Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-07-2019, 10:55 AM   #1

atwood furnace intermediate

I have a 2018 north point 5th wheel.
The atwood furnace has had problem firing periodically since we bought it.
It runs fine for a night or two then just stopped firing? When that happened I went out and shut gas tank off and un screwed propane tank line to let any pressure out of lines. Then re screwed tank back on and opened tank back up and it did start back up. Sometimes I would have to do that a time or two before if would re light. Furnace has barely been used since we bought it new?
I also can't find any real access to actual furnace?
I need help. Thanks
TonyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:06 PM   #2

In my 377 the furnace is located above the water heater. Access is gained by removing the gray access panel in the storage area. You will need to remove a few screws to get it out.

We had similar issues and after a failed warranty repair by CW I ended up, removing the furnace myself. Blowing out everything, putting a new sail switch and igniter board in and no issues since.

If like mine, the water lines run directly in front of it. I re-routed those (there is a post about that) to make getting it in and out easier.

In my case, it was cheaper to do the work myself than the fuel and time to get the warranty work done again.
2018 North Point 377RLBH, Roadmaster Comfort Ride, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Flexair 21k Pinbox, Victron MultiPlus II 2x120v 12v, power distribution, solar controller, smart shunt, 1000w of solar panels, 4 Lifepo4 200ah batteries
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC DRW LB 6.7, Air Lift 7500XL with Air Lift dual channel wireless
bill3kirk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
access, furnace, intermittent