Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-05-2017, 03:52 PM   #1

Anyone else have this?

Ok, so I also have several seam tapes that keep lifting on four spots on outside walls. No big deal with that but this might be a big deal. Since I have to get on a ladder to smooth the lifting seam tape in the middle where kitchen slide is on my Pinnacle I just left it be.

So today I get my ladder and smooth out the seam above the middle of my kitchen slide. I than go to smooth the ones over top of each end. Well it is not a seam tape the wall is off set by an 1/8 of an inch like a crack. Almost like the ends of the kitchen slide is splitting and pushing in the inside wall laminate. See my pics anyone else have this?
Rock
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7355.jpg   IMG_7357.jpg  
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 04:32 PM   #2

That shouldn't be! I'd get that to a dealer before the warranty ends!

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 05:43 PM   #3

I am already bringing it to the factory for the roof and slide problems. My out riggers folded down so maybe that cracked the inside wall when my slide tilted down . Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Rock
Old 05-05-2017, 07:02 PM   #4

Hey rock, The last two technicians that came into my unit said, what the He11 is going on with your walls??? I've got tape that's lifting and bubbling in many places. That's not a big deal really to fix. But if your wall itself is coming loose and lifting the joiner strip that's another. I have some of that around my slides corners and the center of the main slide. And adjacent walls. If you look at one of those photos you'll see staining I've had since day 1. My rear bathroom has that staining on all walls that I reported right after taking delivery. Its like the adhesive is bleeding through the paper. I didn't notice it until I got good lighting by opening the outside door. I've got 200 miles total towing on the unit. Back and forth to the dealer and that's it. And this is just a small percentage of my problems
I would definitely have it check out when you take it in.
Attached Thumbnails
rsz_wall#1.jpg   20160415_133926_resized - Copy.jpg   rsz_item_#32-2_1.jpg   rsz_item_#35.jpg  

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:54 AM   #5

Shadster
I Just got up on the ladder and tapping on each side that is a seam running all the way to the top. Looking down behind the slide with a mirror u can see where the slide is up against this piece. So thankfully it is not split laminate. The forward end of my curb slide is doing the same thing. i put some painters tape and marked where the separation stops.

I will be moving to two new parks next month so I will see if this gets worse over the 700 miles towing. I will see in Oct at factory if they can reinforce from the backside when slide is removed.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
I am already bringing it to the factory for the roof and slide problems. My out riggers folded down so maybe that cracked the inside wall when my slide tilted down . Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Rock
Well I just bought a 321rsts and it's been at the dealer now going on 2 mths, because they have not been able to fix the large slide, with the resident size fridge in it, it will not completely square up and seal when closed, starting to get pissed about it.

What was your slide problem?
Puddle Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:17 PM   #7

Pirate
My problem was the outriggers under the slide bent down causing the slide to bind up. Jayco has done a good job on building the units square but if the floor drops so does the slide. They had an outrigger problem on lippert frames but that should of been fixed. If that is a new unit and two months no clue to fix call Jayco. There tech warranty people r great. Let them know what is going on and get them involved.
Rock
Old 05-06-2017, 07:36 PM   #8

Thks they are, but we had to jack it up to another level on how to fix my problem. At this point so far no one knows how to fix it, on the lighter side I have been all over this unit with a fine tooth comb, and that's the only problem, we had a few issues and fixes that they found, it's a nice unit, just hope this does not tern into a problem
Old 05-07-2017, 07:41 AM   #9

Pirate
See u r in Clearwater. We r to until June 1 than to the panhandle. Enjoy your RV they r nice units.
Rock
Old 05-07-2017, 09:32 AM   #10

Wall seam tape

Have same issue on 16 Eagle RSTS, the seam tape which runs vertical in the center of the kitchen slide.I figured something was moving!Any one know what causes these roller marks underneath the kitchen slide?Taking camper in for roof replacement and a whole list of other stuff.Not to speak of the crappy mattress June 5th!
Attached Thumbnails
Roller 3.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:10 AM   #11

What appears to be one real bad mark in the picture could be 1 roller to high, they just added 2 more to my new unit. Haven't even taken home yet.

It could also be stuck, not rolling they are just nylon I believe.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Ok, so I also have several seam tapes that keep lifting on four spots on outside walls. No big deal with that but this might be a big deal. Since I have to get on a ladder to smooth the lifting seam tape in the middle where kitchen slide is on my Pinnacle I just left it be.

So today I get my ladder and smooth out the seam above the middle of my kitchen slide. I than go to smooth the ones over top of each end. Well it is not a seam tape the wall is off set by an 1/8 of an inch like a crack. Almost like the ends of the kitchen slide is splitting and pushing in the inside wall laminate. See my pics anyone else have this?
Rock

Saw mine doing that too. Traced it to my frame twisting a little when I put the scissor jacks down. When the jacks were up, it didn't do that.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:21 PM   #13

Thanks there are actually similar roller marks at the other end also. Going in for roof replacement June 5th. Looks like more stuff needs to be added!
Old 05-07-2017, 01:16 PM   #14

That is interesting that yours does it flexing the frame with scissor jacks. Tomorrow I am bring in all slides and re leveling. I have been in the place for six months and did this twice since my site is dirt. Leaving 1 June and just want to make sure all is well since my outrigger repair. I will check those seams to see what mine does. I know when I auto level I can see the unit lift and flex some. I will post what I see.
Rock
Old 05-08-2017, 09:50 AM   #15

Hey Rock- ours does the same thing in several spots. Actually, every unit we have ever had has done it somewhere. I think it's from all the flexing that goes on when traveling/setting up. When do you come north? We got home April 14th. Last few days here have been high 30's-40's and rain. Just lovely!! How's the house coming?
Old 05-08-2017, 11:50 AM   #16

Finger lakes
I will give u a buzz this week. Look up my post thanks to Fingerlakes

Not going to Keene this year. Heading to Tyndall AFB June 1 than heading to Navy Mayport June 18 July 10 than back to Tyndall. They say my home should be ready in Sept. Better be heading to the Jayco Factory have to be there Oct 10
Rock
Old 05-09-2017, 05:21 AM   #17

Well after numerous attempt to level I gave that up. But each time I checked my slide wall joints and there was no difference before or after leveling. With slides in u can get up top and see it is the slide pushing the wall joint in.
Rock
Old 05-09-2017, 05:48 AM   #18

Well my new 321RSTS is still at the dealer, went there Monday, they asked me to start calling Jayco Cust service, they have been waiting for them to approve more work on the slide, well I did, I guess I was able to get the point across, they called back the dealer and dealer called me to let me know-----they, Jayco said they will have a plan this morning and a approval to fix my slide, we shall see--------

You can see the problem, there first fix was to put a larger 1" gasket in place of the stock smaller one, and add 2 more rollers---really---you can still see the problem---will not close tight---by there standards it has to have at 50 percent compression --50-25% is preferred. Well at least they tried--
Attached Thumbnails
20170508_120127[1].jpg  
Old 05-09-2017, 08:47 AM   #19

Hi were is that view in the pic? We have same camper. Thanks
Old 05-09-2017, 10:53 AM   #20

Kitchen slide back bottom corner towards the back of the camper actually it's all the way up the side all the way up to the top the bottom is the worst the top is tucked in a little bit tighter but still not good enough