Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-11-2017, 07:42 PM   #1

Any word on the 2018 Jayco Pinnacle?

OK I saw the write up on the North Point 2018 Changes. I am getting close to pulling the trigger on a new Pinnacle. Just wondered if anyone sees anything on the Pinnacle changes. I checked Jayco's site and no updates.
Steve
priv8pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:13 PM   #2

One change for sure is the stove/oven combo. The late model 17's have a separate stove top and a larger oven by Furion. Much nicer than the smaller combo that is in the earlier models. As far as I can tell that is the only major change that I noticed. Hope this helps

2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Dually 6.7L HO Turbo Diesel with Aisin Tranny
50 Gal. Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
2014 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins (Sold)
2017 Pinnacle 36KPTS
Wampuscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:40 PM   #3

That sounds good. It is so hard to find out any strong information on these trailers. I see a big list on the North Point but cant find any info on the Pinnacle. Not even on Jayco's web site. An example is the water heater. Brand? tank size? Hard to find or I am looking in the wrong place. This is such a large purchase for me and I have been researching for months and months. I just want specifics. And pictures.... I want lots of pics!!
priv8pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:03 PM   #4

I bet if you call Jayco they will get you a list.
Tell them you are ready to order and you need to know.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:48 AM   #5

Dealer confirmed the first 2018 Pinnacles will come of the line in June. He also mentioned the Pinnacle REFS that had patio doors in 2017 will be replaced with a large picture window in 2018. Also Jayco has said the changes for 2018 will not be punlsihed on the website till May/June timeframe. I waiting for the overall 2018 change listing too and will post if I get it soon.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2017, 08:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by priv8pilot View Post
That sounds good. It is so hard to find out any strong information on these trailers. I see a big list on the North Point but cant find any info on the Pinnacle. Not even on Jayco's web site. An example is the water heater. Brand? tank size? Hard to find or I am looking in the wrong place. This is such a large purchase for me and I have been researching for months and months. I just want specifics. And pictures.... I want lots of pics!!
They don't seem to post much on the details on things they are buying from other vendors in the owner's manuals like appliances. If you download the manual from Jayco or even the one that comes with the camper which is exactly the same as the online PDF it will just cover general stuff and it tells you to reference the owner's manual for the actual product from the manufacturer for details. When we bought the camper it came with a big blue canvas bag that has all the manuals in it. When they go through installing appliances and components all the manuals get stuffed in this bag and it is in the camper.

My guess is this saves them time and effort. While it would be great to have everything in one manual, that would mean as the manufacturer of these components make changes they would constantly be updating the manual. This way they can just get everyone used to the process of going to your big stack of manuals for details on your exact appliance which is probably more up to date anyhow. It makes it harder when it comes to shopping for a new camper because you don't know what is in it for appliances but it may mean that they can be more flexible. Jayco is trying to keep cranking these units out as fast as they can to keep up with demand and keep costs down as much as possible. If a supplier has an issue with their production line the trickle down could stop Jayco production. This way they can swap out components based on availability. Normally it seems that they use a lot of Atwood water heaters for the tank versions. But if they had an issue it would be easy for them to change brands to something else. Also they tend to make changes but then will use up existing stock first. For instance the 2017 Jay Feather 25BH that I have has full LED lights inside and out. However mine was built in November 2016. I have seen photos of other earlier 2017 model year campers that don't have LED external lights. The tail and marker lights are the same as the 2016 which indicates that they made the change however it was a rolling change once stock was depleted. In fact I have found examples of 3 different taillight designs that have been used in the 2017 25BH. That seems really odd but it may be the case of a substitution made because of supply issues on the production line. No need to hold up production for a component when there is another on hand that is an acceptable replacement.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grawe View Post
Dealer confirmed the first 2018 Pinnacles will come of the line in June. He also mentioned the Pinnacle REFS that had patio doors in 2017 will be replaced with a large picture window in 2018. Also Jayco has said the changes for 2018 will not be punlsihed on the website till May/June timeframe. I waiting for the overall 2018 change listing too and will post if I get it soon.

Interesting that the Pinnacle REFS Patio door will be replaced with a large picture window in 2018. Good information.

Wonder if the Designer model will go from patio door to large picture window?
bsla11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #8

Agreed, the patio door was one of the things that I liked about that floorplan. Maybe they are matching the North Point rear living room; it has a step up to allow a massive rear, pass through basement storage area.

Not sure what they are doing with the Designer series.

Old 08-27-2017, 08:11 PM   #9

Well we have a 1 week old 2018 Designer and patio door is gone and replaced with a large window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bsla11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:43 PM   #10

I heard they are going back to the tank water heater. Not sure what the tank/gallon holds.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 04:47 PM   #11

Still an option either way i believe, we have tanked heater and it works perfectly.

Old 09-04-2017, 10:03 AM   #12

Tank less water heater is a cultural adjustment, for me anyway. I don't boondock but I do like state and corps camping. My previous 5r was a bunkhouse model, with both tanked WH and dual black tanks. My NP only has one black tank and tank less, that is a big cultural shift, as I was able to camp without dumping easily for two weeks at a time. Now I automatically connect the honey wagon and monitor the tanks a little more closely. At the end of the day, I would not recommend the tank less water heater if your a boondock'r.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:14 PM   #13

After camping in my 2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS here are a few observations:
1. I did not think we would like the Mor-Ryde Step system, but after using it I find it much more stable and easier for my Wife to get in and out.
2. As far as the Tankless water heater I like it. (we do not boondock) Every so often I get a no ignition error, but just turning off the faucet then turning back on seems to correct the situation.
3. Grey water tank for the bathroom fills up much faster than my 2012 36KPTS. It is either smaller, or the shower head has much more flow. (I installed a flow restricter and helped a bit)
4. The dual air has no problems keeping it cool inside, even in 90+ degree weather. Much, Much quieter than our 2012.

Only downside so far is I still have not gotten a definitive answer from Jayco or Whirlpool as to the proper way to winterize the refrigerator to make sure all the water is out of the ice maker and valves.
rdlouks is offline   Reply With Quote