't worry about batteries being at full charge anymore.But it seems like those slide pull a lot of amps.A Lippert tech told me never open or close those slides partially.And when fully opened or closed hold button an additional 4 seconds.Don't know why but really have not had any problems for two years. Knock on wood LOL!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:44 PM   #25

[*Menu

ForumsNew PostsInbox

Home*>*Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes*>*Jayco Fifth Wheels*>*Jayco Pinnacle

PreviewI have a 2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS. It's got the plush and well designed layout. It has a lot of incredible features.*
However. The swing tech 12 ft. Super slide is a terribly unreliable mechanism. We had our Mother's Day weekend ruined due to the total failure of our slide. It's a constant problem and worry for us when we extend the slide. The motors do not stay synchronized. As a result, the slide extends and retracts crooked and binds in the opening. Ours bound up to the point where I spent hours on the phone with Jayco, Lippert, and Jayco service techs trying to get information on how to manually close the slide. No one could provide a method for securing the slide for transporting it safely home. We had to tow it 75 miles on winding mountain roads to the jayco dealer on mothers day. Additionally, the residential whirlpool refrigerator latch will not stay securely latched during transport. So we had to clean up milk. Beer, pickles, and eggs when we arrived at the RV Park. It was Very unnerving and frustrating to spend so much on a Luxury RV to have deal with
Attached Thumbnails
20190512_124114.jpg   IMG_15401.jpg   20190512_124108.jpg  
sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:54 AM   #26

First let me say I always have my 381 DLQS plugged into shore power before disconnecting from the truck.

I too have the slim-track appliance slide and my lower rear track also has the same appearance (the front upper rack is also close).

My question is in the disconnecting from the truck and positioning of the landing gear, before auto leveling. I have reservations on level and no doubt will recalibrate the auto-level soon.

After choosing the site to camp; I used to drop the front landing gear feet to the ground and then raise the RV to disconnect the truck. Not paying to much attention to ground levelness of the camp site (I do love COE/State Parks)

The reasoning to lower the landing feet to the ground was to ensure my tri-pod can fit under the kingpin. The North Points run very low in the front and after auto leveling I have noticed the rear tires were often off the ground (sometimes) more so then not when there is a down slope of the ground (front to rear).

Not sure when I noticed the "rack" on appliance slide close to touching (like the pictures show). I never liked the idea of the rear tires off the ground when level, so one day I left the landing gear feet up and just lowered the legs to disconnect. After auto leveling the rear tires are on the ground. The tri-pod is now to high and will not fit so I'll deal with that one later.

Now the rack on the appliance slide has moved away from the wall of the slide. Much campfire talk and phone conversations with techs (Jayco/mobile/Dealer) later I am left wondering is "Frame Camber" when leveled and the trailer tires off the ground, something for a design review? Additionally, I once camped next to a sister NP and noticed the rams in rear were not in the same location as mine. I guess on any given day at the shop?

I also believe slim-track slides need a more frequent maintenance lubrication to their system? Maybe the size and weight?

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 10:33 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaandDon View Post
so one day I left the landing gear feet up and just lowered the legs to disconnect.
Don, are you saying you pull the pin and lower the inner leg? How far down?
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:54 AM   #28

Track

2018 North Point 377

Same issue on kitchen slide.
Right side facing bottom is touching sidewall
Right side facing top lots of room
Left side facing slide top and bottom plenty of distance.

When bringing the slide in the frig side always gets ahead of the other side.
Tried all the adjustments, in/out x times, etc...

Taking to the factory the end of September for the stress crack on the bedroom side and having this looked at too as well as several other warranty items.
Attached Thumbnails
Kitchen slide RV rear bottom.jpg   Kitchen slide RV rear top.jpg  
2018 North Point 377RLBH, Roadmaster Comfort Ride, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Flexair 21k Pinbox, Victron MultiPlus II 2x120v 12v, power distribution, solar controller, smart shunt, 1000w of solar panels, 4 Lifepo4 200ah batteries
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC DRW LB 6.7, Air Lift 7500XL with Air Lift dual channel wireless
bill3kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:42 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoker TX View Post
Mine is almost touching the side wall. Dealer says it is normal, but it is only bottom rail close to the rear that is this close to side wall. The other 3 are straight and look like the 2nd photo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
It looks like that track pushes the side out and pulls it in. When pushing the track would be under compression which could explain the bend. If it’s the only one doing that it may be under more strain than the others. If you retract the slide an inch or so does it straighten? “It’s normal” seems to be the standard explanation and implies “it’s normal till it breaks”.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:39 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill3kirk View Post
2018 North Point 377

Same issue on kitchen slide.
Right side facing bottom is touching sidewall
Right side facing top lots of room
Left side facing slide top and bottom plenty of distance.

When bringing the slide in the frig side always gets ahead of the other side.
Tried all the adjustments, in/out x times, etc...

Taking to the factory the end of September for the stress crack on the bedroom side and having this looked at too as well as several other warranty items.
When mine is fully contracted there is an equal space between the rack and the side of the slide, both top and bottom. It does not touch the side of the slide at all.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 05-13-2019, 07:38 PM   #31

Guys
I would not even worry about it touching or not. IT WORKS!!! The rest of us have to pray to the Schwintec Gods!!!!!!!!
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:42 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Don, are you saying you pull the pin and lower the inner leg? How far down?
I used to lower the feet 4 or 5 holes before pinning.

Not any more.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
Old 05-13-2019, 07:45 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoker TX View Post
Mine is almost touching the side wall. Dealer says it is normal, but it is only bottom rail close to the rear that is this close to side wall. The other 3 are straight and look like the 2nd photo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Mine are the same way. Doesn't seem to impact operation though.

2021 Coachmen Freelander 29KB
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
NSA Ready Brute Elite II tow bar
Springhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:53 PM   #34

Quote:

Not any more.
So you just use the landing jacks and don't lower the pads with the pins? Interesting.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 05-13-2019, 11:47 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Guys
I would not even worry about it touching or not. IT WORKS!!! The rest of us have to pray to the Schwintec Gods!!!!!!!!
Now this is funny, lol.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:44 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
So you just use the landing jacks and don't lower the pads with the pins? Interesting.
This is true. I don't use location pin holes unless its the side to side unlevel ground that needs it. Then it will only be maybe two holes.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
Old 06-11-2019, 08:46 AM   #37

Quote:

Not any more.
Don, so you're saying you do not lower the inner leg at all?
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 06-12-2019, 01:20 PM   #38

Angry Schwintech slides do not belong on large, heavy slides.

Our 2016 36FBTS was sitting at the service center of our dealer while Jayco and Lippert took turns trying to fix our large kitchen slide. It was so bad that it dug into the kitchen floor. It was tied up for 9 months. We missed several planned trips. Jayco would not reimburse us for the loss of use. It was under warranty the whole time it was tied up. Once it was finally "fixed," we decided we did not trust it and purchased a another brand of RV.
jackiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:58 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiebeth View Post
Our 2016 36FBTS was sitting at the service center of our dealer while Jayco and Lippert took turns trying to fix our large kitchen slide. It was so bad that it dug into the kitchen floor. It was tied up for 9 months. We missed several planned trips. Jayco would not reimburse us for the loss of use. It was under warranty the whole time it was tied up. Once it was finally "fixed," we decided we did not trust it and purchased a another brand of RV.
Looking at several other high end manufacturers, they use the rack and pinion style slide on the big kitchen slide. What does that tell you!
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 10-16-2019, 09:23 AM   #40

My 2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS kitchen/entertainment slide looks the same way, lower rack is bowed and upper is straight. I did have an issue the second time I tried to operate the slide, it would move out about an inch or two then quit. Let go of the switch and press it again and same thing. Since we were miles away from the selling dealer camping and the local Jayco Dealer "Was Far Too Busy" and could not look at it for at least 2 months I ended up diagnosing and repairing it myself. It was a broken feedback wire at the rear motor connection. Removed the connector pin and soldered the wire back in place, problem solved. I just need to figure out the proper lubrication maintenance as it it squeaks when operating it.