Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #1

Are Pinnacles rated for fulltime usage?

Howdy all,
Just looking forward to the day I retire and can full-time. My question is, are Jayco Pinnacle fifth wheels rated for full-time usage? I know that most fiver manufacturers will void the warranty if their rig is used for full-time. How about Jayco?
rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

No they are not. This is from page 1-3 from the Pinnacle owner's manual: Jayco recreation vehicles are manufactured for use as temporary
living quarters for recreation, camping and travel uses, all as
defined by the bylaws of the Recreation Vehicle Industry
Association (RVIA).
This recreation vehicle is not intended for use as a full-time
residence or for commercial use.
Commercial use means using the RV as a business asset such as a mobile office
or using the RV for lease or rental purposes.
Jayco reserves the right to discontinue or change specifications or design at any
time without notice and without incurring any obligation whatsoever. RV’s built for
sale in Canada may differ to conform to Canadian Codes.
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:30 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Warranty is defined by the mfg for a certain amount of use regulated by RVIA bylaws.
If you worry about the warranty then don't. I think it is up to the owner of a certain type RV how they want to use it. Some types RV's are better for fulltime than others. If well maintained I see no reason why it can't be used fulltime. I think using it fulltime is better than having it stored in extreme cold temperatures.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #4
Site Team

Some of our members fulltime in Jayflight travel trailers and have had good results. And the Jayflight is considered an entry level trailer.....So the Pinnacle should hold up well.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwsmith111 View Post
No they are not. This is from page 1-3 from the Pinnacle owner's manual: Jayco recreation vehicles are manufactured for use as temporary
living quarters for recreation, camping and travel uses, all as
defined by the bylaws of the Recreation Vehicle Industry
Association (RVIA).
This recreation vehicle is not intended for use as a full-time
residence or for commercial use.
Commercial use means using the RV as a business asset such as a mobile office
or using the RV for lease or rental purposes.
Jayco reserves the right to discontinue or change specifications or design at any
time without notice and without incurring any obligation whatsoever. RV’s built for
sale in Canada may differ to conform to Canadian Codes.
That's just a good lawyer writing a COA (cover our ...)paragraph . I know someone who has been fulltiming in a GREYHAWK for at least 6 years and even gets some of the service work done at the factory.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #6
Lost in the Woods

Oh I totally agree Grumpy!!! DW and I have an Eagle 338 rlts and plan on going full time in it when I retire. I really don't see much difference in a full time RV vs. most others except maybe the weight of the frame and maybe a little heavier wall construction and a few other bells and whistles. Other than that they use the same components with the exception of maybe a residential fridge and more room for a bigger washer/dryer setup...
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:56 AM   #7

We have been fulltiming in our Pinnacle since June 2011. We have found it to be a well-built, solid unit with quality support systems (furnace, converter, plumbing, etc.)

Our unit has NEVER been back to a dealer for any kind of warranty work. We had a few issues, mostly minor, which I took care of myself rather than put up with the inconvenience of finding a place to live while our unit was in the shop. I believe that if you want something done right, do it yourself, then if it goes wrong, you know who to blame!

We have been in temperatures from -10 deg.F to 100 deg.F, and have stayed comfortable, with all systems functioning normally. We have put about 30,000 miles on our unit.

I would purchase another Pinnacle if we were to replace our unit with another similar fifthwheel. Note that we have done certain modifications to make ours more liveable and durable. See our blog for details. www.canadafulltimers.blogspot.ca.

David and Denise, fulltiming since 2011.
Blog: www.canadafulltimers.blogspot.com
Pinnacle 36RETS, Samsung RF197 refer, 17.5 wheels/H-rated tires, Mor-Ryde pinbox, wet bolts and X-Factor, Monroe shocks, TireMinder TPMS.
2013 GMC 3500HD DRW 2wd, AirLift rear airbags, Curt Q20, 46 gal ATI transfer tank, Yamaha 3000iS in pickup bed
huronwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #8

We think our Eagle 321RLTS is more than good enough for fulltime.Thats why we bought it for when we can get our ac & self-storage business's sold and retire.A Pinnacle would be more than adequate.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:10 AM   #9

Just dont say you are full timing... You dont have to tell them... esp if they dont ask.
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full time