Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-26-2016, 10:15 AM   #1

Anybody bought from RVDirect

New to Jayco, we have a Eagle 323LKTS, we like it but since we saw the NorthPoint 377RLBH it's like the trailer we need.

I have a crazy good price offer from RVDirect on a custom order one but wanted to know if anybody had experience with them and could share with us.

Thanks
Thierry
tiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:28 AM   #2

Anybody bough from RVDirect

Well it's the exact same company if you have an RV One dealer nearby.
Don't know my geography-- how far are you from Buffalo or Albany NY?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also the Eagle 355 Mbqs is close to the same floorplan as the NP 377 but probably $15-20 K cheaper.
Larry Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:29 AM   #3

Good experience from them. Their PDI was very good and they had no issues with me going over everything I wanted to. Our 5th was hooked to power and water and we gave it a good going over.
That said, my local dealer will not work on it. At all. To the point of being rude about it. I tried for a month to buy from the local dealer, but they wanted me to take what was on the lot, and were going to charge much more to order what I wanted.
I finally got a quote from RVOne/RVDirect. Was $8000 less than the best price local would give me. Gave the local guy one more chance to order what I wanted at even close to the price (I would have taken within $2000-$2500 of the RVOne price.) Salesman told me it wasn't worth his time to sell me one at that price, and good luck getting service if I bought elsewhere. Sigh.......
Jayco has let me use an independent service guy for a couple of issues, but it has been a bit of a hassle...
Old 08-26-2016, 11:41 AM   #4

Thanks boys,

It's exactly the situation we are in. The dealer has a 377RLBH on the lot that is the unit we want but he want over 12k$ more than RVDirect.

When we put the numbers in front of him and explaining that we were ready to pay 3000$ to 5000$ more that the RVDirect price because we understand he has to maintain a service facility and showroom he basically told us Go to H.. and good luck buying from them, they will probably not do a good PDI and you'll be stuck with a unit that nobody want to service...

Whaoo it's a little like a salesman that tell you he is selling the best product in the world and when you said ok I take it and he start to be in the Extended warranty mode he switch his way of mind telling you that you just bought the worst product and you NEED to have extended warranty.

So he will probably end up keeping the unit on the lot for a couple of months and paying interest fees on the credit margin he used to pay the unit but he don't want to sell it right away.

Thierry
tiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:42 AM   #5

RV One has two local Jayco dealers ( Orlando and Tampa) near me. I'm just a little concerned about reviews regarding service on both, but I guess that's the nature of the RV business.

Old 08-26-2016, 01:04 PM   #6

I highly recommend RVDirect it's a 5 star operation. We ordered our 2015 White Hawk 27 DSRL from them, they were several hundred dollars less then other online dealers and a couple thousand cheaper then my local dealer was willing to sell for. We ordered with the intention of picking it up at the factory in Indiana. We live in CA, I'm retired but the wife still works so we asked if the factory could hold onto the trailer for 4-6 weeks after it was built so we could firm up our travel plans. RVDirect said it was no problem. A family emergency came up and we had to cut our vacation short and I contacted RVDirect to have the trailer shipped to their dealership, Des Moines RV in Iowa. Again no problem, I paid the shipping charges which were listed on their website, no extra hidden charges were tacked on. The emergency turned out to be a death in the family and we had to cancel the trip to pickup the trailer. I contacted RVDirect and they in turn contacted Des Moines RV and arranged to have the dealer hold onto our trailer until the next summer when we could pick it up. No charges, no fees just excellent customer service.
rgchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:20 PM   #7

I used their pricing as leverage when buying my camper. I was using my dealers WiFi and they had RVDirect site blocked. Used data and got an RVDirect price. The unit on the dealers lot was optioned slightly different but at least I had a good starting point. The RV One dealer was only about another hour away and I should have taken the trip. Had a pretty bad buying experience. When I trade up I will use RVdirect for sure.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:34 PM   #8

Just purchased a 2017 North Point 377rlbh two weeks ago from RV Direct (RV One in Des Moines, IA).

We had much the same experience as tiju with our local dealer. However, I haven't attempted to get service from the the local dealer yet. I guess we'll see how that goes when the time comes.

We really tried to do business locally, but the dealer (Camping World) wasn't even in the same ballpark price-wise. I was actually very surprised when I got the quote from RV Direct. I've read in a number of forums that if you can can negotiate 25-30% off MSRP, you can rest assured you got a good deal. RV Direct was almost 36% lower than MSRP! The 1000 mile drive to Des Moines to pick it up was well worth it.

I called the local dealer back after getting a quote from RV Direct, I told them the price I'd been quoted and his exact words were, "At that price, if I were you, I'd buy it." Then he went on to tell me what a horrible buying experience I was going to have and tried to convince me that buying locally was well worth the extra $10k.

A couple of days later, I got an email from the salesman at Camping World asking if I was ready to come back in and purchase the unit we looked at. I couldn't help myself...I responded and told him that I'd taken his advice and pulled the trigger on the unit that was $10k less than what they wanted for theirs. Never heard back from him...kind of hurt my feelings.

We had a really good experience with the RV One dealer in Des Moines. The PDI went very well. It was obvious that they had spent time going through the unit thoroughly before we arrived. We only found one minor issue we wanted addressed and they took care of it quickly. They took their time with us and answered all of our questions.

The only issue I really had was getting my credit union and the RV One people on the same page concerning the wire transfer of the funds. That took longer and more effort than it should have, but once we got over that hurdle, it was smooth sailing from there.

My wife and my credit union were both very suspicious of the price...it seemed too good to be true. Truth be told, I was a little nervous about it myself. When we drove off the lot with the new North Point in tow, I told my wife, "See, I told you everything would be OK." Little did she know I'd already chewed my fingernails down to the nub.

In short, I would definitely do business with them again and I would certainly refer family and friends without hesitation.
Catholic for a reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 05:54 PM   #9

Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mac View Post
RV One has two local Jayco dealers ( Orlando and Tampa) near me. I'm just a little concerned about reviews regarding service on both, but I guess that's the nature of the RV business.

Don't know about Orlando, but Tampa service is terrible!!!!
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 05:59 PM   #10

Anybody bought from RVDirect

The primary negative I have heard about the Orlando( actually in Winter Park) RV one service dept is they are often backed up where it might take 3-4 weeks before you get serviced.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiju View Post
New to Jayco, we have a Eagle 323LKTS, we like it but since we saw the NorthPoint 377RLBH it's like the trailer we need.

I have a crazy good price offer from RVDirect on a custom order one but wanted to know if anybody had experience with them and could share with us.

Thanks
Thierry

My sister in law bought her camper from the Orlando RVDirect/RVOne about 2 years ago and was very happy with the whole process.

This past April we ordered our current camper from Albany RVDirect/RVOne and couldn't have been happier. Everything went very smooth. I contacted the dealer I bought my first camper from and some dealers mentioned on here to have good prices and none could match RVOne. My saleslady Jessicah was awesome. If we every decide to buy another camper she will be my first call...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:44 PM   #12
Site Team

Thread on the subject with links to other threads.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f1...git-29449.html
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 09:14 PM   #13

Rv direct Albany was excellent got my 2014 Greyhawk new 40% off list. Jeff blair salesperson and very nice guy.
thecampingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:03 PM   #14

2 time buyer from RV Direct

Part 1: I bought a new 2012 X17Z expandable from RV One / RV Direct and the price killed everybody in the eastern USA. After a year I sold for almost what I paid for it as we wanted to go larger. I sold cars for 8 years and I know all the sales tactics and have figured out that RV dealers are usually making a ton of $ on these units, especially when compared to cars and trucks. The best part is there was literally no negotiation. They gave me a great price and did everything they promised.

Part 2: We bought a new 2013 Heartland Trail Runner 25 SLE to replace the Jayco from another online dealer in Ohio. Great price, great experience.....

Part 3: 8-24-16 We had our vacation booked in Gettysburg Pa. area and I thought I'd get a new queen mattress to replace the crappy stock one. I hadn't camped since Oct 2015 which was the last time I checked the roof. When measuring the bed, I stepped on the floor next to the bed and almost went through it. To make a long story short, there was so much water damage that the 3 year old camper was a total loss. Our vacation was booked for Sept. 17 and we had no camper. I had been really dissatisfied with the Heartland Trailer and had been looking at the Jayco 23RLSW online. So now with insurance paying off old camper and vacation booked, I went online and checked RV One's inventory (which is really easy to do compared to most dealers) and they had 1 of the model I wanted left in stock. I called and got a quote which once again the price killed every other quote I had gotten. No negotiation needed. I explained to them my vacation situation and they were perfect. I picked it up the weekend before vacation and had a great time in new trailer.

These rv dealers have a good thing going and because it's hard to search and compare apples to apples, They are pretty arrogant about discounting prices. I think the rv show prices are a joke compared to these online dealers. And then the big " we won't service it threat". Ignore it, they make a bundle on service. On top of all of this, RV One gave me the best finance rate I could find. This company has done right by me although I'm sure they have their problems like everyone else. One local service manager told me that if I wanted a problem free RV go to a Holiday Inn instead.

PS: I've only been to their Albany NY facility and it is impressive. Check you roof and your insurance coverage. From what I've found out water damage is tricky to find and get covered.
chesterBurnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:00 AM   #15

I stopped at the Albany RVOne on my way home from a recent trip to buy a cover and some assorted parts. We didn't from them (But clearly should have) as they were an hour further away then the dealer we purchased from (Camping World - where we had a horrible buying experience).

The RVOne parts guy said and I quote "Our only issue here is our service department" Brutally honest of him to say that but online reviews do bear that out.

Regardless, I will likely be purchasing my next RV from them.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:20 AM   #16

If you're retired and travel a lot what good is a local dealer going to do.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 11:58 AM   #17

I would rather save $8,000 and take my chances with a local independent RV repair shop. I have the same issue where I live on the west coast. One dealer for SOB. They think their trailers all come with a pot of gold. After owning 3 trailers in the last 7 years and not having any major problems that needed dealer repair, I'd definitely go out of town or out of state to save $$$$$.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:08 PM   #18

I guess when it comes to dealerships I'm very lucky. I've only had issue with one of three dealers and that one isn't even in business anymore. When I bought my 2014 eagle HT the savings wasn't worth it by the time I traveled to pick it up or had it delivered. I guess it all depends on the dealerships and I seem to have a good one near me.

jco83
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT
with max trailer package (NHT)

2014 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
jco83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:57 PM   #19

If it's rv one in Albany ny stay away .there customer service and communication simply sucks. I purchased a 2017 eagle HT bhds 29.5 back in June they never return calls jacks in rear were to low from factory power cord smoked at the pre inspection have yet to receive replacement cord many other issues take my advice and just stay away .once they sell unit to you your on your own.Im getting warranted work done by Garrick rv in jersey and if I ever need any additional work done Garrick rv is top
Notch
Critter357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:29 PM   #20

We bought our travel trailer (used) from Tampa. We are happy with the purchase, but since it is not under warranty, I would not have it serviced there because it is a two hour ride. The reviews were terrible. If I had read them first, I would have not gone there. But, I realize that for every bad review, there is probably 20 good that never were written. Other than waiting for 2 weeks for delivery (claimed they had to clear the tile) everything was great. Our sales lady Laurie was fantastic. She was young, but if she did not know an answer, she said so and found out. I am in sales and would love her working for me! I cannot speak for their service dept.

"Let the Reel Cool Times Roll !!!!!
ReelCool is offline   Reply With Quote