Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-15-2018, 06:35 PM   #1

Anyone with a Jayco Eagle HT 29.5 FBDS Front Bunk?

New to forum. Looking for someone with a 29.5 FBDS.
I've got a couple of questions.

Thanks, Dan
danr1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:06 AM   #2

Yes sir, we purchased it last year and picked it up at the factory in Indiana last February 2017. Looking forward to getting on the road next week. So we have had it a little over a year.
Lazyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyl View Post
Yes sir, we purchased it last year and picked it up at the factory in Indiana last February 2017. Looking forward to getting on the road next week. So we have had it a little over a year.
Great! We are looking at purchasing it sight unseen and have a question.

We are planning on removing the bunks completely. Question is, do you think the sleeper/sofa that is in the living room would fit in the area where the bunks are? On one of the side walls.

Also, can you measure the sleeper sofa (length) for me?

Thanks, Dan
Old 04-16-2018, 06:01 PM   #4

We are in Sacramento celebrating our grandson birthday and won’t be home till Wednesday if that’s soon enough? I have slept in the bunk house frequently and being 6’ tall I have plenty of room. I have also tried to lay on the couch and it just don’t work. At this point my best guess is to say yes the couch would fit where one of the bunks are from front the back. Not sure how much would stick out in the door way.
I will be more then happy to measure it for you when we get home.
Hope that helps.
Al
Old 04-16-2018, 06:03 PM   #5

We get ours Friday! Sorry can't be more helpful...
Jbrusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:31 AM   #6

Quote:
We are in Sacramento celebrating our grandson birthday and won’t be home till Wednesday if that’s soon enough? I have slept in the bunk house frequently and being 6’ tall I have plenty of room. I have also tried to lay on the couch and it just don’t work. At this point my best guess is to say yes the couch would fit where one of the bunks are from front the back. Not sure how much would stick out in the door way.
I will be more then happy to measure it for you when we get home.
Hope that helps.
Al
Happy Birthday, Grandson!! That would be great, thanks.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:01 PM   #7

We have a 2018 29.5FBDS. The sleeper sofa in the main living area is 59 inches wide. I didn't fold it out to measure the width, but I'd guess about 42 inches or so. The front bunk compartment is about 72 inches from the drawers to the rear of the room. It's about 92 inches wide. Given those measurements, I'd say the sofa would fit in the front/upper room.
DesertRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:48 AM   #8

Hi Dan,
We had a great time with the grand sons birthday party. It was good to get the three families together for a few days.

The measurements on the couch are
61” long 36” wide 26” tall
The bunk house is
73” long 92” wide and the ceiling starts at the doorway at 63” and tapers down to 54” towards the front. I mention this because I’m 72” tall and it alittle uncomfortable spending much time standing in the bunkhouse.
While doing The measurements my wife came up with a good question. She said how is he going to get it through the door? The doorway to the bunkhouse is 23” and I think with a little finagling it will fit just fine. The fold out bed has 2 hitch pins to take it off the base of the couch. This should make it lighter and easier to get through the door.
If there is anything else I can do to help out just ask.
Enjoy the adventure, Al
Old 04-18-2018, 08:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Hi Dan,
We had a great time with the grand sons birthday party. It was good to get the three families together for a few days.

The measurements on the couch are
61” long 36” wide 26” tall
The bunk house is
73” long 92” wide and the ceiling starts at the doorway at 63” and tapers down to 54” towards the front. I mention this because I’m 72” tall and it alittle uncomfortable spending much time standing in the bunkhouse.
While doing The measurements my wife came up with a good question. She said how is he going to get it through the door? The doorway to the bunkhouse is 23” and I think with a little finagling it will fit just fine. The fold out bed has 2 hitch pins to take it off the base of the couch. This should make it lighter and easier to get through the door.
If there is anything else I can do to help out just ask.
Enjoy the adventure, Al
Thanks, Al.

That's what I needed. I thought about the door, and figured I could always make the opening bigger if needed with a new wider door OR find another sofa that would fit the door.

As far as the ceiling height, we're going to make it a TV room, so I think that will work.

I appreciate your help and I'll let you know if we need other measurements. Our dealer doesn't have this plan in stock, so we are ordering it based on youtube videos and the Jayco 360 Degree walkaround on their website.

Thanks, Dan
Old 04-18-2018, 01:04 PM   #10

Hi Dan,
Sounds like you have it all under control with being able to move a wall if needed.
I was wondering if you have ordered your 5th wheel all ready? If not you might call or check web sight for rv express and get a quote from Lorenz or Jessica. They are the people who helped Barb and I with our order and feel they treated fairly. Ordering it sight unseen I had a hundred questions and they were patient and very thorough with me. We also drove to Indiana to pick it up and saved a bunch on delivery fees. Took a tour of Jayco factory and did some sightseeing. Just made a fun trip out of it. Just thought I would throw that out and hope it helps in your decision.
Safe travels, Al
Www.thervexpress.com
Old 04-20-2018, 04:18 PM   #11

Quote:
Hi Dan,
Sounds like you have it all under control with being able to move a wall if needed.
I was wondering if you have ordered your 5th wheel all ready? If not you might call or check web sight for rv express and get a quote from Lorenz or Jessica. They are the people who helped Barb and I with our order and feel they treated fairly. Ordering it sight unseen I had a hundred questions and they were patient and very thorough with me. We also drove to Indiana to pick it up and saved a bunch on delivery fees. Took a tour of Jayco factory and did some sightseeing. Just made a fun trip out of it. Just thought I would throw that out and hope it helps in your decision.
Safe travels, Al
The RV Express | RV Dealer Jayco Highland Ridge Dutchmen Keystone Travel Trailers RVs
Al,

W were going to order, but we found one that was optioned the way we wanted in Washington State. I'm having it shipped to us in Colorado.

Thanks for your help.

Dan
Old 05-03-2018, 05:52 PM   #12

Size of TV in front bunk

Getting the FBDS next week and was wondering if anyone could tell me what size TV would fit in the bunkhouse. Want to purchase it and have it ready to install. Thanks!
Jonhuber8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonhuber8 View Post
Getting the FBDS next week and was wondering if anyone could tell me what size TV would fit in the bunkhouse. Want to purchase it and have it ready to install. Thanks!
Width is 26 1/2
Height is 21 1/2
Depth is 14 at the bottom, 8 at the top

Probably need a TV on a stand as there is no flat surface to mount.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by danr1707 View Post
Al,

W were going to order, but we found one that was optioned the way we wanted in Washington State. I'm having it shipped to us in Colorado.

Thanks for your help.

Dan
Would love to see some pics when you get it!
BassOverflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:12 PM   #15

FYI, most RV sofa units have backs that are removable.

The fold out sofa bed that came with our 29.5BHOK was very uncomfortable to sit on. We replaced it with recliners (no they do not convert to beds, but, are comfortable for naps ).

The original sofa bed disassembled easily into smaller sections. Top unbolted, bottom section pivots unbolted. Bottom frame disassembled. Took me about 30min to get it apart and 10 of that was figuring out where all the screws are.

PS there were only two screws holding the sofa down to the floor.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:10 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassOverflow View Post
Would love to see some pics when you get it!
Bunks removed, Sofa moved to bunk room, 43" TV installed.