Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-18-2016, 02:41 PM   #1

Anyone have water under the kitchen sink after a shower?

Well Hello!
Glad to be a new Eagle HT (2016 28.5 RLTS) owner! Not glad to be starting out with a problem!
We have had our Eagle for 6 months now and have already had her into the dealer...and they couldn't find the problem, in fact it never happened to them!
So here is the issue.
about 5 months into our camping (?maybe 60ish nights in) we noticed water coming from under the kitchen sink a few minutes after taking a shower. Our model has the kitchen in the middle and the shower is on the opposite side.
We check all the obvious culprits, fittings lose (no), water in the basement under the drain (no) brought it into the dealer, they did a test where they filled up the tanks to check for a leak and rechecked fittings....nothing!
Discovered there is a exhaust pipe under the kitchen counter top and thought maybe that was over flowing ...no. We would dump every couple of days so we weren't overflowing
When it first happened we would keep our drains closed, now we have started opening them before showing...but shouldn't have to do that. We haven't had it happen since we are opening them....
Anyone else ever had this happen? Could the tanks be vapor locking when the values is closed???

Help....thanks!
Salliemeandering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 07:58 AM   #2

Cool

Oh yea! We are the first ones!
Old 08-19-2016, 08:46 AM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
The Black & Gray tanks are vented through the roof. I would check all the drains with a snake or with a camera. Also check for loose ABS joints. Since your still under warranty the dealer should take care of it. You also can use none stainable dye in the drains.
Showering beyond the gray tanks capacity will overflow at the lowest point first.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:19 AM   #4

Not after a shower - however on my new small unit the p-trap under the kitchen sink was cross threaded and not sealed. For the first two weeks every time I used the sink water would leak out. Lucky I caught it before too long.
2016 KLR650E
Just me and roads less traveled...
ErraticAKn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALJO View Post
The Black & Gray tanks are vented through the roof. I would check all the drains with a snake or with a camera. Also check for loose ABS joints. Since your still under warranty the dealer should take care of it. You also can use none stainable dye in the drains.
Showering beyond the gray tanks capacity will overflow at the lowest point first.
Ok, we have 2 gray tanks, 1 vent for both on roof, with a capped 1/2 (?) vent under the kitchen sink. The dealer did check for loose joints, and filled the tanks to capacity and it didn't happen to them. Isn't the lowest point the shower pan? It doesn't come up there...will look into snake and camera. Dealer didn't mention those 2 things so I don't know if they tried that. Tell me about the non stainable dye...thank you
Old 08-19-2016, 09:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErraticAKn View Post
Not after a shower - however on my new small unit the p-trap under the kitchen sink was cross threaded and not sealed. For the first two weeks every time I used the sink water would leak out. Lucky I caught it before too long.
That happened on our pup! We were brand new RV owners on our first trip out! Lucky for us campers are some of the nicest people and the RVers next to us had some plumbers tape! That was the first thing we check before we even took ownership this time!
But thank you for your help!