Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #1

Question Anyone got a Eagle Premier 321RLTS?

Thought I wanted a Pinnacle 31RLTS, but saw a Premier at a dealer lot and like the floor plan much better than the Pinnacle. Just curious if any one has one and how you like it. I like all but the puny pass through storage. But I probably can learn to carry less "stuff"!
I am especially curious about the TV hanging on the back wall, does it ride OK? Lots of bouncing around goes on back there. Any how I thought the best place to find out how it is liked is to ask here. I see it has the Schwinteck slide in the bedroom. Are the problems worked out on that?
Thanks for any and all replies!
Vietnam Vet USMC
judgerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #2

I would just be aware that some "early adopters" had some problems with that system, if it's the one with the worm gears on each side of the slide. Ours would not work correctly and we had it back to the dealer three times before it was right. Worked great this last summer and I have tried it this spring and still seems to be working ok. Ours was a 2012 model HT 26.5 RLS, not a higher end Premier, bought in January 2012.
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
Site Team

We have the 351. No problems w/ TV or br slide. Don't forget the storage in the front compartment. We were close to getting a 321 but found this one left over on the lot. Great fp.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #4

Just bought a new 321 a few weeks ago, we are using it this weekend for the first time. So far I haven't found anything I don't like about it. It seems to be well built.
jdoddharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #5

Thanks for the replies! I know about the front storage, but it is smaller than the storage in my old Designer also. So I would lose in both places.
Sounds like maybe the slide problem is fixed or fixable! I have more looking to do, don't want to rush ino anything. But want to stay as lite as possible. Doesn't seem to be many in use, so not many replies.
thanks again!
Vietnam Vet USMC
Old 04-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #6

We have an 2012 Eagle 321RLTS. I guess its the same except the Premier is a newer model that has some upgrades and a different color scheme. The only thing I didnt like was the D rated tires which I changed. We haven't had any problems with the rear mounted TV or the BR slide.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #7

We have an 11 321RLTS and the TV at the rear had one issue which my dealer solved.The mount is too low so the remote had to be held up high and pointed downward to change channels.Hayes added a 2x4 block on the floor and all is well in tv land.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #8

Thanks again to all! that's what I wanted to hear!
Vietnam Vet USMC
Old 04-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
We have an 11 321RLTS and the TV at the rear had one issue which my dealer solved.The mount is too low so the remote had to be held up high and pointed downward to change channels.Hayes added a 2x4 block on the floor and all is well in tv land.
Any way you could post a pic of the fix. We have that same complaint and I have to do the same thing to overcome it.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 04-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #10

You just remove the mount and put a spacer on the floor and reinstall mount.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #11

I have a 2013 321 RLTS Eagle Premier. I have only had it out once But have had no problems whatsoever With the slide out in the bedroom. My biggest complaint is the lack of storage in the pass-through compartment. I agree That it is quite small Compared to the 2011 pinnacle that I traded in for this Unit. I have learned to pack better and pack fewer items. All in all I am very happy with this unit. It is about 5 feet shorter and 1500 pounds lighter than the pinnacle that I had. Makes it much easier to maneuver and get into tighter spots. That is the main reason that I traded for this unit.
djalbrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #12

Judgerr, I have a 2012 321 RLTS that my wife and I love. We purchased it July last year and last night was our 62 night in it. I purchased it from a dealership in Dover, FL just outside of Tampa and towed it back 1000 miles to Louisiana. No issues with the TV on the back wall as it is locked in to the bracket. Have opened and closed all the slides no telling how many times and have not had any issues. Tows great behind my 2007 GMC 2500 HD with Duramax. Storage compartment is small but I added a shelf that is about 8 inches from the top ceiling of the compartment. Made it out of 3/4 inch plywood so it would not sag. I put light weight thing and two folding tables up there. Everything else is in clear totes with lids, one for electrical, one for fresh water things, and the other for black water connections, hoses, etc. I also carry a 20 ton bottle jack and have no issues with keeping what I need in the compartment when traveling. I have had a few trips but it has spent most of its time at Lake Fork in Texas. The only thing I do not like is that it came with Load Range D tires. They will be replaced in the future with E tires. Only issue I had with 5th wheel is the bedroom door would not open from inside the bedroom. Door knob would not pull the striker back far enough to release from door jamb. I swapped the bedroom door knob with the bathroom one and everything works great now. Hope this helps.
LA Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #13

Dave and Cathie 321

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgerr View Post
Thought I wanted a Pinnacle 31RLTS, but saw a Premier at a dealer lot and like the floor plan much better than the Pinnacle. Just curious if any one has one and how you like it. I like all but the puny pass through storage. But I probably can learn to carry less "stuff"!
I am especially curious about the TV hanging on the back wall, does it ride OK? Lots of bouncing around goes on back there. Any how I thought the best place to find out how it is liked is to ask here. I see it has the Schwinteck slide in the bedroom. Are the problems worked out on that?
Thanks for any and all replies!
We have 2012 321...5 months in Florida...all things were great...TV never moved and slides are good...enjoy.
Eagle321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Doesn't seem to be many in use, so not many replies.
thanks again!
I am pretty sure the 321 is one of the best sellers in the Eagle fifth wheel line. Plenty of them out there, maybe they are just out enjoying it! LOL
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 06-16-2013, 04:28 AM   #15

thanks for the input everyone. It is sounding great. Wife and I are really getting anxcious! Our new unit is supposed to come in the end of this month. Morelikely the first part of July I suspect! Really getting close now. But the old Designer is still quite comfortable, spent over 1300 nights in it so far. Sort of hate to give it up in a strange way! Been a good Camper for us!
Vietnam Vet USMC
Old 06-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #16

Quote:
thanks for the input everyone. It is sounding great. Wife and I are really getting anxcious! Our new unit is supposed to come in the end of this month. Morelikely the first part of July I suspect! Really getting close now. But the old Designer is still quite comfortable, spent over 1300 nights in it so far. Sort of hate to give it up in a strange way! Been a good Camper for us!
We also have 321rlts Premier on order and is supposed to ship July 22.
jimandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #17

Just got word from our Dealer. Our new Premier came off the Assy. line 6-17-13, should be at dealers in 7 to 10 days. Time to think about packing stuff up.
Vietnam Vet USMC
Old 03-16-2014, 09:21 PM   #18

Hi there, my wife and I are seriously considering an Eagle Premier 321rlts , love everything about it but really having difficulty figuring out where or how to locate a trash can in the kitchen....Salesman did not have any suggestions, any other Premier 321RLTS owners have any answers ? Thanks
Pacsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:09 AM   #19
Site Team

We use a small free standing one with a step lid. I know of others who have used one of the lower doors, under sink or lower pantry to place a narrow can.

It does seem an oversight cause many comment on it.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 03-17-2014, 06:48 AM   #20

hi Norty 1, thank you for your suggestion, a small can with step lid is a good option but we were really surprised that this has not been addressed before and fixed still a great floor plan ,well built rig and I'm pretty sure we will be making an offer shortly.....looking forward to using this board to help us learn more about the Jayco family.....Cheers...
Pacsands is offline   Reply With Quote